Not an accident

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun and Donghae were at table taking their breakfast. There were not many people in the cafeteria since it was still early. The two boys had left their roommate sleeping. One day had already passed since what had happened in the cafeteria and since, the atmosphere was heavy and uncomfortable. Eunhyuk as Sungmin didn’t mention what had happened during dinner and Donghae had not dared to ask the question. In fact they didn't spoke this evening; only when Donghae had taken out of his bag the dream catcher to put on the head of his bed, that Eunhyuk made ​​a comment.

«You brought that thing? » Eunhyuk was surprised.

"It's supposed to protect me from nightmares right? So I take it wherever I go.” Donghae said.

"This is stupid ...» he grumbled.

«I like it. »

Eunhyuk then left the room to take a shower. This was their only real exchange. Then they spent their time practicing for their first battle that they won hands down. They where all handsome and full of will to win so they did. Donghae could now understand why his group was so popular back at their school, those guys didn't joke about appeal! Except that Donghae was now very tired because he didn’t really sleep ... he was so afraid of falling asleep, having a nightmare and wake the others with his screams that he lay awake most of the night. That was why he was one of the first up.

But he wasn’t the only one; it seemed, to have spent a night up.

«Tough night? » He asked.

Kyuhyun let out a long yawn and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"You could say that ..."

«Sungmin ground his teeth again? »

"No... Let's just say I couldn’t sleep. This whole having one bed thing is driving me crazy. »

Yes because their bed was a king size one and not 2 small one as they where used to in their dorm. And the brunet was surprise that Eunhyuk didn't say anything about sleeping in the same bed as him. Donghae didn’t ask for more and they continued to eat their meal in slow motion.

"How many battle you have today? » Kyuhyun asked.

"Two. If we win today we will be classified for the final tomorrow. "

«Fighting hyung. »

Donghae laughed half amused by the lack of motivation in the tone of his dongsaeng.

"And you?" He asked.

«We’re all going on today and the jury will choose three groups to reach the final and tomorrow we must perform another song then it will be finished. "

"I don’t even know who is in the singing club..." Donghae commented.

«Yesung-hyung, Ryeowook, Onew and Joonghyun who are in their second year, they are close friends with Taemin of your club, and a guy named Leo, he has been transferred. »

"I’ve never heard you sing. » the dancer suddenly noticed.

"You never asked me hyung. »

It was true that even if he knew, Donghae found hard to imagine Kyuhyun singing in the club, stand in front of several people and singing was something that was not at all like the maknae. He put a hand on the shoulder of his dongsaeng.

«I’ll come see you sing so you better be good. »

The boy smiled.

«I will try hyung. »

Fortunately for their last performance the singing club went later than the dance club, so Donghae would have the opportunity to go support his dongsaeng. But something else was on his mind. If they ever won today and Heechul’s group won too, they would be left to confront them on the final and Donghae saw them, they were really good...

When they returned to the cottage, the other two boys were awake and talking in the living room. Kyuhyun and Donghae approaching, the two fell silent immediately.

"So you started talking to each other; you're friends again? » Kyuhyun asked.

"And you? » Eunhyuk replica.

The maknae shrugged.

"I deal with it. »

This response made Sungmin smiled from ear to ear. Donghae was really curious about what was happening between them. But they had more important business to settle.

«I’m going to train a bit we have the dance hall for us this afternoon. » Donghae said. «Hyuk you want to come? »

Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow at the nickname but made no comment. He began to be used by the familiarity of his roommate.

"Let's go together. » Sungmin suggested getting up.

This is how they found themselves the 4 of them, in the training room and were joined by Yesung and Ryeowook. Donghae began to feel the pressure of the competition up and he noticed that his two club partners too. So to lighten the mood they were playing, inventing funny and improbable figures were helping to stretch while annoying each other. In short, they behaved like children to make the pressure go down. Eunhyuk was smiling and incredible thing he was laughing. He was having fun with Donghae and Sungmin without worrying about anything.

A person who would see this scene would never believe that a few months ago they were all enemies and hated each other. The singing club boys accompanied them by humming and singing. This is where Donghae realized that Kyuhyun could actually sing and was impressed by his skills. He was not the only one to think this; Sungmin also drooled on the talent of his roommate. They spent the afternoon like this, since their first battle wouldn’t take place until early evening. But soon their good day was interrupted by the arrival of the opposing group, and of course it could only be the Heechul group.

"My, my, who do we have here? The two deserters. » He said, entering the room.

Sungmin and Eunhyuk got on their guard immediately, instinctively stepping in front of the other boys.

«So apparently with a little luck we’ll compete tomorrow for the final. »

"What are you talking about? » Eunhyuk snapped.

It was the boy next to Heechul, who answered, the same one that Eunhyuk had treated to be the leader’s dog.

"We just won our two battles; if you win we will be together in the final set. » He said in a soft voice.

He said it as a simple statement, he didn’t seem as hostile as the rest of the group, but Donghae couldn’t quite put the finger on him.

«Who is this guy? » Donghae whispered.

Ryeowook who was next to he leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"The one who just spoke is called Hangeng, he’s Heechul’s right arm. He is from China and it seems he is very good in dance. The tall brunet at his side is Choi Minho, he is the half-brother of Taemin, but they hate each other. The other four are Taecyeon, Taeyang, another Chinese named Henry and the last I forgot his name ...»

"How do you know all this? » Yesung asked, ahead of Donghae.

"I heard members of other groups talk about them during lunch. But it seems they are not a simple dance group. "

"What do you mean? »

"You see Heechul is the leader of a gang and they are all in it. And it would seem Hangeng is from the Chinese mafia. " said Ryeowook dramaticlly.

Donghae shook his head.

«You shouldn’t believe everything people say. »

"But it is true that he has a mafia people kind of face! » Ryeowook commented with a half amused smile.

“What does “a mafia people kind of face” even mean?!” said Yesung hitting Ryeowook’s back head slightly.

But this wasn’t the time to laugh. If what he said was true, things were much clearer now. Donghae could easily understand that relationship they had with Sungmin and Eunhyuk. Heechul and the others was their former gang.

«We were just coming to wish you luck," said Heechul with a sickly smile. “I really hope that you will be in the final, so I have the pleasure to crush you. "

«Don’t count on that, diva! Our group is better than your lobotomized minions.” Sungmin exclaimed angrily.

Heechul took an exaggerated surprised face and looked from side to side.

"Did you hear something? It seemed to me that an insect had spoken."

The other group snickered; Sungmin walked threatening to Heechul while insulting him but Eunhyuk intervened and Kyuhyun caught him by the arm.

«What are you trying to do exactly? » Eunhyuk asked.

The leader of the gang approached, he had lost his smile and his eyes were hard and cold.

«We have unfinished business. I came to collect what you owe me. "

"I owe you nothing! »

"We don’t leave the gang like that! You don’t disobey and betray your leader without repercussions! And now it’s time you paid in the price. Finally, we’ll see which of us is stronger. "

Heechul took another step forward, threatening, while Eunhyuk was preparing to fight. Donghae who had been watching in silence until now, interposed between them.

"The only place where you’ll settle anything will be on the dance floor! Or you gonna hit him here and now? If he is injured he cannot dance, it's really what you want? Because you think he will beat you, you use such low methods? Are you afraid?"

Everyone froze and was staring at the two boys. Donghae had said it all in one go. He hadn’t really thought about what he was doing, all he knew was that he wanted to protect Eunhyuk. Heechul looked at him evilly when suddenly he had a smirk and looked at Eunhyuk.

"So… you need to be saved by your wife? Perhaps then, I should teach your little boyfriend here, where is his place... after the battle, you should watch your back. "

Then he turned and walked away. The rest of his gang followed while launching insults to the boys. Hangeng before leaving he turned to smile at them.

"Good luck. And don’t chicken out, because we will find you...” Then he went out.

For a moment the 6 boys stood there without saying a word, and then Sungmin was the first to explode.

« Son of a ! As if we didn’t have enough problems like that! I'll kill him! I should have done that a long time ago! "

«Calm down!” said Kyuhyun. "It was foolish to provoke him like that, it only made the situation worse. »

"It is true that it wasn’t very smart. » Yesung added.

"So what, you really expect me to stay without doing anything and without saying anything? »

"They are not worth it hyung..." Ryeowook said gently.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter