Happy Birthday Hae

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t take that anymore! I’m going to rip off that sickening smile of hers!”

“So violent!” exclaimed Ryeowook.

“It’s only fair!”

“You don’t even know the girl…” Yesung tried to reason Sungmin.

“She probably deserves it!”

The seven friends were in the canteen eating lunch, and in another table not far away from them, was Eunhyuk with his new friends, or better followers, and his new girlfriend. Yes, Eunhyuk came back to school and yes things have changed… but in worse. Heechul had kept his word in sending back Eunhyuk to his life but the boy didn’t accept the rejection really well and decided to be his own boss. The minute he got back, and without Junsu or Sungmin to be his sanity, he became out of control. A few weeks already that, things were like this and it didn’t seem that it would change.

A lot of people were happy to see the boy back and finally in his right mind about not being friends with someone as Donghae. And so gathered a lot of followers and created his own gang, who took great pleasure in bullying others. And he had a girlfriend now… the same girl that he kissed at the party where they had their first break-up. Donghae had no idea she was from their school and now they liked showing their affection everywhere. And by “affection” Donghae meant, putting on a show for everyone around them. It hurt Donghae of course, but he wasn’t going to let Eunhyuk know that it touched him. Sungmin was the one who seemed the most annoyed by it like a jealous ex-girlfriend.

Now it was a cold war at school. On one side there was Donghae, Yesung, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Siwon and recently Junsu joined too, and on the other one Eunhyuk, his fake girlfriend and half of the school. Since Sungmin admitted being gay, and him and Junsu were rejected by Eunhyuk, they had lost their popularity and were now condemned to hang out in the outsiders group. But their little group was happy within themselves, because they were friends and that what was important. But even so… Donghae couldn’t help but be a bit distant with them, because he felt like all of this happened because of him, that Eunhyuk turning out like this was his fault. And he wasn’t honest with them since no one knew what really happened…

“Try ignoring them!” said Junsu.

“How can I, when they are parading in front of us?!”

“That’s exactly the reaction they want from you…” Kyuhyun sighed.

“And you’re not the only one who’s concern by it…”

Sungmin suddenly stopped complaining and everyone turned to Donghae. Siwon grabbed his hand under the table and pressed it slightly, to show him support.

“I’m fine.” assured Donghae.

“Hell you are!” exclaimed Sungmin.

“Leave him alone, will you?!” tried to defend Siwon.

“It’s half your fault, so you don’t get to say anything!”

“Hey don’t blame Siwon-hyung!” said Kyuhyun.

“It’s no one’s fault! Things just don’t work the way we want them to… So let’s just accept it is as it is.”

“How can you be so calm hyung?” asked Ryeowook.

Donghae didn’t want to talk about how he was feeling. He had so many mixed feelings that it was easier to ignore them than trying to understand them.

“Do you guys want me to make a scene? To cry and yell my frustration and depress in my room?”

All the boys shook their heads.

“Then be happy with me this way.”

Without noticing he was pressing Siwon’s hand really hard, it must’ve been hurting him, but the boy didn’t say a word. The brunet quickly let go, and the older one looked at him sadly so he avoided his gaze.

“Ok, let’s talk about something else.” said Yesung after a while. “How are your classes?”

“Hyung how are you managing it?” Ryeowook asked worried.

That was something else that Donghae didn’t want to talk about. As if he had read his mind Siwon answered for him.

“He is coming back slowly, but he is getting better, his crises are gone now it’s just a matter of getting used to it again.”

Donghae smiled at the taller boy, grateful for his intervention. The others nodded and didn’t ask anything else.  Loud laughs came from Eunhyuk’s table and Sungmin started complaining again. Not long after they finished eating, Donghae went to his room to take some books before the next class, Siwon accompanied him. As soon as they were in the room, Siwon touched his arm worried.

“Are you ok?”

“Surprisingly, yes.”

Siwon stared at him, not convinced.

“Really! I don’t know… I feel like it’s just a phase and that I have to handle in until he comes back to me.”
“Hae…”

“You don’t think he will, right?” Donghae shrugged. “I just feel that I don’t have the right to be mad at him or to ask anything.”

“Of course you have the right to! I don’t know what you did to him, but he is toying with you and I’m sure you don’t deserve it!”

“Maybe I do…”

“Don’t talk like that! Guilt will not resolve anything.”

His friend was so right… But guilt wasn’t something you could get rid of by yourself. Donghae put a hand on Siwon’s arm.

“Thanks for your concern. But I’m really alright.”

Siwon took Donghae’s hand and put it on his face to feel the warmth of it.
“I won’t let you get hurt again.”

Although Siwon’s action was a bit uncomfortable and embarrassing, Donghae smiled.

“Unfortunately if I get hurt or not is out of your control…”

He was going to reply something when the door opened and Eunhyuk came in.

Yes because even with all that, they were still roommates, even if Eunhyuk spent most of his time outside. Donghae pulled his hand quickly, seeing the two boys Eunhyuk throws them a disgusted glance.

“Hey there fags! Cuddling I see…”

He took a bag from under his bed; it didn’t look like he was going to class… Siwon frowned.

“Let’s get out of here Hae.”

“Oh please, don’t leave on my account! Continue your disgusting activities.”

“Stop being so childish, Hyukjae.” said Donghae calmly.

Eunhyuk was about to say something back, when the door opened again and the last person Donghae wanted to see, stepped in.

“Baby, what are you doing? We are going to be late, the others are waiting.”

When she saw the others in the room she looked surprised at first but then she turned to Donghae with a smile.

“Oh you’re my Hyukkie’s roommate, right? Nice to meet you!”

 Donghae tried not to wince at “my hyukkie”. It just made him sick of how ridiculous it was…  It seemed that the girl didn’t remember him from the party. She wasn’t being sarcastic nor mean, she seemed to be… a little simple. But she wasn’t even blond…! She turned to Eunhyuk, putting a hand on her hips.

“Why did you never introduced me to your friends?”

She seemed to naively think that he and Eunhyuk were friends. Wasn’t she able to read the mood? But even if she was nice and the poor girl didn’t do anything wrong, Donghae wasn’t in a good mood.

“We are not friends…”
She looked surprised.

“Oh really? Then what are you?”

“Yeah, what are we Hae?”

Eunhyuk looked at him with a smirk. He was provoking him! How things became this way?

“We are strangers.” said Donghae.

The smile on Eunhyuk’s face grew even wider. That was exactly the answer he was waiting for. He wanted to have proof that Donghae gave up on him. Well he was now served… The girl didn’t quite understand why the brunet said that and looked confused at both boys.

“Donghae here, is feeling wronged so now he hates me.” said Eunhyuk with a smile.

Oh how Donghae wished it was true… But it obviously wasn’t.
“Anyway you should’ve introduced us!”
“Should I have?” asked Eunhyuk raising an eyebrow.

“Well of course, I’m your girlfriend after all.”

Eunhyuk frowned not liking the way of the girl.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, will you? You’re just a good “coup” nothing else…”

“Hyukkie so mean!” she said taking a small voice and slapping him lightly.

Donghae stared shocked at them. Not only he had to put up with the fact that someone else had him, he didn’t need to know that they were sleeping together too… Someone else kissing his Hyuk, someone else touching him, someone else exploring him… Donghae’s heart started to hurt, and he felt suddenly nauseous. He couldn’t stay in that room anymore. He grabbed Siwon’s hand.

“Sorry but we have class.”

And he went out with Siwon. He walked without stopping until the classroom, but before going in Siwon stopped him.

“Hae!”

The brunet seemed to snap out of it, he was out of breath.

“You’re trembling…” said Siwon worried.

The boy noticed then, that indeed he was shaking and again he was pressing the other boy’s hand hard.

“I’m sorry…” said Donghae trying to catch his breath.

“No need to apologize… I wished I could do something for you.”

“You are…” said the brunet showing their entangled hands.

For a while now Siwon was the only one who could make him calm down and his presence made him stronger. Donghae had always in his head that the boy was in love with him so he should be cautious in not making him presume things nor toying with him, but it seems impossible for them to be apart. Siwon was so generous that he would always be by his side without asking anything in return, but his friendship.

“Are you going to be alright?”

Only time would answer that question but Donghae knew he was talking about right now.

“We can skip class and go somewhere else.”

“Even if it’s really tempting, we shouldn’t miss class. We only have a month left, after that we’ll be free.”

Siwon took his both hands in his.

"I'm here for you."

"I know..."

***

“So guys, what should we do?”

“We still have a week, can’t we just think about that later?”

“You lazy Kyu! It’s your best friend’s birthday and you don’t even care?!”

“Kids! Stop fighting!” Yesung try to calm the couple.
It was Saturday, Yesung, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Sungmin were downtown in a café, trying to plan Donghae’s birthday. It was Siwon’s idea to do something, but because he was always accompanied by the birthday boy, they had to do a secret meeting.

“Are you guys sure it’s a good idea? Hyung isn’t really in a party mood… None of us are.” said Kyuhyun demotivated.

“That’s exactly why we should do it! It’s our duty to light the mood.” said Ryeowook excited.

“So it brings us back to the original question: what should we do?”

“I can help you guys with that.” said a female voice behind them.

The boys turned around to see a blond haired girl with the warmest smile they’ve ever seen. Sungmin got up with a huge smile and went to welcome the girl.

“Rinha-yah you were able to come?!” he turns to the others. “I called her. Guys, let me introduce to you, this is Kim Rinha she is…”

“I’m Donghae’s friend. Nice to meet you guys.”

The guys go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter