Special Valentine's Day

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
This oneshot sets between Dream Catcher and Long Lost Dreams. Enjoy & Good reading!^^
And Happy Valentine's Day my lovelies!<3

 

Donghae was in the calm of the library, reading his past classes and trying to memorize what he needed. When suddenly, he heard a commotion behind him, and saw Sungmin running towards him.

“Hae!” he shouted.

Everyone in the library turned to him. Donghae sighed, embarrassed by his friend’s attitude. Did he know that they were in a library? How could he be so loud? Finally he got to him.

“Hae we had an awesome idea!!!!” he said all excited.

“Shhhh… Let’s get out first.” Donghae told him trying to push him out of the library.

The two boys went outside. Sungmin then grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the campus’s garden where Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun were sitting on a bench.

“Hey book worm.”  Eunhyuk greeted him.

Donghae just stick his tongue to his boyfriend, ignoring him.

“What are you guys doing here?”

Sungmin turned to him with shinning eyes.

“We are going to London!!!”

“Oh, that’s great! Why suddenly?”

“Don’t tell me you forgot what day it is this week end.”

Donghae frowned, trying to remember if this week end had anything special, but nothing came to mind. Sungmin just shook his head annoyed by his friend.

“It’s Valentine’s Day!”

“Ahhhhhhh!”

“And so Kyu had an AWESOME idea!”

Kyuhyun smiled, obviously proud of himself.

“I thought we could get out of here and have a romantic week end.”

Donghae blinked a few times, agape.

“In London, England?!”

“Do you know another London?”

Donghae shook his head. He would often forget that his friends were rich boys, way richer than he was. For them, he guessed, going to other side of the world just to spend a week end, was totally normal.

“Have fun over there.” he said.

He saw Eunhyuk laughing under his breath and Sungmin just shouted, frustrated.

“WE are going!”

Donghae needed a few minutes to understand what they were saying. When he did, he stared in shock at his friends.

“I think he finally got it.” Eunhyuk said, amused.

“OUT OF THE QUESTION!”

“I told you he wasn’t going to like the idea.” Eunhyuk commented.

Sungmin pouted and crossed his arms.

“Why not? It’s going to be fun, the four of us on a double date in Europe.”

“Do you want me to tell you all the reasons why that idea is ridiculous?” Donghae said in a bad mood. “First of all, we do have school we can’t just take off like this.”

“That’s why we said week-end.” Kyuhyun pointed out.

“And I’m not rich as you guys, I can’t go to the other side of the world just by snapping my fingers.”

Eunhyuk got up from the bench and came to take Donghae in his arms. He put a hand on the brunet’s waist and leaned, pecking his lips.

“Can you please stop being such a mood killer for once.” he said with a honey voice. “Mr. Cho here has a private jet and we will stay at his dad’s hotel. So everything is free of charge.”

Donghae stared at his boyfriend, and then he glanced at Sungmin, then Kyuhyun.

“I don’t really have a choice do I?”

“NO!” exclaimed Sungmin.

And that’s how they got into a plane the next day and flew to London.

***

After nine hours of a more or less peaceful flight in Kyuhyun's private jet, they finally arrived at the London airport.

Donghae couldn't tell how thankful he was, because during the last 540 minutes, and yes he had started to count them at some point and just added the remaining ones he didn't count, he had gotten a headache.
Even though he seriously tried to rest in the comfy seat of his, Sungmin had made it impossible. At the beginning Donghae had been sleeping because he was still tired, but then Sungmin was just too much. He was talking non stop since Kyuhyun was once again caught up in his video games so he didn't pay much attention to his boyfriend, who ended up talking about things he read in the Internet about London and what he wanted to do there.

Meanwhile Eunhyuk had fallen asleep and so it had been only him and the overly energetic blonde.
At some point the brunet had stopped listening to what the other was saying and just looked out of the window next to him, pretending he was listening, to ease his mind a bit and ignore the stinging pain in his head, which was getting stronger as time was passing by.

So finally they were at the airport and the voice coming from the loudspeakers was a welcome change for Hae.
He saw people passing by in a hurry and took a second to breathe in and out a few times with closed eyes. The weather was rather nice and the air refreshing.

While Kyuhyun spoke to one of his men to take care of their belongings and further arrangements for the day during their absence, Eunhyuk and he were waiting in a silent corner with Sungmin, who was busy trying to stay calm.
Patience wasn't exactly the blonde’s thing when he was excited.
Luckily the Cho's servants were really good at what they were doing and so it didn't take long for the maknae to give them the needed instructions before they went away.

Well who would have expected anything less of a family with a son like that anyway?

They knew they were rich and they didn't hold back to show it.
Shaking his head, Donghae smiled to himself in an ironic way.

“Sometimes I forget how rich you guys really are...” he mumbled more to himself than to anyone else but Sungmin had heard it and the others as well.

“Right! Isn't it great?! First we took a flight in Kyunnie's jet and after we will stay at his hotel! You should be happy he is that rich. At least I am, because I am going to spend a lot of his money this weekend before he is wasting it for his games again. So common let's get going, London is waiting for us.”

Being a bit stunned by the blonde, Donghae couldn't believe his ears.
And on top of that Kyuhyun just smiled when his boyfriend actually made it clear to throw a lot of his money out of the window and do some great damage to his credit card.

But then again was it even possible to do so?

“Your boyfriend is really too noisy sometimes” he heard Eunhyuk saying and was grateful to get some distraction from his thoughts.

“Shut up monkey, that's not called noisy but excited and happy. Something you wouldn't come up with in the first place huh?” the other shot back.

“Well I am sorry to disappoint you maniac, but I don't need to fly to the other side of the world to be happy with my Hae.”
They kept arguing around for a while until Sungmin turned around and looked at them with an annoyed expression.

“Enough already! No bickering and fighting around during Valentine's, have I made myself clear?! I have some shopping to do and you are not going to bother me! I don't have the time to put up with your childish behavior.”

“Says the one with pink, fluffy unicorns in his bed...” the dancer said, earning a bumping in the ribs from Donghae.

“Sungmin is right. Cut it out for today or do you want him to get a real pain in the ?”

The brunet mumbled to his boyfriend only to get smacked by his friend.

“I heard that as well Hae.”

“Sorry.” he said and flashed him his puppy eyes.

Seeing the other smile a bit, he knew he was forgiven and anyway, the blond boy was already busy finding the exit to get down to business.

And it seemed he was too excited to get mad, which was quite a lucky and bothersome circumstance at once. Walking down the hallways Donghae was amazed by all the impressions he got.

The airport was huge. Everywhere you saw people from all over the world standing in front of the shops and information stands. Talking, eating a snack, enjoying their time with some friends or just waiting. Sparkling light filled the halls, making the place look alive.

Of course it wasn't something new for the brunet, but he loved to treasure the small things in life just as much as the others. And luckily he took his camera with him to capture everything he wanted to remember later on again, when they were back in Seoul.

After some minutes of walking they reached the exit where a car was already waiting for them to pick them up.

When they all had put on their seat belts, the driver turned around to ask Kyuhyun:

“To the hotel Mr. Cho?”

Before the boy was able to answer anything Sungmin was faster.

“Take us to the biggest Shopping Mall in town, please!”

The middle aged man looked at Kyu with a questioning look, who just grinned and shrugged.

“You heard him. Take us to wherever he wants to go.”

Receiving a nod, the car went off to their next destination.

Donghae and Eunhyuk were just looking at each other with an expression that said more than a thousand words. It seemed that their friends weren’t really paying attention to them and that they didn’t have their saying in where they were going or what they would do. But there was no use in complaining anymore. The decision had been made and maybe it was something good. Spending a great time together with your partner was all Valentine's Day should be like.

So they just sat back and enjoyed the view they had from the car.

***

Saying that the Shopping Mall was huge would have been an understatement. The hallways wouldn't end and the height was incredible.

“What the hell is that?” Donghae asked with a mixture of awe and shock in his voice.

“That's the Westfield London. It was opened in 2008 and is the largest Shopping Mall in Europe, including 150.000m2 of a total retail floor area, 5 floors and 372 stores. You also have...” Kyuhyun said.

“Wait a minute how do you know all this?”

“Oh please he is the genius after all. It's not surprising at all that he knows about something like this.” Eunhyuk commented totally calm.

“And it isn't my first time in London either.” the younger added with a smirk.

“Who cares! Let's get in already!” Sungmin said and went away.

And then it started.

First they had to go clothes shopping and after shoes. Well it wasn't that bad since everyone found something for their taste and soon enough they ended up with a lot of bags to carry and hungry stomachs.

While Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun just sat down with the bags and took a break, Sungmin was dragging Donghae along to a small shop with all kinds of chocolate.

Outside was hanging a small sign with “Make some personal chocolate for your Valentine” written on it.

“Isn't this awesome Hae? Let's do it. I always wanted to try something like this.”

“But doesn't it take too long?”

“No way. And besides I don't think Kyu or Hyuk will complain about some rest, anyway.”

Taking a second look at the lovely designed sign the brunet sighed and nodded. He knew he couldn't afford to buy an expensive present for Eunhyuk, but self-made Chocolate was something that didn't cost too much, was made with a lot of love and representing the sweetness of said feeling that was just too great to describe in words.

When they went in, the smell of melted chocolate filled the air and the small but cozy decorated shop just made you feeling home and a little bell rang. After a few seconds an elder woman came out of a room in the back and smiled at them in a friendly way.

“Hello. What can I do for you?”

“Ehm we saw the sign outside...” Donghae said a bit shy when he saw the surprised look in the others face.

But then she smiled even brighter and showed them to follow her.

“It's nice that you want to make some chocolate for your girlfriends. It has been a while since some young men came here to do the same. I am sure your partners will love it. Oh and by the way I am Molly. Please have a seat and I will be right back. ”

With that Miss Molly went out of the room and left them standing there alone. The two friends looked at each other with a helpless expression but turned around when they heard some chuckles behind them, only to be faced by five young girls who were smiling at them.

Donghae wasn't too sure but he guessed that this situation was what people called just a little bit embarrassing. Two foreign young guys, among even younger British girls, who were sending them some really suspicious glances and looks.
Luckily Sungmin didn't seem to have too many worries about the awkward situation. He just sat down on one of the chairs and dragged the brunet along to sit next to him.

“Hello ladies. I am Sungmin and that's my friend Donghae. Nice to meet you all.” he said with a heavy accent and send them his brightest smile, Hae tried his best to do the same after he got kicked by the others foot. The girls looked at them surprised, blushed and started to whisper with each other in a busy manner. Using the short moment of not being watched the brunet leaned over to his friend and said with a lowered voice:

“You know if I wouldn't know you are taken already and that Kyu can get possessive from time to time as well, I could start to think that you are flirting with them.”

The blonde chuckled and turned around to his friend.

“I am not flirting with them; I am just being nice and friendly. You know that no one could ever beat my Kyu in any way.”

Donghae rolled his eyes at the possessive tone in the others voice and leaned back. Sometimes Sungmin really had the talent to compete with Heechul's diva style... But only in a moderate way, because nobody was able to beat Kim Heechul in being himself. Shaking his head Hae frowned. Why did he think of Heechul in a situation like this? Luckily Miss Molly came back and he didn't have to think of it anymore. She was carrying a tray with a lot of small bowls, with decorations for the chocolate, on it. And then she went out to return with a huge pan filled with delicious smelling melted chocolate a few seconds later. It seemed to be heavy so Donghae got up and helped her to put in on the table, earning some envious sighs and a grateful smile from Molly.

“Thank you dear.”

“You are welcome Ma'am.” he answered and flashed her a warm smile as well.

The girls just stared at him in an adoring way so he winked at them and took his seat after. This time it was Sungmin who leaned over to him.

“Now aren't you the one flirting right now?”

“I am just being friendly as you said” the brunet responded and put on one of this boyish grins of his, that everyone loved.

If his friend had to drag him here in the first place, why shouldn't he have some fun as well? And besides he knew who his heart belonged to so ho didn't worry at all.

“Alright everyone thank you for being here today. Let's make some great chocolate for your beloved ones. Please put on the aprons on your chairs.”

Molly said and pointed behind them. Unfortunately neither Donghae's nor Sungmin's aprons were fitting them.

“Oh my, wait a minute I will see if I find another one for you two.”

Somehow it was adorable to see the elder woman walk away in a hurry and coming back with two aprons. A pink one and a blue one.

“I am really sorry but these are the only two ones I think will fit you. My husband and my daughter are really tall and the aprons are theirs. I hope you don't mind.”

“Not at all.” Donghae reassured her and took them from her hand.

It was no wonder that Sungmin wanted to have the pink one and the brunet didn't think of arguing around about it anyway. A man in an apron was one thing. A man in a pink apron was another. After they had put them on the blonde turned around to him and asked.

“What do you think? Does it suit me?”

“Of course it does.”

“You know it reminds me of the time when Kyuhyun and I were in the kitchen and I was cooking and I spilled chocolate on my apron and Kyu decided to...”

“Sungmin please, I don't want to know what you two did with an apron and spilled chocolate.”

Seeing his friend pout, Hae once more rolled his eyes and started to focus on the things Molly explained to them as good as he was able to.

Making chocolate wasn't as easy as he had thought at first, but amusing. So he put all of his abilities in decorating and creating the sweet little things he would give Hyukjae later today. Time was passing, by really fast, and soon enough an hour was already gone and they left the shop with small packages filled with a lot of chocolate. As a good-bye they waved at the girls and then went to look where Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk had been. It was nearly adorable to see the two boys sitting in a small corner surrounded by bags sleeping at each other’s shoulder. The shopping must have really exhausted them in some way. Actually it was only fair enough for them to carry their bags as their boyfriends.

But now it was time to get home. It was already late and they had to unpack their things before getting ready for dinner and maybe have a short nap. Getting down on his knees Donghae started shaking the dancers shoulder to wake him up, while Sungmin used his own methods to get the maknae out of his dream lands.

“Common sleepy head, we are back. Let's go home.”

The boy whined a bit but opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Donghae in front of him.

“Welcome back.”

“I could say the same to you. Sorry it took us so long.”

“It is fine, don't worry. At least we could rest a bit. So where are we headed to now?”

Eunhyuk asked more to Kyuhyun than to the brunet but it was alright.

“We are going to the hotel to get ready for dinner. You guys want to see something of London after all now don't you?”

Nobody complained about it and when they reached the exit, the driver was already waiting for them to pick them up. Donghae had to admit it wasn't that bad after he had been walking for hours, but it would have been okay for him the other way around as well. He had never been depended to any riches money could buy. He knew it could be helpful but it was never a guaranty for happiness in life.

But right now he just enjoyed the warmth he felt while he was leaning at Hyuk's shoulder and the things he saw outside the window while they drove to the hotel.

***

As everything Donghae had already seen today the Cho's Hotel wasn't any exception in the definition of being impressive.

The baroque building with six floors was quite something to look on.

Elegant worked roman statures were decorating the outside along with countless stucco works around the windows.

The cream color of the walls and the meticulously way every single stone had been arranged in its form was an eye catcher for every person who took only a few seconds to adore that beauty. But the front of the building was only like the decoration of a cake.

When they walked into the entrance hall a perfect mix of antique art and modern furniture was giving a warm welcome to the guests.

In the middle you had a low table with some magazines on it and comfy armchairs or small sofas in a soft wine-color which was building a good contrast to the dark brown parquet flooring.
At the cream walls there were hanging old paintings of different sceneries, framed by small lights on each side and some red curtains.
Even there you had some small armchairs to sit in and make yourself feeling home.

A pleasant, warm light was sent all over the hall by the chandeliers at the ceiling and at the end of it you had the reception. It was framed by two huge marble pillars which were reaching the ceiling and made of the same brown wood as the floor. The wall behind it was covered in emerald colored curtains with golden hooks for the keycards.

When the receptionist realized Kyuhyun he called out for another college and took two cards to lead them to their rooms.
On their way to the elevator Donghae took a small moment to spend some of his attention to the beautiful ceiling he had already admired in the hall before. Everywhere you had small figures and signs worked into marble and in between beautiful paintings of angels and other ancient hero’s captured in their great acts of glory. The colors were all matching so perfectly with each other that you would have loved to spend your whole day only in the hallways to capture every single detail the creator had put.

Their rooms were on the sixth floor and right next to each other as to be expected. With a last bow the servant left and they finally got to see their rooms.

***

Finally they were back at the hotel! After hours walking from left to right all over London, they finally went home to get ready for dinner. They left the Kyumin couple in front of their room’s door and went into their own, that was just next to them. Donghae was happy to be finally back, he actually enjoyed shopping, but he was dying for a hot shower. And he suspected the jet lag was starting to get him too, because he felt exhausted. As soon as he saw the enormous bed lying in the center of their suite, he jumped on it, sighing heavily.

“Finally, a BED!”

Eunhyuk laughed, closing the door behind him and drop off all their shopping bags on the suite’s table.

“You were really brave today; I don’t know how you survived Sungmin… He was unstoppable!”

“I’m getting used to him…”

“More than 15 years that I know him and I still don’t know how to deal with him.”

“The trick is to make him think you’re listening when actually you’re not. Say yes and no when he is glancing at you, because he’s looking for your approval, and when he is into his grandiose speeches just say that he is totally right.”

Holding his belly, Eunhyuk couldn’t stop laughing. Both boys giggled at Hae’s silliness. Finally after a few seconds, Eunhyuk was able to breathe normally again, and he lay down next to his boyfriend. They their sides to fade each other, Eunhyuk caressing Donghae’s face with the tip of his fingers. The brunet closed his eyes, enjoying the touch and the warmth of the other’s hand. Then he felt the thin boy move and soon he felt him kissing the tip of his nose. Hae opened his eyes again to see Eunhyuk’s beautiful smile.

“I’m glad you agreed to come.”

“Me too.”

Donghae cuddled closer to his boyfriend and put his head in the crotch of his neck, smelling his delicious perfume that even if they walked all day was still there. Eunhyuk smiled and hugged the boy back.

“I just need to close my eyes for 2 secs… I need to recharge my batteries.” Donghae whispered.

They stayed like this for a moment before Eunhyuk slowly moved away. Half-awake Donghae grumbled, unhappy to have lost his pillow.

“Where are you going?” Donghae asked.

“I’m going to take a shower. I would’ve offered you to join me but I think its better not to tire you more.” Eunhyuk said with a smirk.

Donghae blushed at his boyfriend’s ert suggestion. The thin boy laughed, leaned to peck the brunet’s lips and then got up.

“You’re so cute. Get some rest while you wait.”

Then he went to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Donghae let his head go on the pillow and closed his eyes for second. His whole body was aching, they had walked so much. He was still having trouble realizing he was in England. Yesterday he was still at school and now he was on the other side of the world. And now his eyes were so heavy… Soon he couldn’t hold it anymore and fell into a deep and profound sleep.

Donghae woke up because he thought he heard a noise. Even if his consciousness was awake, he was incapable of opening his eyes; the sleep was still lingering on it. He need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter