20

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was still shock due to the sudden surprise. It really quite made me dumfounded until I didn’t realize my surroundings.

Someone pulled the person who back hugged me and I heard a yelp, making me snap back to reality and turn my head to where the yelp sound came from.

“Cheesy Kai!” I saw Suho scolding Kai who’s rubbing his left arm. “Are you trying to flirt with her?” he pointed out, making my eyes widened in surprise.

Kai sighed and messed up his hair. “Hyung. I was only giving her a warm greeting! Come on! It’s been awhile since we’ve seen her!” Kai defended himself.

Lu Han placed an arm on Kai’s left shoulder and patted it lightly. “But still. You don’t have to kiss her in the cheek, you know?”

With that statement, my eyes widened even more (even if that’s possible) as my jaw dropped in disbelief. I wiped my cheek where Kai ‘kissed’ me abruptly.

“Eww! Kai!” I spat and slapped his arm with my medium strength, not too hard because I know my limit.

Kai flinched and rubbed his arm again. “Ouch! What was that for!?”

I gave a small smack on his forehead. “For kissing me in the cheek. Geez, what a flirt you are, Kai!” I glared at him.

“Oh, come on! Is that bad?” Kai placed his hands on his waist and pointed somewhere. “Xiumin hyung kissed you more often yet you’re not mad at him?”

His statement made me loss for words. My mind went blank all of a sudden. How am I supposed to give a reply?

Just my luck, the bell rang, indicating that the class started. I mentally sighed in relief as the EXO boys excluding Chen, Suho and Xiumin, groan and ran to their classes.

As usual, the last student who came last is the class’ representative, Yongguk. He walked in coolly to the classroom and placed his palms on the teacher’s desk. If he’s in that kind of pose, usually he has some announcement to make.

“Listen class,” Yongguk’s low voice made the whole class silent in a second. He cleared his throat and looked at each other’s faces firmly. “We have a new replacement teacher.”

Yongguk’s words hit every student’s minds like a sharp knife. They nor I never thought that Mrs. Gong could have a replacement teacher, because usually when she is absent even for a long time too, she never hired a replacement.

“He’s only here for awhile, like an intern, I mean. He will leave this school until Mrs. Gong is present again. So, I hope for your silence so the intern won’t be uncomfortable with us,” Yongguk explained before he went back into his seat.

And as Yongguk’s words, a few minutes later, the whole class heard footsteps who we claimed as the replacement teacher.

The door opened, and my eyes widened in surprise. I could hear faint gasps coming out from the student’s mouth.

“Hello class!” the intern bowed politely and placed his right hand on his waist while his left hand on the teacher’s desk. He smiled to us meaningfully.

“I’m Lee Jinki. And I’ll be Mrs. Gong’s replacement teacher for awhile until she comes back. I hope you’ll treat me well,” Jinki gave the students an eye smile.

***

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re an intern?!” I yelled at him and placed my hands on my waist while looking at Jinki fiercely

Jinki chuckled. “I told you that you will know it sooner or later, didn’t I?” he nudged my arm playfully but I slapped it away.

“But you could at least tell me!” I rubbed my temples. “Now how am I supposed to explain this to my friend—.”

“No!” Jinki covered my mouth and gave me a pleading look.

I removed his hand from my face and raised an eyebrow. “Explain why can’t I tell them?”

“Just don’t, okay?” Jinki gave me a soft smile. “You don’t want to be noticed in this school that you’re my—-.”

“Woah. Okay, okay,” I pushed his forehead and Jinki stumbled backwards. He gave me a d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter