Waiting

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He started panicking and pacing around.

“I’m dead… I’m dead!!! I just died!”

All that was so confusing and unbelievable. But well, his dead sister standing in front of him was starting to be the only thing that made sense. He stopped pacing and turned to her.

“So what? This is my heaven? A perfect life that I never had and can never have, is my heaven?”

“Calm down Fishy…”

That made him calm down immediately. This was the nickname she used to give him when they were young, because Donghae had that weird love for fishes and Nemo in particular. It was funny since he was afraid of water and now was killed by it…

“You’re not dead.” she simply said.

“I’m not?”

“No… but you’re in no good shape.”

“I’m dying?”

“In a coma.”

That shocked Donghae even more, he was getting too confused.

“So wait… I’m not dead, but I’m lying right now in a hospital bed, in a coma.”

She nodded.

“And I’m having hallucinations about having a perfect weekend with my parents, making out with the guy I like and my dead sister…”

 She frowned confused.

“Great…!” he said sarcastically.

“You know that I’m not really your sister… I just took form as her.”

“So what are you?”

“I’m only the fruit of your imagination....”

“Great…” he said again. “And why am I having that weird dream instead of being sleeping peacefully?”

“I’m giving you a chance…”

“Of having the perfect life?”

“Of waking up!”

Donghae looked at her intensely, as if at any moment she would disappear in smoke or tell him that it was all a big joke. But she didn’t… and she wouldn’t… The brunet sighed, being a bit overwhelmed by all this.

“So what do I have to do?”

“You have the choice… whether you go back to your not so happy life, or you can stay.”

“Forever?”

“Forever… You won’t ever wake up again.”

“I’ll be dead…”

“In a certain way, yes, I guess…”

“So you’re asking me to choose between life and death; to choose between the people that I love and a fake illusion of them?”

She nodded again.

“Sounds like an easy choice…” said Donghae with a bitter laugh.

“Is it?”

“… no.”

***

Eunhyuk’s PV:

First Week

He didn’t have time to open his mouth until Sungmin flew to his neck and hugged him so tightly that Eunhyuk started having troubles breathing. When he finally let go, he could see that the face of his blond friend was submerged with tears. Besides him was Kyuhyun of course, Junsu, his childhood friend was there too, Yesung and Ryeowook. He was touched seeing everyone, and knowing that he hadn’t talked to Sungmin these past months he couldn’t be more grateful to see him here. After Junsu hugged him too, he let them into Donghae’s room.

Seeing the boy lying there, lifeless, made Sungmin cry even more and even Kyuhyun had tears in the corner of his eyes.

But the worst would be Ryeowook, the poor boy couldn’t stop sobbing. It was the first time they visited Donghae after the accident. Eunhyuk knew very well what they were feeling right now, since he was feeling the same, and even worse… Eventually Min and Ryeowook had to get out of the room because their sobs became too loud. Junsu and Yesung followed them to try helping them stop crying and Kyuhyun stayed. Eunhyuk was going to leave the two boys alone but the maknae asked him to stay. He only said a few words to Donghae then stood up and was going to walk out the door when he suddenly hugged Eunhyuk and whispered to him:

 “Don’t you dare feel guilty or take revenge on anything.  When Donghae-hyung will wake up he will be expecting you, so don’t lose yourself again.”

He let the dancer go and smiled at him.

“And we are here for you hyung.”

Eunhyuk let a small smile creep to his face. He was touched by his dongsaeng’s words. That’s when Sungmin came back in the room, finally ready to see Donghae again…

 

4th Week

The door swung open and the tall brunet boy came in like a hurricane.  He stopped a second, shocked to see the boy that he liked lying in a bed, lifeless, then he turned to Eunhyuk and his fist flew, meeting with the dancer’s cheek. The punch echoed in the room and Eunhyuk fell on the ground with the strength of the blow. Siwon then started to yell at him with all his might, about how he had left Donghae to his care and that’s how he protected him… Some nurses came in because of the agitation, trying to calm the wild boy, but nothing worked. When they threatened to call security he calmed down a bit and Eunhyuk assured them that everything was fine. They went outside the room, in the hallway to talk. He wanted to wait until Donghae woke up to tell Siwon about what happened, but since the boy wasn’t waking up he decided to call him. Because Eunhyuk knew how much he cared about Donghae, he deserved to know. Maybe Eunhyuk didn’t like the guy, because he was honestly burning with jealousy for him, but he knew that Siwon was someone with a good heart, and he was someone important to Donghae… The brunet would’ve wanted him here. After they talked, Siwon calmed down and Eunhyuk gave him some time alone with the comatose boy.

 

6th Week

It was late, and long after visit hours. Eunhyuk was in the hallway, taking some coffee from the vending machine, when he heard a familiar voice… He turned around to see a scene that would’ve made him laugh, if the circumstances were different… There was Heechul arguing with Hangeng about the fact that he was making too much noise and they were going to be caught by the nurses, and behind them were Minho. Eunhyuk was honestly surprised to see Heechul here… They hadn’t seen each other after the bridge, and he only had some phone calls from Hangeng to ask how Donghae was. And he didn’t even know Donghae was friends with Minho! The dancer went to them, to ask what the hell they were doing here. Heechul, not expecting Eunhyuk here, was all weird and pretended to be just passing by, when Hangeng corrected him by saying he was worried sick, and Minho added that he wanted to see how was his favorite hyung, what cost him to be hit in the arm by Heechul. Eunhyuk let them enter the room and stayed at the porch watching them discover the scenery that he was living with for weeks now… Donghae, with tubes and machines around and on him, the only thing maintaining him alive…

The three boys stayed there for a while, and Eunhyuk even saw some tears in Heechul’s eyes. He couldn’t help but smile sadly. His Donghae really did have a power; he had the power to make everyone come together no matter what. He had the power to change people and to make them better. And not for the world would Eunhyuk blow it. He would honor it no matter what and he would do every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter