Thrill of Blood

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Chinese boy opened the door violently and came into the room furiously.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” he almost yelled.

Heechul who was lying on a sofa got up with a jerk, surprised.

“What is it?” he asked confused.

“I heard you’re going to bring Donghae with you on a raid?”

“So?”

“What is that raid that I don’t know about?”

“It’s nothing much. I heard that some knock heads got to Eunhyuk, so I thought we could give them some pay back this evening.”

“And why is Hae coming with you? I thought he was just a paper worker.”

Heechul smirked.

“I thought that he would want to take action himself since it’s his boyfriend who got hurt.”

“No he is not going anywhere.” said Hangeng firmly.

The thin boy frowned.

“Are you actually concern for him?”

“Of course I am!”

“You like him!”

It was more a statement than a question.

“Yes I do, but not in the way your twisted mind is thinking! He is a good kid. He is better than all of us together.”

Heechul nodded and started pacing in the room.

“You’re right… I like him too. He has something that I lost for some time now: hope.”

Hangeng smiled, it reassured him to see that his lover could see the light in that boy. Because after all he has suffered, he still had that something that made you want to fight for life. Suddenly Heechul stopped and smirked.

“And that’s exactly the reason why… I’m going to crush him.” He said with mad eyes.

Hangeng realized what his plan was.

“You’re going to turn him into Eunhyuk… You’re going to take revenge on his sister by Hae? Is that your plan?”

“That sounds ridiculously revengeful…”

“Because it is! Chul the girl is dead and Leeteuk got his punishment by Eunhyuk, it’s time to end this.”

“It’s not just because of that… You know I like Donghae too! He is like me, and that’s why I want him by my side.”

Hangeng had a sad laugh.

“The thing is… Donghae is not like you… he is like me! Trying for so long to be loved by someone that only sees someone else… that’s the story of my life.” he said sadly.

Heechul stared at him disconcerted. Never before had he seen his lover so helpless and hurt. He had been with him for so long, but that hurt expression on his face was new to him and he didn’t know what to do about it.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m with you.”

“Are you? Did you ever do something that was actually for me? Being what you are is out of revenge for another guy, having Eunhyuk and Donghae under your thumb is because in that way you feel close that guy, and even in your sleep… you’ll sometimes call his name. How am I supposed to continue like that?”

“What do you mean by continue like that?” asked Heechul getting angry.

“You always do as you like, you never listen to me or anyone. We’ve been together for 4 years now, and I didn’t wanted to be like my family, I wanted to build something with you. But now I don’t see a future for us anymore… You’re never going to change…”

“Are you breaking up with me right now?”

Hangeng turned his back on Heechul; he couldn’t stand his stare anymore.

“I need some time off…”

Heechul was shocked. He wasn’t expecting that, actually he never expected the boy to leave his side. He couldn’t imagine his life without Hangeng because he never had to experience it before. But now he realized that he took the boy too much for granted. He wanted to change, he wanted the boy to stay… but his pride spoke higher.

“Do as you wish.” he spitted.

Hangeng turned again to him, obviously hurt by the lack of reaction and emotion.

“Alright then… I’m going… Just leave Donghae out of your schemes.”

Then he turned away and left. Heechul started pacing furiously. Who did he think he was to tell him what to do? And how dared he leave?! He didn’t need him anyway; he didn’t need anyone, because he was Kim Heechul after all! He wanted to convince himself of that but, the hole he was feeling in his chest proved otherwise…

***

The same night, Heechul was waiting in the car next to Minho, in a black alley. A few minutes after they got there, he saw the boy jumping off the wall and he got then in the car next to the two boys.

“So, ready for your first raid?” Heechul said to the brunet.

“I thought that amateurs like me didn’t do raids.” commented Donghae.

“Well, I think this one will interest you. They attacked a certain someone earlier today…” said Heechul with a smirk.

“So what are we waiting for?”

Then the car started.

“Hangeng-hyung is not coming with us?” asked Donghae suddenly.

The thin boy didn’t answer immediately. He couldn’t look weak in front of his dongsaengs, so no could know what really happened.

“We don’t need him for this one.”

Donghae didn’t ask for more. Heechul was pissed off and needed to get it out of his system. Those poor souls who attacked Eunhyuk had no chance… none.

***

Donghae came back this night with some bruises and a very sore fist. It was the first time that he got into a fight.

As soon as they got to the spot where the small gang was hanging out, Heechul didn’t let them time to think and punched the first poor guy who was the nearest. Minho, used to it, just started following his hyung’s steps and kicked another one. They were at least six against the three of them, but it didn’t seem to bother his two comrades. Donghae didn’t really know what to do, so he stayed back. Until one of the other boys tried to punch him, in a reflex he avoided it (by miracle really), and looked confused to Heechul.

“Defend yourself!” he yelled. “Think that they did the same thing to your precious boyfriend.”

“He is not my boyfriend.”

“Then just do it because it’s fun.” Heechul said smiling.

He was mad… But soon Donghae didn’t have a choice and had to indeed defend himself. So that’s was what Eunhyuk felt when he got into fights? The rush in your blood; the calming pain in your bones; the breathtaking thrill of winning. When the brunet saw all the guys on the ground he couldn’t help but have a half smile, thinking about in what state Eunhyuk was because of them, now they have tasted the same medicine.

In the morning he woke up in is bed. And beside it was Eunhyuk that was sleeping in his. Like usual - when he slept in his room - Donghae would get up first to sneak out to Siwon’s room, before Eunhyuk could wake up. But today as he did the same thing, he was stopped by the voice of the boy behind him.

“Why is your cheek violet?”

Donghae turned around surprise. It has been some time now that he didn’t hear the voice of the boy. Eunhyuk was so absent from his life, that he sometimes forgot he was still his roommate. Eunhyuk got up and came closer to him.

“Why do you have a bruise on your cheek?” he asked again.

“I fell…” said Donghae.

Of course it was the stupidest lie ever, but he didn’t know what to say else. Eunhyuk raise a hand to Donghae’s face and with his thumb caressed the brunet’s face tenderly. Donghae didn’t move, he was so surprise by the gesture that he just froze. But at the moment Eunhyuk touched his skin, a chill went down his spine. It’s been so long since he touched him… It was like electricity ran down his entire body. A sad expression filled Eunhyuk’s eyes.

“What are you doing Hae?”

That was like a wake up for him. Donghae pushed the boy’s hand away and got out of the room. As soon as the door was close behind him, he tried to breath normally again. What the hell was that? What was Eunhyuk doing?

Preferring to just forget about it, Donghae went to his real boyfriend’s room.

***

Of course as soon as they saw Donghae hurt, all his friends were worried about what he was doing. Although he succeeded in making some of them believe that he had indeed fell, it was soon hard to lie about it...

After that one time, Donghae accompanied Heechul on raids, many and many times. Because Hangeng had disappeared for some time now, the brunet seemed to have taken the spot of second on Heechul’s side. They would fight other gangs almost every day and he actually liked it… It was horrible to say but it felt good. It felt good to feel the power of his strength, the power that he had to bow others to his will, with blood and violence of course, but nonetheless, it was thrilling. And Heechul would teach him how to fight, always saying he had so much potential… But Heechul seemed off too... without Hangeng, the brunet would often see him alone in a corner looking in to the void.

Siwon and the others were starting to be mad at him, because he would always show up with new bruises and even once a broken rib.

But they couldn’t understand how liberating it was, and how since he started doing it he was more at peace. Annoyed by their constant nagging and scolding, he would spend a lot more time with Heechul and the other guys, back at the warehouse.

On day a fight went more violently than expected and Donghae got hurt by a knife. They came back to the warehouse so he could patch it up. They were in the commune room, when suddenly they heard some turmoil coming from the corridor.

“Let me go pass!”

“No way… Who the hell is this anyway?”

“This is the one who’s going to show your face in 4D!”

They could hear a noise and a few seconds later Rinha stepped in the room, holding a poor boy’s arm behind his back. Donghae was so surprised, he never imagined her to be so fierce… But again she was a Kim too. She looked for Heechul in the room and the boy approached her amused.

“Is this how you teach manners to your dongsaengs?” she said ang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter