The Nightmares

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae woke with a start. Another nightmare ... He ran a hand across his sweaty forehead to try to remove the last bits of the dream. He looked around him. The room was so empty ... He was alone again. He could never get used to the emptiness and sleeping alone. If everyone believed that Donghae had a lonely character, it was actually just the opposite. Even though he was sometimes very shy, he couldn’t bear to be alone. He looked at his watch it was 5 in the morning, so he still had some time before his classes and he knew he would be unable to go back to sleep. He got up, changed his pajamas for jogging and went in secret to go to the dance hall. It was forbidden for a student to be out and walking in the corridors at this hour, so he took care to make no noise, because the last thing he wanted was to wake the dorm’s head, which was, he had to say, scary. When he came into the room, he didn’t need to turn the lights on. The day dawned behind the dusty windows and illuminated the room enough so he could see. He put the music on and started to warm up.
Some hours later he dropped to the ground, exhausted. What he loved about it was that while he danced his mind went blank. The world disappeared completely and there was only him and the music. He looked at his watch, 7:30A.M and jumped to his feet. Damn, he was going to be late! He hurried back to take a shower and put on his uniform. At 8:30 battery, Kyuhyun was waiting at the entrance of the dorms. The vision of his friend surprised him. His uniform was full of wrinkles as if he dressed in a hurry, his hair formed peaks that pointed in all directions and he had very showy dark circles under the eyes. This wasn’t like him, who always made it a point of honor always be neat.


"You look awful!"


"Yeah, good morning to you too, hyung."


"What happen?"


They went on their way to the main building.


"Sungmin .."


"Did he do something to you?" Donghae asked, worried.


"Yes! He tortured me all night!"


Donghae stared at the younger blankly.


"From one he comes to the room late and don’t even bother to be discreet. He made such a racket that it woke me up."


Kyuhyun began to gesticulate in every way to accentuate what he said. He looked really angry.


"And as if that weren’t enough, he snores, moves all the time and cringe, that damn bunny! How do you want someone to sleep in these conditions?"


"Bunny?"


"Yes, he grinds his teeth like a rabbit... I thought he would be cute sleeping, but in fact it’s like I’m in hell."


Donghae laugh, he didn’t often have the opportunity to see Kyuhyun so agitated and upset, he was always calm and composed.

"This is not the first time you sleep with him, right? You should be used to it. "


"Actually it’s the first time... he stayed in the room of the blonde who is always with Eunhyuk, I don’t remember his name. This is the first night he spent in our room and honestly I could do without this guy."


"He is your hyung, so be more respectful."


"You say that about the guy who treats you as less than nothing all day? "


Donghae shrugged.


"He's still your hyung. "


Unwittingly Donghae suddenly left out a big yawn.


"You didn’t get much sleep either, hyung?" Kyuhyun asked.


"I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t get back to sleep."


He could talk about these dreams with Kyuhyun, but for some reason he had the feeling that it was something personal, and he wanted to understand what they meant before, so he said nothing.


The day went fairly quickly, Sungmin seemed too tired to be a to Donghae and Eunhyuk continued to ignore him.


The next day didn’t go as quietly. During the day they had a free hour, Kyuhyun went to the library with one of his friends and Donghae preferred to stay outside and enjoy the warmth and sunshine. The brunet was going to sit in the grass with the intention of reading the book from his Korean class, when a heavy object hit him behind the head. His head spin a little because of the impact, before realizing what was happening. He heard laughter behind him and saw that what had been thrown was an apple. He turned around to come face to face with the popular group. Of course it could only be them. Eunhyuk had a bad smile, Sungmin laughed out loud and most discreet boy named Junsu kept a straight face.


"So did you have a revelation as Newton?" Sungmin chuckled.


"Newton had an apple fell on his head; it wasn’t thrown by a bunch of idiots." Donghae replied. "Minha would be so proud of you Eunhyuk..." he said sarcastically.


They stopped laughing and smiling immediately. The boy noticed Eunhyuk’s clenched fists, the mention of his twin had caused the desired effect.


"I think you’re very cocky talking to us like this when your boyfriend is not here to protect you. If you didn’t notice there are 3 of us."


Donghae shrugged impassively.


"So what? You are going to hit me in broad daylight? "


Eunhyuk took a step forward.


"Do not tempt me."


"I didn’t do anything to you, and you want to hit me? So childish."


Sungmin grabbed the neck of Donghae.


"That's it! I'm going to beat the crap out of you."


Junsu stepped forward and put a hand on his arm to calm Sungmin.


"Stop it, Min. We had our fun now let's go. "


Eunhyuk without hesitation turned and walked away. Sungmin eyed Donghae before releasing and follow Junsu. Once the boys left, the brown haired boy started to breathe again, he hadn’t noticed he was holding his breath the whole time. His legs were trembling and he sat down on the grass. It wasn’t easy to keep calm and be as brave in front of boys who could easily overcome him. He really thought they were going to hit him. He didn’t know why but lately the Sungmin’s bulliying had worsened and Eunhyuk who always kept his distances, now took a erse pleasure to see him be victimized. Why now after all this time? Donghae knew that things had to change... Because he wouldn’t last long like this...


***


Eunhyuk and his friends had found a bench to sit and Sungmin went get something to drink while Junsu and Eunhyuk rested a little. Junsu suddenly turned to the thin boy.


 "You know, I think you should cut some slack to that kid ..."


"What kid?"


Seeing the look that Junsu gave him, Eunhyuk immediately understood what “kid” he was talking about.


"You can’t continue to blame him all your life. I mean, he lost his sister too, more importantly his twin! "


Eunhyuk remained silent. He didn’t want to talk about it nor heard anything. But he left Junsu continue.


"You remember how they were always together? When Minha wasn’t with you, she was always glue to Donghae. It must have been hard for him to suddenly be on his own... "


"So what, you want me to become his friend? "


"No. But at least don’t be his enemy. "


Eunhyuk raised his arms in frustration.


"I don’t understand what you want me to do. I never liked this kid and he also doesn’t carry me in his heart, then there is nothing to change. "


Junsu seemed about to say something, but Eunhyuk cut him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter