Breathless

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The singing competition seemed different from the dance one; it seemed less technical, but on the other side Donghae couldn’t be sure since he knew nothing about singing. The boys were in the front row, close to the stage.

"So how do you feel? » Donghae asked to Kyuhyun.

"I’m not worried, we are much better than anyone here. »

«Humble as always ...»

But Donghae was happy to hear Kyuhyun back to his normal state.

"And how do you feel? » Kyuhyun asked to Sungmin.

He writes something quickly on his notebook and showed it, which made the boys laugh.

"Yes it is true that you seem to have been run over by a truck! But hey, bright side of things, I don’t have to hear you complain all the time!" said the youngest.

Sungmin didn’t need to write anything and pointed a finger, with clear meaning, and smiled sarcastically. Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung went away with a big smile. So they had finally found a wheelchair for Sungmin and he sat between Eunhyuk and Donghae as a great wall which separates two bombs ready to explode. During one performance from another school, Sungmin leaned to whisper in Donghae’s ear.

"What happened? I can feel Hyukkie’s bad vibration to my fingertips! "

Donghae dared a glance at the boy next to the blonde. He had crossed his arms and frowned as if he led an internal debate.

"He was very worried about you ... and he feels guilty for what happened to you. » he whispered back.

But Sungmin shook his head.

"I can recognize when he is angry against you, he behaves in a certain way, so don’t tell me that it is out of concern to me! »

This surprised Donghae. He had a way to behave different when he was angry against Donghae? Yes, of course, hatred had the gift of making a person different... He wanted to ask the opinion of Sungmin on some things, since he was the one who knew best Eunhyuk. But it was not the right place to do it.

"Rest you voice and don’t go too hard on yourself. When you get better I’ll tell you everything, I promise."

The blond satisfied with that and turned his attention on stage, where Kyuhyun and the others would soon perform. He couldn’t talk any further anyway because his broken ribs ached. When his roommate put one foot on stage, Sungmin looked at him with admiring eyes and you could see he was proud of his dongsaeng, Donghae also felt the same thing, but he never would have thought that Sungmin would attach himself to someone like Kyuhyun.

Their performance was very different from a choir the boys sang on each turn, and then joined to the chorus. But like that you could clearly hear the voice capabilities of all members. It was the first time that Donghae heard Ryeowook and Yesung singing, he never would have thought that in the body of the little Wookie was hiding such vocal strength.

They were all excellent and Donghae felt slightly jealous of not being able to sing as well, but that feeling was quickly replaced by pride. After all it was HIS friends on stage, and they were rocking it! Donghae suddenly saw a movement from the door of the room. He turned to see a shadow standing there, and with a little effort he finally recognize in the darkness, Hangeng. It made ​​him a sign to follow him and left the room. Donghae hesitated a moment. Was he talking to him? In the dark of the room it was hard to be sure. Then why would Hangeng want to see him? He didn’t even know Donghae existed. The brunet turned to the boys beside him. Eunhyuk didn’t seem to have noticed anything and Sungmin was too focused on what was happening on stage. Don’t they say that curiosity killed the cat? Well, even knowing this, Donghae curiosity prevailed and he slipped out of the room. Once outside he saw no one. Maybe he wanted to give a message to Eunhyuk... He went outside the building to see if Hangeng was there. We were in the middle of the afternoon but the school was deserted because everyone was busy. No sign of the Chinese outside either. This is when suddenly arms caught him from behind. His first instinct was to struggle but he received a blow on the head causing him to calm down immediately. He was dragged behind the building, away from the sight of people. The blow was not strong enough to make Donghae unconscious but he was dizzy now. What a fool he was, he should have seen this coming from miles away. The big arms pressed him against a wall and the brunet made ​​an effort to stand on his legs. Then the culprit appeared before him with his undying smirk.

«I told you, you should watch your back. » Heechul said.

When Donghae was able to focus on something solid he analyzed the situation in which he was. The boy was surrounded by Minho (which was two heads taller than him), three other guys behind Heechul he had never seen, but which seemed to come from a boxe fight magazine and finally Hangeng a little further, who didn’t seem interested at all in what was happening.

«So guys,” Heechul asked. “...what should we do with Hyukjae’s wife here? "

Donghae swallowed hard. He was ed up, he had no chance of escape against all those guys, and even against one person he wasn’t sure how to fight, as he had never hit anyone in his whole life. While he realized his situation, fear rose in him. He was really in a bad situation!

"We should teach him some respect! » Minho said.

"Yes, he would need to understand how to speak to his sunbae correctly. »

But suddenly Donghae wasn’t listening to the two boys’ threat anymore, in fact, he couldn’t care less. He knew he would end up like Sungmin, on a hospital bed, so why torture himself to know how they were going to put him there. His fear turned into anger and anger was directed at one person.

«What a good sunbae you are, aren’t you? »

Everyone looked surprised, and then they followed the gaze of the boy to Hangeng, who had slightly turned his head to stare at Donghae.

"Pretending to be friendly then hit his friends, what an example of loyalty! »

Even if the others seemed unaware of what he was talking about, Hangeng understood very well what Donghae was referring to. He approached him menacingly.

«You’d better shut up, if you want don’t want me to destroy your pretty face. » He said in a calm voice.

"Sure, because violence is a way for everything! You may be strong enough to beat someone but deep down you are all cowards! "

Minho stepped forward ready to hit Donghae but Heechul stopped him. He seemed amused by the reaction of the younger.

«Leave him. He seems to have a lot to say and not afraid to say what he thinks so let’s hear it...»

Donghae stood trembling before the whole gang looking at him with hostility. At this moment all his frustration, all the pressure of his last days flowed out of him. He knew he should shut up and accept what was coming to him. But now it was too late to turn back, he took a deep breath.

"I 'm not afraid to tell the truth, indeed! » he said to Heechul.

«What truth? » he asked with a grin.

Donghae knew he did that on purpose, so that the brunet would give him a good reason to go after him, but Donghae didn’t seem able to shut up now.

"You’re not a leader you are a coward! Order one of your minions to beat to death your favorite dongsaeng who considered you as a big brother. If it’s not cowardice… I’m not surprise that Eunhyuk and Leeteuk-hyung don’t want to have anything to do with you!"

Heechul lost his smile immediately. The mention of Eunhyuk’s brother was the final straw. Eunhyuk was right, Donghae talked too much, he had to do something about it or it could get him killed. Before Heechul could make a move, Donghae was already bent double, hands on his stomach trying to catch the air that had been cut from his lungs. Hangeng’s fist was gone so quickly that Donghae hadn’t seen it coming.

"You don’t know when to stop, do you kid? » he said, hitting him again.

This time Donghae’s body hit the wall hard and his legs couldn’t support him anymore, he slid down the wall to the ground, coughing his lungs.The Chinese boy had hit him really hard and the pain was so acute that he saw trouble, but despite that he could see a third blow fly in his direction.

«Stop it. » It was Heechul. "I have a better idea. »

He knelt in front of Donghae and took his face between two fingers, his eternal smirk was back.

«Like you said, it would be a shame to damage such pretty face. »

They hit him again and this time Donghae lost consciousness.

***

All performances of the singing club finished and this year their school was twofold champion, the dance club and the singing one had both won first places.

"Well, our bus won’t leave until later. How about we commemorate our victory in the meantime?” Shindong proposed.

This was followed by exclamations of consent. Kyuhyun asked suddenly.

"Where is Donghae-hyung? »

Everyone stopped; they had noticed that indeed the boy was not there.

"He was already gone when the show was over. »

«I saw him get up earlier. I thought he had gone to the toilet or something like that ... but he’s gone a long time.” Yunho said.

Eunhyuk, Sungmin and Kyuhyun stared at each other a moment a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter