Third Wheel

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since that day things were back to normal between them. They didn't talked again about what happened and Donghae didn’t insist, he wanted to let Eunhyuk space, especially now that he was making efforts. The dancer indulged in touch Donghae more often and tried to be a little more open with him. Sometimes he took his hand and just touched him. Suddenly their time together become lighter and friendly.

Between Siwon and Donghae things were as usual even if the boy was a little ashamed to have admitted to being in love with another boy; Siwon hadn’t changed his attitude towards him. But Eunhyuk was against being friends or give a chance to Siwon; Donghae had to suddenly divide his time between his friends and the dancer.

It was a great day and it was hot, Donghae Siwon and Kyuhyun were hanging out by the pool. Kyuhyun and Siwon had got closer, and although sometimes the youngest had trouble with the tactile nature of the older, they got along very well. Because of the weather Donghae was particularly in a good mood.

«Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Soon the holidays!” Donghae said, stretching like a cat.

"Didn’t you have vacations not that long ago? I think you have a lot of holidays.” Siwon commented.

"It’s because we live in a boarding school. » Kyuhyun explained. «Every three months we have one or two weeks of vacation to go home to see our parents. »

Siwon nodded and turned to Hae.

«Are you going to see your parents? »

Donghae remained silent. Since the episode of the hospital he went to dinner with his parents and everything was more or less fine. His mother had a delusional episode but she got to her senses quickly. And even though his father was trying with all his might to give him a second chance, the brunet knew he had to take things slowly and spend the whole holiday with them was perhaps not a good idea. And he had other plans... But Siwon didn’t know his relationship with his parents and he couldn’t say he was going to spend a week with his roommate. It was Kyuhyun who saved him.

«Donghae-hyung will probably spend the whole vacation working as he usually does. You should know he is no fun."

«Wow, a part-time job? I’ve never had one... Did you find what you gonna do? "

"Not yet. »

It is true that Kyuhyun wasn’t wrong, even if his parents helped him a little more for school fees, it was still not enough, Donghae had to find a part-time job but again his mind was elsewhere these past weeks...

"I don’t do that because I like, but because I need to. Now stop talking about work, I'm talking about holidays! What are you guys going to do? "

"Me and Sungmin we wanted to go abroad. »

«Rich kids..." Donghae commented.

«You spend all your time already with him and you will spend your vacation too! Don’t you get tired of each other? "

Kyuhyun said nothing and shrugged.

"And you hyung? »

"I have to go home ..." Siwon said with a bitter voice.

"You don’t look happier than that. »

"I don’t want to meet my father. »

«Daddy issues? »

«Kyuhyun! » rebuked Donghae.

"What? We all have our daddy issues! "

«Let’s just say that our relationship has been strained in recent years. He wants things to me that I am not willing to do. "

Donghae, his father wanted him to disappear - he thought. Kyuhyun nodded as if he understood exactly what Siwon meant. Donghae guessed that it was probably something common among healthy family’s to have disputes about the future of the heirs, a problem he never had. Suddenly Donghae cellphone rang and he jumped to his feet.

«Practice time with Eunhyuk? » Siwon asked.

"Yep. »

"I think you spend a lot more time together. Did something happen between you two, hyung?"

«Stop making weird assumptions. We just had a conversation and now things are better between us. "

«Amen to that! » Kyuhyun said.

«I’ll see you guys for dinner! »

Donghae then vanished. Almost every afternoon Donghae and Eunhyuk tried taking an hour to practice together. It was their private time, which was very valuable to Donghae. Now things were almost normal; almost as if they were real friends.

***

The holidays came and Donghae had found a job in a bakery not far from where Eunhyuk lived. Without saying to his friends he was spending his week there, Donghae prepared, excited, to spend a whole week with the family of Eunhyuk and the dancer. The brunet knew that Eunhyuk was completely different when he was home and he was curious to have a glimpse of the boy’s life. Because the father of the dancer was gone traveling for work, they were the three boys and the mother of Eunhyuk to spend their first night together. As the home was big, Donghae slept in the guest room. On his second day there, they were having dinner when suddenly someone knocked at their door.

"I'm going! » Leeteuk announced.

Then we just heard someone shout «Oppa! » then a loud noise. Eunhyuk rushed into the hall and Donghae followed. That's where they saw hanging around Leeteuk’s neck, a girl. When Eunhyuk recognized the girl, his face lit up in a smile.

«Rinha! »

The so-called Rinha broke away from the oldest to turn to Eunhyuk.

«Hey handsome! »

Then she ran into his arms and hugged him with affection. Donghae watched the scene without knowing what was happening. The girl broke away from the dancer and looked up and down.

«YAH! Lee Hyukjae you have become even more handsome than the last time I saw you, when are you gonna stop? "

"My god, but what are you doing here? I thought you were still in Sweden. "

"Well, surprise. »

«Omma! » Leeteuk called out. "Another of your children came back. »

Eunhyuk’s mother arrived at the entrance and exclaimed while hugging her too. Donghae wondered if she was the sister of Eunhyuk, but he didn’t remember he had a sister. Seeing that the boy was lost, Leeteuk approached him and whispered in his ear.

"This is Rinha, Hyukkie’s childhood friend; they know each other since they were born. »

The brunet nodded a little stunned by the suddenness of the whole situation. The girl suddenly turned to him and served a wide smile. She was really pretty and her smile was very warm.

"I'm sorry I didn’t even introduce myself properly. My name is Kim Rinha I 'm a friend of Hyukjae." She said, holding out her hand.

«Lee Donghae, I'm his roommate. » He said, shaking her hand.

«But what are you doing here? » Leeteuk asked.

"Your parents know you're back? »

"Well ... I was supposed to come back in a few days but my flight was moved and my parents are not back from their trip yet... I was wondering if it was possible for me to stay here a few days."

«But of course my dear, you know this is your home too.» Said the mother pushing her in the house.

They settled in the living room and Donghae wanted to go upstairs to let them between them, he didn’t belong here. But Leeteuk took him by the arm.

"We’ll get you something to drink. »

Then he dragged Donghae after him in the kitchen. Once they were out of sight Leeteuk prepared tea.

"That's a surprise. I hadn’t seen Rinha in years. "

«Maybe I should go; I don’t want to bother you when you have your friend over. »

"I knew you'd say that ..." He turned to him. "You don’t bother us, I want you to stay. But if it makes you uncomfortable you can always go back to the dorms. "

Donghae said nothing and Leeteuk took it as a sign that he would stay. He smiled.

"I am sure you will get along with her very well. »

"You said she was a childhood friend of Eunhyuk, but I’ve never seen her before. »

«She went to live abroad; she only comes back a few times a year. »

"And their friendship lasted? » Donghae said impressed.

"As I’ve told you, I saw this kid grow. »

"How old is she? »

«She is the same age as you. »

"Wow... she seems more mature. » Said Donghae surprised.

«No, she’s young like you. They have always been very close with Eunhyuk it does not surprise me that they are still friends and they will stay for a long time. Or even more, I always thought that these two would end up married. "

Donghae’s heart sank. That's what he was afraid when he saw the face of the dancer illuminate. Leeteuk badly interpreted the sudden sad face of the brunet.

"Sorry I shouldn’t talk like that when your sister ..."

"It doesn’t matter hyung. I think it would be good for Eunhyuk to move on. "

Leeteuk’s gaze hardens.

"Yes it is time. Minha’s ghost has already torture him enough...»

Donghae nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter