Please stay…

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After all the agitation of these last days, everyone was happy to return home. Everything that had happened then was told to Donghae by the others. Eunhyuk had brought him to the infirmary or they had put him under oxygen.

A few hours later he already regained consciousness and felt much better.

The professors and judges present had contacted the respective schools of the two boys involved and they had already been warned that their punishment waited after their return. Eunhyuk had fared with just the work of general interest; he would have, for 1 month, to help in the kitchen of the boarding school. Heechul on the other side, as it wasn’t the first time and his acts against Donghae had been considered much more serious, he was suspended for two weeks and banned from dance activities until further notice. Donghae didn’t care of what could happen to Heechul, Hangeng and his gang, all he wanted was to never cross their path again.

Donghae was ready to take the bus, but Sungmin, his ribs ached, he wasn’t fit to travel. So they gave him a lot of pain killers and all took the bus back. Kyuhyun was all over his roommate taking care of him, while he was half stoned, telling nonsenses throughout the trip. He had to almost carry the blond inside the bus.

Eunhyuk and Donghae silently sat side by side at the back of the bus. There was definitely a tension between them. Now that everything was calm, Donghae remembered hugging Eunhyuk in front of everyone, and was embarrassed about that. He was convinced that the other boy was mad at him, so he didn’t know how to behave. The bus started and they still hadn’t said a word. Donghae then cleared his voice.

"Uh ... thank you for saving my life ... again ...» he said in a hoarse voice.

"You shouldn’t talk, so shut up. »

Great... even after avoiding death, Eunhyuk still couldn’t be nice to him? But he wasn’t going to be impressed easily.

"The fact that you stood up to Heechul was brave. Even if you didn’t need to beat him...»

"You really never shut up, huh? This is exactly why you got yourself in this situation! "

This made Donghae angry. How dare he say it was his fault? He didn’t ask for any of it! But what hurt him was that he thought for a moment that Eunhyuk was worried for him, that he cared for him...

"If you didn’t want to save me you didn’t have to do it! I didn’t ask anything! But since you did you could at least make the effort to be a little friendlier, or it's too much to ask? "

Eunhyuk turned violently to Donghae and stared angrily at him. Then the two turned their heads toward the opposite side and began to openly sulk. Finally after a few minutes, Eunhyuk sighed.

"I 'm glad you’re okay. »

Donghae suddenly turned to Eunhyuk, but the boy kept his eyes turned towards the window. Had he just say something nice? It was what Donghae wanted, but it seemed strange to hear coming from his mouth.

«Thank you. » the brunet simply said.

They sat in silence a moment longer but Donghae was curious about something.

"What is your relationship with Hangeng exactly? »

Donghae thought the dancer would tell him to mind his own business, as he usually did, but he just said.

"He saved my life. »

The brunet gave him a questioning look, he explained.

«Hangeng-hyung is not as unreasonable as Heechul-hyung, but he cannot go against him all the time either. »

"Why? He could easily stop him! "

"They have a complicated relationship, I never quite understood but Hangeng-hyung cares a lot for Heechul, so he accepts a lot from him. »

Donghae nodded, somehow he understood Hangeng, he also accepted a lot from the one he loved.

«He is a good sunbae and hyung... I know that Sungmin told you about how I joined the gang and why I did it. At that time I wanted to run away from everything, but Hangeng-hyung forced me to stay in school, he took care of me and when I’ve had enough of living this life and he helped me leave the gang. "

"But he beat you to death! »

"It was the only way that Heechul let me go. It is I who asked him to do it. I knew that if it was he who punished me I had a chance to get out alive. "

Donghae remained silent processing this story. He understood better now the conversation he heard between the two boys. So Eunhyuk had really changed because of Hangeng... Eunhyuk had distant look, talk about his past brought back many memories. It was the first time Eunhyuk talked that much and talked about him. The brunet suddenly felt privileged that the boy shared it with him. And he felt that this was the way the dancer to made up for have been rude earlier.

Donghae was thankful and happy. Thankful to have a person able to protect him and beside him, and happy to be able to experience what was love… He suddenly grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand who turned to him surprised. The boy then took the bandaged and bruised hand to his lips and kissed it slightly.

“What you did for me was really brave.”

Eunhyuk stared at him totally shocked, then he quickly got his hand away.

“What the hell ar…”

"I 'm glad you told me all that. I feel I know you better now!” Donghae cut him happily.

«It’s scary! Why is it so important for you to know me better anyway?” He asked, turning to him.

Donghae shrugged, a little embarrassed.

«Because I 'm in love with you ..."

Eunhyuk was shocked that brunet could say this with much ease.

"You're really weird ..."

Donghae was surprised. He hadn’t rejected him as usual, even if his answer meant nothing.

«You will not leave me alone anyway, huh? »

Donghae grinned.

«Nope! »

Eunhyuk sighed and gave a half smile.

«I think I can live with that ..."

Donghae’s heart began to beat very fast, a wild hope arise in him. Had Eunhyuk officially accepted him in his life? It was the greatest achievement that Donghae did after all these months.

The boy took courage and gently slipped his hand into Eunhyuk’s. The dancer turned to him surprised but Donghae looked away, not daring to face the dancer. Eunhyuk then looked at their intertwined hands and then returned his attention outside, without removing his hand.

Few minutes later Eunhyuk felt the boy's head to rest on his shoulder and he didn’t remove it. It was reassuring to feel his warmth, the boy was alive...

***

1 month later:

«Come on, 10 more. »

«10 MORE! » Sungmin exclaimed. "But I just did 50! »

"The doctor said you had to train every day to keep your body fit and recover gradually your ribs in place. If you want to dance again one day you have to do it. So go, 10 abs!” Kyuhyun said.

«Dictator ..."

«Lazy bunny! »

"Sorry to interrupt, but couldn’t you do that in your room? »

Donghae sighed loudly. He was trying to study but the two boys in his room made it an impossible mission. Since they had returned from the competition, Kyuhyun had made Sungmin follow all instructions of your doctor and take his medication. And even if Sungmin complained much, he appreciated the attention and pampering of his roommate. Whenever they had the chance they kept company to Donghae. And when they were not arguing like an old married couple, these two were lovey dovey, all over each other. The brunet really wondered where his evil maknae was. Donghae was slightly jealous of their relationship ... Because ever since they had returned, Eunhyuk avoided him and they had not managed to get a moment alone together to discuss. When Donghae returned after classes Eunhyuk was working in the canteen and in the evening he always came later and the brunet was already asleep or he was asleep when Donghae came. Their timing was not sync at all. It was almost as if  Eunhyuk was afraid of being alone with him. But some things had changed. He was more tolerant with Donghae and sometimes nice. Sungmin sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter