Just roommates

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Donghae was the first in class. He couldn’t sleep the night after what had happened. As expected, Eunhyuk didn’t come to class. During the meal Kyuhyn leaned toward him.


"In what state you recovered yours?"


"Excuse me?"


"Sungmin came back totally drunk last night and I guess that his drinking buddy was Eunhyuk-hyung."


"How come you never put " hyung " to Sungmin's name? So confusing... "


"So? You know what happened? This is the first time I see him so drunk."


Donghae was also quite curious about what happened, especially as Eunhyuk had returned full of wounds and bruises. He was curious and at the same time he was worried about his roommate.
Suddenly the boy saw Sungmin entering into the canteen with dark glasses on the eyes. It was ridiculous to wear sunglasses inside the building. Donghae wanted to ask Sungmin what had happened, but he knew that Sungmin would be the last person to tell him, and then he wouldn’t ask Kyuhyun to spy for him. He had to resign himself to know nothing. Ryeowook and Yesung came to the table with their set, which drew him suddenly from his thoughts.


"Hi hyung!"


"Hey you two."


"So excited for the holidays? "


"Not really ... I need a job." Donghae moaned.


"Why? It's the holidays!" Yesung exclaimed.


Kyuhyun put his arm around Donghae’s shoulder.


"He is a workaholic and doesn’t know what the words having fun means."


"It's just that, not everyone can afford to live on the money of their rich parents." Donghae said getting rid of Kyuhyun’s arm. "No offense to you two." he said to Ryeowook and Yesung.


"Non taken." Ryeowook said.


"Hmm ... I might have a job for you." Yesung said suddenly.


Donghae's eyes lit up and he leaned toward his friend, interested.


"My mother has a small inn in the south and she’s searching for extra hands this summer. You would clean the rooms, be at the reception and help with the restaurant."


"Oh yes! In addition it is at the beach!" Ryeowook said enthusiastic.


The heart of Donghae deflated like a balloon, it was as if a weight had been removed from his chest. What his friend was offering him was more than he would have asked. Summer was here and work in the beach was really perfect.


"You sure I’m not going to disturb your mother?"


"She'll be relieved to have found someone, plus I know you're a hard worker, so I have no worries."


"Ok then I’m in!" Donghae smiled.


"And what if we all go?" Ryeowook proposed. "I also want to help your mother."


"Wookie, you've never worked in your life, I don’t think you're be a great help." Yesung commented.


"Yah!"


"Don’t count on me." Kyuhyun said. "I planned to spend all my vacation ..."


"Playing video games." Replied the other three boys in harmony.


"But you do that the whole year." Donghae protested.


Kyuhyun turned to him and crossed his arms over his chest.


"Hyung ... are you sure it’s ok for you to go? Isn’t it soon your sister’s death anniversary?"


Everyone froze at the table.


"Kyuhyun!" Ryeowook warned him.


"What? I’m just asking."


Everyone thought that talking about his sister was taboo in front of Donghae. But it wasn’t, it didn’t bother him. The only one who dared to talk about it openly was Kyuhyun, because he had no tact, but Donghae was somehow thankful for that.


"It’s the second week of the holidays. But I don’t intend to go to her grave so..."


He felt that the others wanted to ask him why he didn’t intend to go, but they stayed silent. And Kyuhyun, who knew the reason, made no comment. To lighten the mood, Yesung returned to the subject of the holidays. They finally decided to all go, not without Kyuhyun grumbling about it.

***


After class Donghae decided to go work in the library, he was so immersed in his revisions he had lost track of time. When he returned to his room, it was already late. It was only when he was before the door that he began to feel anxious to see Eunhyuk, he hadn’t seen him since. Entering the room he saw a mass curled up under the duvet. Donghae couldn’t help but smile and find it adorable. The light was on, he didn’t know whether it was that Eunhyuk wasn’t asleep or if he had left for him. In any case he moved into the room trying to make as little noise as possible.


"You're home late..."


Donghae jumped at Eunhyuk talking to him, then he began to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter