The Break-Up

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rinha went to Eunhyuk.

« Hyuk can I talk to you for a moment? »

The boy nodded and followed her out from the noisy house, on the veranda.

“So what do you wanna talk about?”

“I have something to announce and I want you to be the first to know.”

“You’re too serious right now…”

She smiles.

“Because it’s serious! I wanted to ask you to be my my best man…”

“Your best what? Wait… WHAT?!”

“What? You prefer being my bridesmaid?”

He stared at her for a moment before understanding.

“You’re getting married?!” he exclaimed.

“Yes I am. I met someone and he asked me.”

“But you’re 20 years old!!!!”

“When you find the right person you don’t ask yourself too many questions…” she says with a shrug.

“Well you should maybe start to ask yourself questions…”

She hit him in the arm.

“Can’t you simply be happy for me?!”

He hugs her.

“I’m happy for you and I’ll be right next to you on that day.”

“Come with Donghae. I want him there too.”

Eunhyuk’s eyes darken immediately and he lost his smile. Seeing him like that she sighed.

“Aish you stubborn pabo!!! Are you going to decide what you’re going to do?”

He didn’t say anything.

“You shouldn’t take too long or you could regret it…”

He turned to watch inside de house and saw Donghae going out. He knew it…

***

A few minutes later Siwon was at the party’s doorstep. Donghae was waiting for him there and when he saw the boy he could almost not recognize him. The taller boy had a simple white shirt on that was torn apart and putted in a messy way as if he dressed in a hurry, his hair were messy too and he had bags under his eyes.

The boy came up to Donghae breathless.

“My god, Siwon what happen?” exclaimed Donghae.

The boy attended to smile, weakly.

“Hey Hae, I’m sorry I crashed your evening.”

“No problem. You wanna come in?”

“Actually can we stay out here for a bit?”

“Sure…”

They sat on the porch and Donghae waited patiently for the boy to recover his breath and tell him what was going on.

“I shouldn’t have called you… it’s just that at that moment I didn’t see myself being alone…”

“I’m here for you Won, you can tell me anything.” Donghae said putting a hand on his shoulder.

 “I know I can.”

“Did something happen with your father?”

“Is that obvious?”

“It’s not hard to guess… I’ve never seen you so upset.”

Siwon ran a hand on his hair. He really seemed distress.

“I don’t feel like I have a place in this world. I try to be a good son you know? But every time my father doesn’t seem to see me but this image of who he wants me to be. He never saw the real me and I don’t think he wants to… It’s just that feeling that no one really sees you from you and knows you in this world can make one really alone…”

Donghae stayed silent. Never he would’ve thought hearing Siwon, this healthy son who seemed perfect in every way, saying the same words as him. It was as if Siwon was opening Donghae’s heart and reciting everything that was written in it! The taller boy turned to Donghae with an apology look.

“I’m sorry… I just come here out of the blue and say all those things…”

“I know what you mean. I know it better than anyone. What you have to do its take courage and face your dad, it’s the only way. But don’t forget that I’m here, and I see you for who you really are…”

Siwon smiled.

“Yes, you are the only one. You were always the honest one with me.”

“I’m not… There’s a lot of things that you don’t know about me and I…”

“About your dead twin sister?” Siwon interrupted him.

The brunet looked at him surprise. How could he possibly know that? Siwon answered for him.

“I heard some rumors at the school and then I heard a conversation between you and Eunhyuk by accident. I didn’t want to bring it up I figured you would tell me sooner or later.”

Siwon was really the perfect guy and the perfect friend. He understood it was something that Donghae was ashamed of, he did want to be define by that anymore and the taller boy got it.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you…”

“I understand don’t worry. But I guess that you indeed can understand what it is like my life at home…”

Suddenly the door behind them just open violently and Eunhyuk appeared at the doorstep. The three boys looked at each other surprised, Eunhyuk not knowing that Donghae was with the other boy and Siwon not knowing the dancer was there. Eunhyuk’s eyes wavered from one boy to another until finally he slams the door shut, disappearing into the house again. What was with the attitude? – Donghae thought. The brunet sighed and got up.

“I better see what he wants…”

Siwon got up too.

“That’s something that is bothering me too…”

“What?”

Suddenly when he was going to open the door Siwon hugged Donghae from behind.

“Why…” he said in a low voice. “Why, when he treats you so badly, why on earth are you in love with him?!”

Donghae was too stunned to speak. Siwon seemed even more distress than before and even a bit angry.

“He doesn’t deserve you… he really don’t. You’re too good for him.”

“Siwon…”

Donghae didn’t have time to realize what was happening to him before he found himself pushed against the house’s wall, with Siwon’s both hands posted on each side of his head, possessively.

“What… what are you doing?” Donghae asked surprise.

“He doesn’t need you! That’s why he keeps pushing you away! But I need you! And I would never treat you like this!”

Siwon put his head on Donghae’s shoulder, at the crock of the brunet’s neck and whispered.

“I like you… I really do like you… But you’re always looking at Eunhyuk.”

“I’m sorry…” Donghae whispered. “I didn’t know you felt this way.”

Siwon raised his head and then suddenly hugged the brunet.

“Stay by my side please. I know you won’t love me the way you love him, but please see me too.”

Donghae didn’t know if he should hug him back or not. Again it was like he was watching through a mirror, but this time he wasn’t the one begging to be loved. He took Siwon’s shoulders and pushed him back enough to see his face.

“I’m sorry Siwon I really am… I will stay by you side as long as you need me because I really like you too. But I can’t share these feelings… I’m really sorry.”

“I’m not asking you to…” said Siwon without looking up.  “I just can’t stand to see you hurt again because of him.”

Donghae wasn’t use to this kind of open hearted concern. He liked Siwon, he really did and he thought for a minute what it would be like to be his.

“Won…”

“I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have behaved like that… I better go back to the dorms.”

Siwon turned around and was going away.

“Wait… don’t go because of that.”

“I think I need to be a bit alone right now… I’ll call you later.”

Then he went away and the brunet did nothing to stop him. He was feeling guilty; he should’ve been the one lifting his mood up not pouring salt on the wound. He was a lousy friend. He went back to the house looking for the dancer. He saw Rinha but she was alone.

“Hey noona, do you know where Eunhyuk is?”

“Hyukkie? He was here a second ago. He must be somewhere around.”

They looked around in the other rooms, when suddenly Donghae spotted him sitting on the couch… another girl’s mouth on his.

Donghae’s brain needed a minute to understand the scene in front of him. Eunhyuk had the girl on his lap and she had her hands all over him while he had his hands wrapped around her waist going dangerously lower. Then Eunhyuk saw Donghae. And knowing that he was being seen he kissed the girl again and again.

Unable to control himself, Donghae flew over there grabbed the girls wrist and violently pushed her away. Everyone fell silent and turned to them watching the show.

“What the hell are you doing?!” yelled Eunhyuk.

“What are you doing?” said Donghae in an almost calm voice.

Eunhyuk didn’t answer; he was surprise by the calm tone of the other boy. But Donghae was boiling, his heart was aching so much right now, he never thought he could feel so much pain again.

“Why?” was the only thing Donghae could say.

“Why what? Why are you acting so dramatic? Don’t give yourself in show…”

“You told me to stay by your side until you knew what you felt. But doing this? Is this really necessary?” Donghae said on the verge of crying.

“Yah, you bean head, I still do whatever I want with my life why should I change something for you? It’s not like we are in a relationship or something.”

That finished sending Donghae over the edge. The brunet was angry, really angry. How could he turn down and hur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter