The Lighthouse

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a few days they were in Mms. Kim’s hostel. Daily Donghae got up early to help Yesung’s mother. Since he had discovered that Eunhyuk lived in the same hostel, Donghae couldn’t sit still for a second. They later learned that each holidays, Sungmin and Eunhyuk were used to come and spend time here to avoid going home. It was really a coincidence that it happens to be exactly the same place where he was working this summer. Of course his friends didn’t take long to discover that the two boys were there and Kyuhyun being more or less friends with Sungmin, spent a lot of time together when the maknae wasn’t working. Except that it didn’t seem to please Eunhyuk. And it didn’t enchanted Donghae either to spend the little free time he had in the day with Sungmin. This one became even more unpleasant and nasty with him, if it was even possible. The brunette didn’t really understood what the other boy had against him.
In a wink the first week went by. As there were only a few days of vacation left and they had worked diligently in the week, Yesung’s mother gave them free time. Donghae was reading quietly lying on his bed when Kyuhyun entered.


" Hyung! With the others we wanted to go to the east side of the beach."


" Have fun." He said without looking up from his book.


" Hyung!"


"What?"


"Come with us."


Donghae closed his book and put it at his side. Knowing that Yesung and Ryeowook had gone into town for a race, he knew very well who were the people who would come with them.


"When you say the others, you’re including of course Sungmin and Eunhyuk isn’t it?"


"Come on!"


The oldest shook his head and sighed.


"I don’t think Sungmin want me in your shipping ..."


It was Kyuhyun's turn to sigh.


"I'd like you to come with us. In addition there'll be Eunhyuk-hyung too."


Donghae didn’tknow what the reference to Eunhyuk meant and why it was a valid argument for him to come, but eventually he accepted at the plea of his dongsaeng. Donghae got up.


"Okay, but give me a moment to prepare myself for the evil Sungmin."


"Oh, he is not that bad ... "


"You’re defending him now?" asked Donghae surprised.


"I must admit we became closer lately and I discovered a new side of him."


"Close huh? I don’t want to know what you two do in your bedroom alone... "


Donghae was surprised to see Kyuhyun blush. It was supposed to be a joke, but for some reason it had embarrassed the boy. Donghae turned heels and walked away.


"Yup , I don’t wanna know!"


***


The atmosphere was heavy... The four boys were walking silently on the beach. Sungmin was clearly unhappy that the brunette was there and Eunhyuk was indifferent as usual.
Finally, after what seemed an eternity, they reached the end of the beach. Then we could see a light at the rear end of the bay. Immediately the boys became excited, even Eunhyuk appeared out of his indifference.


"You think we can go up?" Sungmin asked.


"Let's see if we can get in." Eunhyuk said.


They came and knocked at the door of the lighthouse, but no one answered. Eunhyuk then pushed the door realizing it was open.


"Come on, let's get in."


"I don’t think it’s a good idea." Donghae said suddenly.


Everyone turned to him; Sungmin suddenly had a smirk on his face.


"I knew you were a coward. What are you afraid of?"


Donghae said nothing. He wasn’t afraid but it made him uncomfortable the idea of being so close and surrounded by water. But he wasn’t going to be intimidated by the provocations of Sungmin .


"I just said it's getting late and we probably don’t have the right to be here."


"Well, right or no right I 'm going up."


Then without any time to anyone to say anything Sungmin grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and dragged him in the lighthouse. With a shrug Eunhyuk followed. The brunette therefore had no other choice; he didn’t want to be seen as weak, especially by Eunhyuk. That's how they found themselves just the two of them climbing the endless steps of the lighthouse, Sungmin and Kyuhyun had disappeared up the stairs. Neither of them knew what to say so there was only silence and the sound of their footsteps. But this situation was awkward so Donghae decided to break the ice.


"So you often come here on vacation ... Do you like the sea? "


"No. "


OK... That was very helpful. Donghae tried again.


"And yet you came here. "


"If I’d known you were here I would’ve never come."


Donghae winced slightly at the words of the dancer, he thought they had passed this animosity, but obviously he was wrong. The taller boy decided to keep silent, but then it was Eunhyuk's turn to speak.


"You’re not going to visit her grave?"


The question took him by surprise; the boy was a bit confused.


"Visiting who?"


" Minha."


With everything that was in Donghae’s head lately he had almost forgotten the anniversary of the death of his sister... almost.


"I never go visit her grave." He said in an indifferent voice.


"Why?"


Eunhyuk seemed honestly interested.


"Because my parents will be there. "


" ... And they do not want to see the face of the child they would have liked to see grave in her place." Donghae almost added, but he kept it for himself, Because Eunhyuk knew that better than anyone. That face so similar...


"And you? You're going to see her? "


"I don’t think I belong there... "


Donghae was surprised by the sincerity of Eunhyuk. With him he always expected a scathing response or no response at all. Neither says anything more and they finally reached the top. The view was beautiful. The time to climb the sun had already begun to disappear into the horizon and the sea was out of sight around them. Donghae felt slightly nauseous to see the sea as high, but tried to keep his head right.


" Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !" Sungmin shouted. "It's beautiful the view from here. I feel like I’m in a movie."


"Yes, but usually in movies like this; with 4 guys up in an abandoned lighthouse, they are always killed." Kyuhyun commented.


"And the blonde one always gets killed first." Eunhyuk added.


" YAH ! Stop trying to scare me."


Donghae couldn’t help laughing a little. They then pushed the door of the lantern and went into the little cabin, the brunette hesitated a moment, he didn’t like small places like that. Through the window they could see how far could illuminate the lighthouse light. When they were looking around suddenly Donghae turned his head and he lost a little balance. Kyuhyun caught him by the arm.


"Hyung, are you ok? "


"Yes, I’m fine. I don’t like height, that's all."


Kyuhyun put an arm around the shoulder of his hyung and made ​​him lean against the wall for a moment.


"Why you have gone so far? You shouldn’tlet Sungmin provocations get to you."

 

It was oddly sweet comment coming from Kyuhyun.


"But Sungmin was right; it looked like fun to come up here." Donghae said, smiling faintly.


The other two boys finally noticed that something was wrong and came, Sungmin looked angry.


"What is going on? "


"Hyung is afraid of highs."


It wasn’t true, Donghae had no problem with height, but this excuse was better than the real reason. Sungmin crossed his arms over his chest and gave a disdainful look at Donghae.


"And you need to be clinging into someone? A coward and a … when I say that you're a loser."


"Sungmin ... " Eunhyuk began .


But Donghae wouldn’t let the blond insult him all the time or the others take his defense.


"It's better than being a bully who only attacks others to feel better about himself."


"MO?!"


Sungmin flew to Donghae with a closed fist ready to hit the taller one, but Kyuhyun quickly intervened and detained the blonde who was struggling in his arms throwing insults at Donghae. Except that he didn’t have the strength to respond and if the other two boys weren’t restraining the furious boy, Donghae certainly wouldn’t have bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter