23

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I peered over the table from far and noticed that EXO and Eunhee hadn’t left the table yet. Gosh, I’m so lucky to have friends like them. They could bear waiting me for an hour. I’m grateful and also surprised of that.

I slowed down my tracks to observe if Xiumin was there. And to my luck, he was not there yet. So I made a run for it.

EXO (minus Xiumin) and Eunhee noticed my presence and they waved back at me with wide smiles plastered on their faces as if nothing happened like an hour ago. I don’t know if they’re acting or not, but I know very well that I’m relieved that I’m not getting myself into trouble.

Like awhile ago, I sat between Eunhee and Kris. When I looked at Kris in the eyes, I noticed that he seemed quite anxious about my sudden disappearance for a mere while, but he shrugged it off with a small smile on his lips.

Suddenly, I felt another presence arriving and when I turned my head, I saw Xiumin approaching the table with a gloom face. I’m lucky that I got here first before him.

When he sat down on the table, Xiumin blew out a heavy sigh. Chen who’s sitting beside his left (and on Chen’s left is Eunhee *cough*) patted his shoulder, making Xiumin look up at him.

“So… what did Jihyun say?” Chen questioned casually and I could feel the tensed atmosphere surrounding our table. Cliché, but it is true.

Xiumin sighed while he looked down at his lap. I tried my best to not know what happened back there so no one would be suspicious. Silently, I took the full water bottle in the middle of the table and opened it before I gulped the water down slowly.

“That Jihyun from one of my classes confessed to me,” Xiumin spoke out casually, making me choke on my water and earned an abrupt cough. How could he speak so casually like nothing happened to him?

“Are you okay, Ahyoung?” Eunhee looked at me anxiously while I felt myself being patted in the back. I turned my head and saw Kris was doing that to me.

I turned back to Eunhee nodded. My throat was hurt. “Yeah, I’m fine,” I answered her question and drank my water again.

“Oh yeah. Ahyoung didn’t know what happened just now, eh?” Lu Han stated and everyone nodded in agreement except Xiumin. I felt myself a bit sad that he didn’t even take a glance at me.

I fixed my position on my seat and placed my left elbow on the table while my left cheek was pressured on my left palm. I looked at everyone boringly. “What happened actually?” I asked pretending to not understand the situation.

Baekhyun clasped his hands. “Okay. Let me explain. Where do you want to start it from? Long story or short story? From the half or from the beginning?” Baekhyun ranted and I saw everyone rolling their eyes. I chuckled a little at their behavior before motioning to go on. “Everything,” I uttered and Baekhyun smiled.

“Okay. So twenty minutes ago when you were still doing your ‘thing’,” Baekhyun air quoted. “Apparently our beloved hyung here was called by Jihyun because she has something to say with hyung,” he explained and I nodded.

Knowing my motion, Baekhyun didn’t bother to stop the story. “So he went and blah blah blah. Let’s ask hyung to explain what happened when we weren’t there with him,” Baekhyun gestured Xiumin to explain.

Xiumin seemed to be lost in his thoughts, because when Baekhyun already gave a gesture, he shook his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter