Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul took the microphone and in his mocking way started to talk.

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much for coming today and giving my sister a good time at her wedding. I am really sorry for the interruption, but I think it is time to have some fun, so me and Hangeng here prepared a little game. So first of all please give an applause to my sister Rinha and my new brother in law who will help me with this.”

Though there was a lot of confusion on the guest’s faces, everyone seemed to wait for what would come next, except from those who actually knew Kim Heechul. And the satisfied smile he had wasn't good at all.

“What is he planning this time?” Donghae whispered to Hyuk.

But the dancer next to him just shrugged his shoulders.

“If only I knew... at least Rinha seems to have fun.”

In fact the girl was laughing and nodding at the words her brother was telling her on the small stage and even Jaejoong seemed to be amused.

“Okay here we go. Tonight our game will be about the best dancing couple. We have two boxes with the names of some random people. In the first one are the names of the leading partner, in the second the one of the other. Jae and Rinha will have the task to pull out a piece of paper with a name on it and read it out loud so we will know the couple who supposed to dance together. Each couple will get a number and dance to different songs. The two with the best performance will win and dance the final dance with a special induction given by me short before.”

Clicking his tongue, Donghae didn't like where all of this was heading and neither did Eunhyuk. One by one couples got chosen and the both of them were about to take a deep breath of relieve, when their both names sounded from the loudspeakers. Everyone turned to them in disbelief and Heechul’s grin grew wider. It was then that the brunet realized that he and Hyuk were the only male couple. Looking at each other they knew what the other was thinking. They had to do it for Rinha. For Shisus sake, they were members of the dance club, what could possibly happen to them? Getting to their positions, they smirked when the first song started, being one of their favorites, the first notes of 'Save the last dance for me' by Michael Buble rose in the room. The married couple opened the ball and they started the friendly competition.

Then the second song started and so on. In the end they had to catch their breaths but it really was fun and they got to the finals.  A lot of good dancers had tried to keep up but failed nonetheless. Donghae and Eunhyuk were a great team and they ended up winning.

People moved to give them space on the dance floor for the last dance and Heechul came down from the stage and gave Hyuk a silk scarf and whispered only for them to hear:

“Here is your special task. Put some in your dance okay? I know the powerful performance is just what you like, but let's see how good you really are at dancing.”

Before the boys could protest, the elder went away, going back on stage. He took the microphone again.

“Ladies and gentlemen this is the last dance! Let’s see how much of good dancers they are. For this last performance we are going to have live music. Please welcome Cho Kyuhyun, who’s going to sing for us.”

Donghae and Eunhyuk’s chins nearly dropped when they heard their friend’s name. They saw a not happy Kyuhyun getting on stage, pushed by Hangeng. Donghae laughed a bit in his head imagining how persuasive Heechul and Hangeng probably were to convince Kyuhyun to sing live. Giving the sign to start the music, Heechul left the stage, letting Kyuhyun’s voice fill the room.

As soon as the music started, Kyuhyun was past his annoyance and became totally focused on his vocal. And his voice was amazing. A warm mix between soft, sweet and tender, he totally bewitched the room full of people.

For the two dancers on the dance floor, as soon as they both looked in each other eyes, it was their moment to forget the world and just move together with rhythm.

Heavy gazes, swaying hips and the warmth of Eunhyuk were all Donghae could feel when he got leaded by the other. He was spinning around, bends back and bonded by the scarf Hyuk had put around him. The air around them became hotter with every passing second. Maybe it was just his reaction to the blonde holding him tight while they were dancing, Hae didn't really know.

Kyuhyun gave the performance of his life and both dancers did the same. The mixture between his enchanting voice, the beautiful melody and Donghae and Eunhyuk’s love for dance, made everything seem magical, out of place. They were in their own little world and nothing could stop them at that moment… When the song was about to end Hyuk lifted the brunet up and spun around with him, stopping the dance with holding the other in his arms without tearing away their intense gazes. Then the music ended… It was like time had stopped. A little out of breath Donghae opened his lips a bit and that’s when he realized Eunhyuk’s face stopped just a few inches from his. Drawn like magnets, they kept staring at each other when they moved imperceptibly. Without really realizing it, the next moment he felt Eunhyuk kissing him. The blond boy kissed him with so much tenderness, that he once again lost his head and just gave in to the emotions overwhelming him.

Even after they had parted the magical moment lasted a few seconds more. Then they both switched back to normal.

That’s when they realized that they weren’t alone in the room, and reality hit them. They had just kissed in front of a whole room full of people that were completely ignorant of their situation. Looking around everyone stared at them with different expressions. Mostly disbelieve or shock. Panicking Donghae ran out of the hall followed by Eunhyuk. All he could hear was Heechul laughing and Rinha who tried to make him shut up, because she knew this whole dancing thing had gone out of control, especially for her two friends, who hadn't told many people they were actually a couple.

Donghae heard Eunhyuk calling out for him but he couldn't stop though, he needed some fresh air. Everything had been too much overwhelming for him. Then he found the perfect place for it on the rooftop. The brunet didn't really care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter