Double Life

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The brunet leaned on the wall trying to catch up his breath. His hand hurts, his face hurts, his back hurts, almost all his body hurts.

Heechul walked between the bodies on the ground and approached Donghae, while cleaning his bloody hand.

“I knew you had potential.”

The boy didn’t answer; he fixed the carnage they did on the floor. Heechul finally got to him and whispered in his ear.

“Do you remember that you told me we were alike? Well congratulations Hae, you’re became me now...”

Then he started laughing hysterically.

He was going to be sick. That wasn’t what he wanted… that wasn’t what he was expecting… How did it become like this? Everything was so messed up now… The brunet was almost forgetting why he was doing all this, because in the end, he sold his soul for nothing…

 

Flash Back: 1 month ago.

Donghae entered the warehouse, a place he never thought he would have come back to, and he went to Heechul’s room. After knocking on the door he entered. The thin dark haired boy was sitting in his usual chair, Donghae bowed slightly to him.

“Hyungnim…”

“Oh Hae, come in.” he smiles. “You learned quickly the good manners around here.”

The brunet winced, disgusted by his own behavior, and sat in front of Heechul.

“So did you do what I asked you?”

“Yes I did…”

Since that day when Donghae received the most improbable phone call from Heechul, he had made a deal with him. And that deal was very simple: he would do everything Heechul asked him and in return he would get close to Eunhyuk again and make him be himself again. Because a few days before that Eunhyuk went back to Heechul and for an unknown reason this one wanted to help Donghae, with conditions of course.

So here was he, being the new Heechul’s minion.

“Show me.” Said Heechul.

“They’re outside.”

Heechul got up to go out but Donghae stopped him.

“You’re going to keep your word aren’t you?”

“You still don’t trust me?”

“I’ll never trust you.” said Donghae.

“Fair enough. Then let me give you a gift as proof of my good will.”

They then went to the commune room, a large room where all the guys from the gang liked to hang out. As soon as they saw the boss, all the boys jumped on their feet and bowed.

“Hyungnim you’re here.”

Heechul pointed to one of them, a tall boy that was sitting on a couch, and waved for him to come. The boy came obediently; Heechul then turned to Donghae and pointed the boy.

“His name is Minho do you remember him?”

It took a few seconds for Donghae to remember him and when he did his eyes widened.

“Yes, he is one of the guys that beat you up and put you in the bus’s trunk.” said Heechul.

Now Donghae would recognize the boy that provoked them and he remembered of him being Taemin’s half-brother.

“How is that a gift?” asked Donghae nervous.

“I’m giving him to you. I’ll let you do whatever you want with him.”

Minho looked at both of them, confused.

“What?” asked Donghae dumbfounded.

“I’ll let you take revenge on him. You can beat him or whatever…”

Heechul would say that so naturally, like it was no big deal, like he wasn’t offering the life of another human being, like he owned the boy. And Donghae was sure that the boy would agree to everything his hyung would order him, like a blind little soldier.

“You really don’t get it, do you?” asked Donghae sighing. “I’m not like you, I don’t want to get revenge on anyone or for anything, and I am not going to get into these unending circles of hell.” he turned towards Minho. “You can go.”

Without asking for more, Minho just turned around and left. When Donghae thought that Heechul would be mad, he saw him smiling.

“You would be a great leader.”

Donghae made a disgusted face, just the thought of it made him wince.

“I’m not one of your guys Heehcul, I’m just here to do my part of the bargain and…”

“I know, I know, save Eunhyuk.” Heechul said tragically.

“So let’s keep it to business.”

“That’s such a pity… you seem to have so much potential…”

Donghae frowned.

“I really don’t understand why you keep doing it and being like this…”

“Why would I leave all that? I have a lot of people around me that like and respect me.”

“Respect or fear you?”

 Heechul smiled and put an arm around the brunet’s shoulder.

“You’ll understand what I mean after you spend some time with us. Now let’s see the new recruits you found me.”

Then they went away.

After a few hours of testing the poor new kids, Donghae was going to return to the dorms when a car stopped in front of him, a car he knew oh too well.

“Get in, I’ll take you back.”

Without arguing he did. But honestly he didn’t wanted to be alone with him… They both stayed quiet for a moment when Hangeng finally sighed.

“Are you really going to keep doing this?”

“I thought we already had this conversation…”

“And we are going to have it over and over again until you give up.”

“It’s not a big deal, hyung. I just have to find brainless kids for Heechul and do some paper work, and in return he stops Eunhyuk.”

“You’re trading your soul for Heechul’s good advices?”

Donghae sighed, said it like that it sounded really stupid, but it wasn’t. Heechul was pushing Eunhyuk at the edge of the line, until this one would crack and give up on being a thug. And it was somehow working since Eunhyuk would show up at school less beaten up and the bullying was less intense.

“Right now, I believe Heechul is the only one who can do something…”

“But at what price…”

Donghae was getting slightly annoyed.

“Remind me again: why do you care?”

“I told you, I like you kiddo. I really don’t wish seeing you turn like us.”

“Right… I won’t… It’s just a paper job.”

“Until it’s not anymore…”

They arrived at school and Donghae could see the sun rising on the horizon. Again he had spent all his night over Heechul’s, and he would have only a few hours to sleep before class.

“Thanks for the ride.” he said getting out of the car.

Before going, Hangeng said.

“Hae… Remember; don’t let Heechul get into your head.”

 Then the car disappeared at the end of the road. Donghae was too tired to think about any of his hyung advices. He sneaked up to his boyfriend’s room and got in by the window. Then without a noise he went to the bed and lied next to the tall boy, hugging him. Siwon’s back was so warm, the brunet buried his face on it and inhale his sent trying to get some sleep now. But he felt the boy move slightly and knew he woke up. Donghae smiled and got up to his ear to whisper.

“Good morning sunshine.” and he kissed his cheek.

Siwon turned around to face Donghae and he wasn’t smiling.

“So you’re back…”

He noticed… Well Donghae knew Siwon was not an idiot and could see that something was going on, especially with his boyfriend disappearing almost every night but he wouldn’t ask about it, and Hae wouldn’t tell him about it either. But there was a beginning to everything…

Seeing his still half asleep face, Donghae found Siwon adorable and couldn’t help but peck his lips. Even if he just woke up, the taller boy still tasted sweet. But soon Siwon broke the kiss.

“Wanna tell me where you were?”

“Not really…” sighed Donghae. “I just want to sleep in my boyfriend’s arms.”

“You know that sooner or later we’ll have to talk about it. You’re going to end up getting in trouble.”

Again Donghae was a bit annoyed by everyone’s concern. Why couldn’t they just trust him? He maybe wasn’t a genius like Kyuhyun, but he knew what he was doing. The brunet turned his back to Siwon.

“I’m going to sleep; we have to get up soon.”

“You’re not alone anymore, Hae. You can count on me. I told you I’ll protect you.”

“I don’t need protection.” Donghae snapped.

Siwon didn’t say anything. The brunet couldn’t see his sad face but he felt that the boy was hurt. Donghae felt guilty, because he knew better than anyone how it felt to be pushed away. He took Siwon’s hand and pulled him, so the boy would embrace the brunet.

“Let’s sleep.”

Siwon smiled softly and decided to enjoy having the boy that he liked in his arms. Anyway Donghae wouldn’t open up… for now…

***

One good thing about not sleeping much was that he didn’t have time to dream, or having nightmares. He turned in the bed to find this one empty, Siwon was already gone. He looked at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter