Once and for all…

Dream Catcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was weekend. Despite the fact that he slept him in the morning, Donghae was exhausted. The day before had been too emotional for him and now he felt drained.

He was awakened to find himself alone in his bed, Eunhyuk had already left. It was better this way, thinking about what he almost did yesterday; he felt ashamed and didn’t know how to face Eunhyuk. On the other hand the boy had not only given him hope to live but to fight to be with the dancer.

He got up and went to take a shower once dressed he returned to the room to find Eunhyuk returning with their clothes washed.

«Finally awake? You sleep like a log." He said.

And that's how his embarrassment disappeared. Just seeing the face of the other boy had the gift of calm and make him feel safe.

«It is you who is the duty of cleaning this week? » Donghae asked.

«No, but you snore, I couldn’t sleep so I decided to be useful. »

Donghae laughed. Eunhyuk will always remain Eunhyuk. The boy put the laundry basket on the bed and turned to the brunet, suddenly serious.

"About yesterday ... If ever you try to put up such a thing to me again, I will kill you personally! »

Yes, Eunhyuk had a special way of being worried but at least now Donghae knew he sincerely cared.

"Sorry it won’t happen again. I just had a moment of weakness. "

"Yes, me too ... " he muttered.

But Donghae had heard. He made no comment, but smiled at the memory of their kiss. It was the fourth time and each time the feeling was different. Eunhyuk then pulled papers from his pocket and handed them.

"I went to ask permission to go out this afternoon. This way you can go see your parents. "

Donghae stared at the paper. He had a sudden urge to cry, two dueling feelings inside him. He was touched by what Eunhyuk did, but on the other hand it made ​​the fact that he would see his parents more real, and it terrified him.

"Hum… actually I don’t think it is a good idea... You’re right it will change nothing."

"I used one of my free afternoons to come with you so now we’re going! And you need it. "

Yes Eunhyuk was right ... Donghae was behaving like a coward and wasn’t like him at all. Then he should enjoy the fact that the other boy had agreed to come with him, because alone he wasn’t sure he could do it.

«2pm in front of the school gate then. »

***

A few hours later they were on the front porch of Donghae’s house. It has been now two years since he had set foot here and now the he was so close to doing it he felt he didn’t deserve it. He had always imagined he would go home at the invitation of his parents, when they would realize they needed him. But now he could not back down. Before he had time to ring the bell, the door opened on the fly and he found himself face to his cousin, the very one who had lost his parents on the day of the accident.

«Noona! »

As soon as she recognized the boy she stopped short and looked surprised.

«Donghae? What are you doing here? "

"This is my home ...» he said not very convinced.

She looked thoughtful for a moment then took him by the hand to pull him to the car.

"Good thing you're here, come with me. » Seeing that Eunhyuk didn’t follow she turned to him. "Your friend is just going to stand there or what? »

Without really understanding what was happening, they got into the car and they went to God’s know where. His cousin looked at Eunhyuk by the mirror.

«Sorry for the race, I’m Lee Saehyun Donghae’s cousin. »

«Lee Eunhyuk, his roommate. » Eunhyuk said simply.

«Noona, what are you doing here? » Donghae asked. "I thought you had left for Japan. »

"I had to come back to take care of some things and I had to stay with your mother because she fell down the stairs and is in the hospital. »

"What? » exclaimed Donghae worried.

"Don’t worry she is fine now, she just hit her head a little too hard... maybe it’ll put a little sense in her head like that. »

«Noona! »

"Sorry, sorry, I know she’s your mother. It's just that I find it ridiculous to blame you for all this time, for something that wasn’t your fault. How dare they accuse a child of being guilty of an accident... it’s cruel. "

Donghae was surprised. He had always believed that his family hated him and had the same opinion of him than his parents, but obviously he was wrong.

"I thought you too ..." Donghae began.

"Don’t put me in the same basket as them, Hae. Yes I became an orphan but I won’t blame a child for my misfortunes.” she cut him.

He smiled. He had always liked his cousin; she had a strong character, as Donghae wanted to be.

"I think it’s great that you decided to come talk to them. Set this story once and for all! "

They arrived at the hospital and Donghae as Eunhyuk followed Saehyun to the room. The brunet sighed and took his courage in both hands then entered the room. Eunhyuk was about to follow when suddenly the cousin took him by the arm.

«Don’t let him get dominated by his father. » She whispered to Eunhyuk. "Take care of him will you? He is a good kid he just doesn’t know how to express himself. "

In the room Donghae’s mother was in bed, apparently asleep while his father was sitting on a chair beside her. Hearing them he got up thinking it was probably Saehyun, but when he realized that it was not her he frowned.

"Who told you? Saehyun? "

"I found by chance ...»

«You shouldn’t be here! »

"It’s my mother. » Donghae said simply.

He stared at her mother with concern and stepped closer to the bed. Except that his father intervened.

«You should not be here. I constantly tell you but you don’t stop coming back. Don’t you have any pity for your mother? Aren’t you tired of hurting her? Stop the torture. "

Donghae remained quiet head down, but Eunhyuk noticed that the boy had his fists clenched so he followed the instructions of his cousin and took a step forward.

«Hello Mr. Lee. »

The father looked up at Eunhyuk suddenly surprised to see him there, he hadn’t noticed him.

«Hyukjae hello. Thank you for coming, you didn’t have to visit, she's fine. "

"I'm here to accompany Donghae. » He said coldly.

That's when Donghae realized that Eunhyuk was at his side, he was there for him, for the first time he realized that he wasn’t alone against the world or against his father and he had at least one person who was on his side.

"I went to the doctor yesterday and I remembered the accident. »

This caused his father to shut up and he took the opportunity to say what he had to say before he lost courage and deflates.

"I didn’t know that my brain had kept so many details. I just reviewed and relived everything as if I was there again ...»

Eunhyuk stared at him and his heart sank. He had seen how the boy was yesterday but he hadn’t said anything of what had happened at the doctor.

"I know you wanted me to disappear that day and I must admit that I left a part of me in this car. I sank, I choked, I drowned but in the end I'm still here today. And it’s thanks to Minha. She was the one who took me out of the car while this one was sinking; it was she who decided to sacrifice herself to protect me as she always did. "

Suddenly we heard sobs and they noticed that Donghae’s mother was awake and crying. His father also was making a visible effort to restrain his tears. Donghae had a lump in his throat and wanted to cry, but he must continue to say what he wanted because maybe he wouldn’t have another chance to do so.

"Honestly, if I could give my place to bring your daughter back I would have. If disappearing had made me to be loved by you as Minha is, I would have. But I cannot change things, all I can do is apologize for having been the one who survived and I hope you will remember our times spent together... And I will make an effort to try to become a son worthy of your love.»

Saying that he bow to his parents, his tears gripping on the ground. It was then that against all odds Eunhyuk put a hand on his shoulder to make him lift his head up.

"I'm sorry in advance. I know I have no right to say anything because I 'm not family, but I loved your daughter very much. Even now I continue to love her. I don’t pretend to know what the pain of losing a child is, but your behavior even after two years is morbid. You have another child, a son, and he is right in front of you."

Donghae cried even more, he looked at Eunhyuk surprised with his words. He would never have believed that the boy could stand up for him. Then he was also impressed: how could he be that calm in this situation?

"I got to know him and forget that he had the same face as the one I lost. » He continued. "If you let him into your life you would realize that he is a very good person. »

Now everyone was crying except for Eunhyuk. After a few seconds the father of Donghae step forward and took his son’s hands in his, the boy froze.

«Mian ... Appa and Oma were wrong ... but it's just so hard. »

«Appa ..."

"You're right; this has gone on long enough. Let’s go slowly until things become normal. Give us a little time will you? "

Donghae’s mother turned to him and opened her arms in invitation.

"My little boy! »

Without thinking twice, Donghae rushed into the arms of his mother as a small child. In her arms he felt comfortable as if he finally returned home. When his mother let him go his father put a hand on his shoulder.

"Next week come to eat at home, we’ll talk then. » his father said.

The heart of Donghae threatened to implode of happiness and relief; it was about to pinch himself to make sure it wasn’t a dream. Things were too perfect and were going to well to be true.

After all this they didn’t stay long , Eunhyuk apologized several times for his words while the parents assured him that it wasn’t a problem, and after getting a date to see each other, Donghae hugged his mother again and the two boys left. Because they had come here by car, Saehyun took them back to school. All the way Donghae couldn’t erase his smile. He wanted to scream, to jump, and to celebrate the good news. It was really amazing how hope could revive someone. His cousin said goodbye and they returned to their room. As soon as the door closed, Donghae put his arms around the waist of Eunhyuk and hugged him, putting his head against his back. The other boy surprised at first, tried to break away but the brunet held him firmly.

«Thank you. »

The other said nothing and stopped struggling.

"Thank you for what you said earlier... It’s the first time I know what you really feel..."

Eunhyuk took Donghae’s hands and made him let go, he broke away from the embrace of the boy and said without turning.

"It made ​​me realize that I am like them. I remain stuck in the past while the present and the future are just before my eyes. It is time that I realize that. "

“You were very brave today! I feel like I took a huge step in my life and it feels good. "

Eunhyuk turned, put his hand on the head of the brunet and ruffled his hair.

"You worked hard today! »

Donghae smiled, the dancer’s hand warmed his heart.

"Will you sleep with me tonight? » Donghae suddenly asked.

The other stared at him, frowning.

"I don’t want my nightmares come spoil this day. » he justified.

"And why would sleep with me prevent you from having ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter