1

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because of the looooong holiday, I’ve already got used to my holiday sleeping habit; and that is waking up very very late.

 

 

I rolled over my bed for the umpteenth time, groaning because of the sunlight that was shining through my window. Urgh… the heat is killing me… I still wanna sleep longer…

Feeling annoyed, I sat up on my bed and rubbed my eyes. Then I looked around to find my clock on my desk beside my bed. My eyes widened.

06.30 AM

“Holy crap!” I cried out and quickly jumped off my bed. I have to go school in thirty minutes time, today. It’s the first day of the second semester and my holiday days are still gluing on me. How come holidays went so fast while school days went so slow…

In a hurry, I ran to the bathroom and took a bath for 2 minutes. New record for me. Usually I will take a bath about ten minutes or so.

After I finished changing my clothes and preparing my school stuffs, I slung my bad over my shoulder and ran downstairs to the dining room, meeting with my older brother, Wooyoung, who was drinking a warm coffee in the dining table with a plate of omelet in front of him.

“You’re late, sissy,” he said sarcastically while sipping his coffee from his mouth. I rolled my eyes and sat in front of him, realizing that he prepared breakfast.

“Argh… you know my holiday habit, oppa,” I grumbled. He chuckled low. “Yeah. Waking up late, sleep, eat, watch TV, and stuff,” he answered evenly. I pouted and started to put a spoonful of rice on my mouth.

“Because this is the first day, I’ll just say: ‘I will take you to your school’, then,” he said with a sigh. I widened my eyes and smiled at him. “Ok, then,” I answered and started to eat faster.

Clucking his tongue, my brother put his mug back on the table with a loud noise. “Oh, and what do you mean by this?”

Not knowing what he said, I looked at him. My eyes widened. Why is my book with him?

After gulping down the food in my mouth, I quickly tried to reach out my story book in Wooyoung’s grip. “Give it back, oppaaaaa~” I cried out. He pulled his hand back, avoiding the book from my hands and chuckled. He’s taller than me, but I don’t care. I need my book back this instant.

“Grow up, Ahyoung!” he said mingled with laughter. “You’re a teenager and you still read fairy tales? Puh-lease… you think your life will be like in those fairy tales?” he scoffed.

Realizing that he’s too tall for me and I couldn’t get the book, I sighed loud and went back to my seat. “So what?” I said sarcastically. “I… uh… well… ah—just forget it.”

Wooyoung laughed. “I wonder what’ll Eunhee’s reaction would be if she found out you still reading these books,” he remarked.

I rolled my eyes. “She already knew about that a long time ago, oppa,” I murmured. “But still. I kinda believe in fairy tales. Happy endings, love and a Prince Charming! And that is my ambition!” I said eagerly. Wooyoung only laughed.

“A Prince Charming?” he remarked mingled with laughter and took a sip from his coffee. “Ahyoung, there is no such thing as happy endings in life. Love may be available, but a prince charming…? Good luck with that,” he said.

Feeling down, I ignored his words and pouted, while slanging my bag over my shoulder, ready to leave. “Hurry up or else I’ll tell mum that you are in a crush,” I intimidated him. He widened his eyes.

“Are you threatening me?” he muttered low. I raised an eyebrow and turned my head back to him. “What did you say, oppa?”

“Oh, nothing!” he said and chuckled awkwardly. Sipping his coffee and stood up, walking to the garage and going into the car. I followed his lead.

Actually, I already found my Prince Charming. But he’s not in school… and he’s way too popular…

“So…” Eunhee started the conversation awkwardly when we’re already at class. She sat next to me, in my right. “How’s your Prince Charming going on?”

I sighed heavily. “Just fine. I just hoped he went to this school,” I murmured exhausted.

Eunhee’s eye widened. “So you’ve already found your P-”

“Just forget it,” I cut off her words and opened my notebook, scribbling on it. Eunhee frowned.

A few seconds later, our art teacher, Mrs. Gong, walked in to class with books on her grip. I rolled my eyes. This is going to be a boring lesson.

But then, I just realized Mrs. Gong wasn’t walking alone to the class. There were three figures following behind her. And my eyes widened at the person who closed the door.

I pulled Eunhee’s wrist. “It’s him…” I murmured, my gaze still locking on the person that I meant. Now he’s standing in the right—my right to be exact.

Eunhee looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “What are you talking about?” she asked.

"It's The Noble Prince! I found him!" I cried out lowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter