Family matters

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They drove all day to arrive on late afternoon at the cemetery where his sister was buried. Eunhyuk firmly gripping the wheel, he took a deep sigh and went out of the car. Donghae felt as nervous as he; after all it was the first time he came here after her death. Donghae moved by instinct along the other graves to his sister’s, Eunhyuk on his heels. See the name of his sister wrote on the cold stone was less painful than he thought, now that he was in front of her remains; everything that had happened two years ago seemed like a dream.

He turned to the dancer at his side. For him on the contrary it was all more real than ever. Donghae could see a dull pain in the eyes of the thin boy; he had never seen Eunhyuk so sad and hurt. So fragile. For a moment he even though the boy was going to cry, but no tears left his eyes.

He stared at the grave as if it would have the power to bring her back to life. Donghae couldn’t tolerate the pain that the other felt, so he gently slipped his hand into his and squeezed. He thought that Eunhyuk would withdrawn his hand, but he left for a moment before realizing what was going on and remove it, but gently.

"We should go now." He said.


"I can leave you alone if you want." Donghae proposed.


"No it's fine. I saw what I wanted to see we can go home now."


He whirled around to leave, but the two boys found themselves facing a couple holding a bouquet in hand and the only thing that man could say was.


"What are you doing here? "


Donghae’s whole body froze and at the time he wished more than anything to be in Minha’s place, it was what he felt whenever he found himself in front of his parents. The four stared at each other for a few seconds when Donghae’s mother noticed Eunhyuk.


"Lee Hyukjae dear, it's been so long since we last saw you."


"Hello Mrs. Lee."


Donghae couldn’t say a word, he was frozen, scared to look up. His mother was making an obvious effort not to look at his son and slashed a fake smile to Eunhyuk.


"You came here to see Minha? "


"Yes ... I'm sorry I shouldn’t have come."


She chuckled.


"Nonsense! You're like family, she would have been happy to see you."


Donghae's heart sank despite himself. He who had been rejected by his parents, suggesting that the other boy was part of the family as they hadn’t seen him for more than two years touched Donghae more than he would have liked.

He thought he had turned the page with his parents, but it seemed that the wound was still there. The woman then turned to his son and gave him a weak smile.


"Hello Donghae-ah."


"Hi mom ..." he managed to say in a hoarse voice.


"You should not be here." Finally, his father said.


"We were leaving."


"You know the rules ! We don’t want to see you." His father raising his voice.


Donghae lowered his head and said through gritted teeth.


"I know ..."


He didn’t dare to make eye contact with his parents or the boy at his side. He really didn’t want Eunhyuk seeing that, it was a tragedy in his life he wanted to hide from the world. Suddenly his mother frowned and turned to her husband.


"Why are you talking to him like that?"


"Yeobo..."


"My Minha did nothing wrong so don’t yell at her."


Her husband and Eunhyuk froze at the words and Donghae felt like someone had stabbed him. Ms. Lee walked with a smile and she the face of her son that she could no longer see.


"Minha ... You're so pretty, why do you never come to see your old mother? "


Donghae let his mother touch him but closed his eyes the strongest possible, wishing to disappear. That was why he wasn’t allowed to see his mother or to live with his family, because sometimes his mother loses her mind, because of the grief. Suddenly she withdrew her hand quickly, as if something had burned her. The boy opened his eyes to meet the gaze of his mother who had lost her sanity. She took a step back.


"You’re not my Minha ! Who are you? "


"Yeobo..." her husband tried to calm her.


"Where is my daughter?" She shouted. "I want my daughter what have you done with her? You killed her! She died because of you."


She became completely hysterical now trying to scratch Donghae’s face but retained by the arms of her husband.


"Mom ... " Donghae whispered.


The boy couldn’t hold back his tears and now he looked at his mother having a nervous breakdown before his eyes helplessly. Eunhyuk suddenly took him by the hand and away from the woman who continued to scream. He had him get into the car and then drove off. Donghae was too shocked to say anything. It wasn’t the first time that had happened to him, but when his mother said his name, he had hoped she was better ... The brunette stubbornly kept his face turned to the window to avoid the other boy to see his tears. Now he didn’t know how to face Eunhyuk’s look. He didn’t know what to say or how to handle his reaction. They kept silent throughout their journey to school, when they arrived at the dorms it was already dark. During this time Donghae had time to calm down a bit but he still said no word. The dorms were empty as most students were still on holiday. In silence the two boys went to shower and change. Then they were going to bed. But before going to bed, Donghae felt forced to say something, because Eunhyuk’s silence made ​​him nervous, he had no idea what the other boy was thinking. He approached Eunhyuk’s bed; he was buried under his blanket as usual.


"Eunhyuk ... I ..."


He didn’t know where to start or what to say. Eunhyuk pulled his head under the blanket and without looking at the boy said.


"You don’t need to explain. Act as if nothing had happened."


Donghae was surprised by his behavior, he didn’t know if it was the kindness or lack of interest.


"Aren’t you curious?" Donghae asked.


The boy sat down with a sigh.


"What is there to explain? I think the situation was clear. "


"I 'm sorry you had to see that..."


Eunhyuk shrugged and said nothing.


"When I was younger," Donghae began "my mother often mistakes us, even though I was a boy it often happened that she called me by Min Ha’s name... But it worsened and she became in this state after her death ... "


Donghae lowered his head to hide the tears that was riding his eyes.

"This is why I no longer have the right to see my parents ... It was long since she hadn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter