Dance Club

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He found himself again in these dark waters. Always the same oppressive feeling, the voice still whispering him to swim. Donghae was drowning slowly and saw the decomposed body of his sister, when suddenly something changed. He heard his name, but it wasn’t his sister’s voice, it was...


"Donghae, wake up!"


The brown haired boy got up with a start to find Eunhyuk shaking him. He looked surprised while the other breathed a sigh of relief.


"What happened?" Donghae asked confused.


"You started to moan as if you were suffering then you screamed. "


Donghae rubbed his forehead.


"I'm sorry..."


Eunhyuk made a disdainful gesture of the hand and went back to bed.


"I would have done better to sleep in the library if it was to share my room with a crazy idiot."


The taller boy got up and went into the bathroom to run water on his face. He was ashamed that Eunhyuk've seen him in this state, so fragile and without control of himself. But on the other hand he was happy to have someone in his room; he felt less alone and to snatches of his nightmare was easier to make them disappear. He returned in his bed and dared to take a glance at the bed of the other boy. Eunhyuk was curled under his duvet, so he couldn’t see his face. He didn’t know if he was asleep or not, but he whispered.


"Sorry I surprised you. Thank you for waking me up. "


"I just did it so you wouldn’t wake up the whole hallway. Now shut up and sleep." Eunhyuk said in a harsh voice.


Donghae sighed and turned, he knew he wouldn’t be able to sleep again. A few minutes of silence passed when he heard Eunhyuk whisper.


"You had a nightmare about the accident?"


He spoke so low that Donghae wondered if he had heard correctly. He answered anyway.


"I don’t know... I don’t remember the accident. "


Eunhyuk turned to him and the two boys faced each other in each bed. Thanks to the light outside it came about to distinguish the face of the other boy.


"How can you not remember it? "


"The doctors say that it is post-traumatic, I would have erased the memory of what happened to protect myself. Before the accident everything is blurry, and I only remember waking up in the hospital. Everything else is blank."


Eunhyuk said nothing and Donghae thought he was asleep when he breathed.


"So you don’t know what happened that day? "


"No... I was just told that it was a car accident. "


"How long you’ve been having these nightmares?"


"A few months after the accident. But lately they are more violent, I don’t know why."


Eunhyuk suddenly realized they were talking normally, for a moment he forgot who he was with. He turned his back to Donghae and handed the duvet over his head.


"I don’t care if you have nightmares or not, but if you scream like that again, I'll choke you in your sleep."


Donghae smiled at his behavior. Yes, he was happy not to be alone in the room, even if the person with whom he shared was not the nicest person in the world.


***


"What? Not again! "


Donghae turned to his dongsaeng, exasperated.


"It's been two hours that you're on it; don’t you want to drop it already?"


"Never! This guy will understand what it is to pick on me. "


He shook his head at his stubborn friend. They were in Donghae’s bedroom and while he was trying to work; Kyuhyun played Starcraft on his laptop. Of course geniuses didn’t need to study. They had the afternoon free so they hung out in their room. They didn’t really have a choice, because if Sungmin had discovered that the Hae set foot in his room, he would become totally hysterical.


"Besides, hyung, I heard that Eunhyuk-hyung had slept in the room? How's it go? You didn’t killed each other? "


"How do you know?"


"Sungmin told me."


"So now you’re talking to Sungmin? "


"We're roommate." said the younger with a shrug.


This morning when Donghae woke, he found Eunhyuk's bed empty. The other boy hurried from the room before he wakes up, not the cross him, which was pretty impressive given that Eunhyuk was known for having trouble waking up. What happened last night, kept trotting in Donghae’s head.


"It went just fine. "


But already Kyuhyun wasn’t listening; he was too focused on his game. Donghae sighed; it wasn’t like this that he would succeed to concentrate on studying.


"I'll go to the library. "


The other nodded without raising his eyes from the screen and the older took his bag and left. It didn’t see Eunhyuk today, even though he saw him vaguely in class. But it made him nervous. How should he behave after their discussion last night? It was the first time that Donghae had such a violent reaction and yelled in the middle of the night; usually he just choked and woke up in a sweat. While he was lost in these thoughts he didn’t pay attention to the boy who left the library and went into him, causing him to scatter all over the floor the books he had in hand. Donghae rushed to help the other to pick up.


"Mianada, gwenchana? "


"Yes, it was me who was distracted, sorry."


Donghae finished picking everything and gave it to the other boy. He looked to finally see the boy. He was very thin, thinner than Eunhyuk, something Donghae would have thought impossible. He was so small and seemed to be younger.


"You're a junior?" Donghae asked.


"Yes." He said, lowering his eyes.


As soon as they crossed their eyes, the youngest looked down, he seemed to be a very shy person, and he didn’t know for what reason but Donghae felt sympathy for the boy. Suddenly another boy with black hair came up behind the younger.


"Wookie are you alright? "


"Yesung-hyung, yes I'm fine."


Yesung stared at Donghae. He wasn’t looking badly at him; it was more like Donghae was a strange beast that had been discovered.


"You're the weird boy that the popular kids like to bullied?"


"Hyung!" Rebuked the other.


Donghae found Yesung’s description of him funny, he liked the fact that he was going straight to the point. Another one, who was a stranger to the concept of tact.


"You could say that yes..."


"They say you are cold and you have no heart. "


It seemed that the younger b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter