Baby baby

Kris collection

“Kris, can you check on Lauren for me?” you yelled from your room. You were busy packing the luggage as Kris decided to bring Lauren back to Vancouver, partly because he wanted to celebrate his birthday back home and also because he wanted his baby girl to spend time with her grandma and the hidden agenda was to spend time alone with you.

“I’ll be right there!” Kris replied before strolling into Lauren’s baby room to be welcomed with her sprawl on her tummy. “You having tummy time all by yourself baby?” Kris stood beside her cot and watched as she struggled to get herself up but failed and plopped back down onto the mattress. She whined and flailed her arms against the mattress, as if she was asking for Kris to help her up. The overly enthusiastic and happy father of hers decide to carry her up and bounce her up and down which she replied with a string of laughter and a string of saliva onto her dad’s baby- face.

“Owww, Lauren, that’s not nice~” Kris whined as his little bundle of joy giggled against his chest. She looked up and placed her little palms on his cheeks, attempting to wipe them off for him. “I swear you’re such a darling. How can daddy not love you???” he nuzzled his nose against hers while she giggled in response. “Ba ba” she cooed. Kris smiled and kissed her on the cheek before leaving the room. “Let’s go see what mummy’s up to~”

“Tooth paste, tooth brush, comb, lotion, baby diapers, baby powder…”
“Mrs. Li, are you intending to ship our entire house there?” Kris raised his brows while Lauren latched her arms around his neck, totally in her own world.
“I’m afraid we might run out of Lauren’s diapers. You know how fussy she is about diapers and all.” You frowned while stretching out to grab more diapers lying on the ground. Kris sighed at how much of a worrywart you were. “We’re only going to be there for a week baobei, not a year. Lauren has diapers that are washable right? We’ll just bring more of those, don’t worry all right? I’m sure we can find her diaper brand in Vancouver too.” You sighed and slouched while Kris attempted to pull you up from the ground onto the bed.

The three of you lay on the bed with Lauren in the middle. You turned your head to the side and saw Lauren looking back at you with her bright big eyes. “Times like this I feel like going through child birth and waking up at ungodly hours truly worth it.” You murmured while caressing your daughter’s face. “But you’re such a troublesome and fussy baby. I wonder where you got those genes from.” Lauren hummed before grabbing your fingers with her little hands. Kris propped himself up on his elbow and played with your fringe. “Thank you… thank you for giving birth to this little bundle of joy and love which I am and will be eternally grateful for.” He leaned over to place a kiss on your forehead – Lauren giggled. “You cheeky little thing, who said you could peek at daddy kissing mummy huh?” he smiled at his little princess as she started blabbing words which the two couldn’t make out.

“If it wasn’t for you, Lauren wouldn’t be here too.” You replied.
“Are you speaking…dirty now?” Kris teased.
“What. No.” you blushed.
“Then what?”
“If I didn’t marry you, if you didn’t propose, if we didn’t meet in the first place, Lauren wouldn’t even be here. ert. No wonder you have that top with the words “ert” hanging in the wardrobe. Psh. You know yourself really well darling.” You rolled your eyes before turning your attention back to Lauren. Kris laughed at your weird relation but stopped awhile after before dwelling into the topic of “having a second child”.

“Do you think it’s time?” Kris asked.
“For dinner?” you replied – it was clear that whatever was on Kris mind, wasn’t on yours.
“No silly.” You shifted your body to face Kris and hugged Lauren as she was falling asleep.
“Another child.” He replied.
You stared back at him until Lauren kept squirming to grab Kris’s fingers.
“We should probably make our second child when we’re in Vancouver, considering the fact that Lauren was made when we were in China and then we can have our third child when we visit your parents in Singapore and another when we visit your favorite places, Maldives and Santorini. What do you think?” he proposed his idea, leaving you dumbfounded.
“What?”
“I take that as a yes.” Kris smiled and poked his daughter’s tiny nose.
“You’re going to have more company soon Lauren.” He pecked her on the nose and rose up from the bed to finish packing the luggage. Meanwhile, you laid on the bed, motionless and dumbfounded by his words. ‘What… I… Did I just create my own trap and unknowingly walk into it?’ As if he read your mind, Kris spoke up, “Yes you just walked into your own trap that you created. Second baby in Vancouver, I’m totally looking forward to it.” He smirked before returning to what he was doing. 


To the one who requested for "Lauren" to be the child's name, here you go! I hope you're satisfied with it! ;)

xoxo to all those who upvote, subscribe and comment & no this one-shot fic won't end so soon ;) 

Oh and have you guys heard of EXO's variety show? It's gonna air on the 28th of Nov and EXO's comeback special will be aired on Kris's birthday!! Yay!!! November's gonna be EXO month! <3