My enemy, My Lover

Kris collection

“Ha! You die!!!” the little boy crashed his toy plane into your little truck, flipping it over and causing quite a commotion. “Who said so! I somersault out of the truck just in time before your dirty plane crashed into me!” the younger girl with pigtails rebutted. “You’re still dead. I don’t care!” the younger boy shouted back at her. “Just admit it Yifan, you’re a sore loser!!” the younger girl stuck her tongue at the boy and ran out into the yard. The younger boy chased after her and caught onto her, instantly falling on top of her. “Yucks!! You’ve got soil on me! Got off me!” the little girl yelled. “Ha!! You shall die!!!” he squashed and squished her even deeper into the soil, causing her to squirm and scream for help.

“Why are you two making so much no- OMG, what are the two of you doing?!!!” two middle aged women came running towards their direction. “Get up Yifan!” one of them scolded. “Look at you! I told you two to play, not fight!” the other one reprimanded. The two lowered their head and attempted to look guilty but were secretly glaring at each other. “I hate you.” the one with pigtails declared. “I hate you too.” The younger boy replied. “I hate you, forever.” The girl rebutted. “I hate you forever, too.”

“Yifan! Stop doing that to my hair!” you yelled at the blonde haired guy which was seemingly a whole lot taller than you as compared to before.
“What? You used to tie pigtails back when we were younger? I’m just helping you revive some good old memories~” the blonde one cooed, totally oblivious to your anger.
“Get your darn hands off me before I smack you on your forehead.” You turned around to glare at him.
“Be my guest.” He said with his hands crossed.
“But that’s if you can even reach it.” He snickered and walked past you.
“Bye shortie!” he said while waving with his back facing you.
I really hate you, forever.’ You thought before combing your fingers through your hair to smoothen out whatever Kris did earlier on. ‘Irritating boy, sore loser, stupid tall giant. UGH.’ You rolled your eyes subconsciously before leaving for class.

You were dazing away during your math lesson as math was a total bore to you and you would rather spend the time, daydreaming and thinking about your own stuff – Which explains why you have Kris over at your place every weekend to tutor you math. “And today, we’ll be doing graphs.” Your teacher announced. “Ah, Yifan already taught me that last weekend, time to doodle.” You muttered to yourself before drawing little animals on your notebook. “You are expected to finish up page 150 to 175 by next Monday. Late submissions will not be marked or accepted.” Your teacher announced before dismissing the class. You grabbed your backpack and was about to leave the squad of rowdy people, complaining about the workload. ‘Thank god, that Kris completed that chapter with me last weekend. No homework for me~~~

While you were about to make your way out of the school gate, a distinctly disgusting voice called out for you – the nickname that you don’t really hate but hate it whenever he says it.
“Hey shortie! Wait up!” Kris called for you with his friends walking beside him.
“I didn’t know that you could walk so fast with those short legs!” he teased you while his friends laughed at you.
“Jihyun ah!” Kai called for you as you rolled your eyes before turning back to greet the 12 demons whose highest calling was probably, torturing and teasing you to great extent.
“What.” You glared at them.
“Nothing. Just wanted to see how short you are today.” Kai commented, earning laughter from his friends – as usual.
“You look taller today.” Sehun commented.
“Thanks. I appreciate your sarcasm.” You rolled your eyes and walked away but they wouldn’t let you off that easily.
“Oh come on~ You know we love you, don’t you?” Tao placed his arms around your shoulder.
“ off.” You glowered at the panda looking boy.
“You need to sleep more before your eye bags hang off your face.” You retorted before pushing his hands off.
“Awww, little kitty hyun’s angry~~” Kai teased you while you rolled your eyes at them and continued walking.
“See you later Shortie!” Kris shouted.
“NO!” you yelled back at him before walking even faster.

It was around mid afternoon and you just woke up from your afternoon nap. While making your way down to the kitchen, you saw Kris’s mum in your living room and judging from her facial expression, it seems as if something serious was bound to happen. You strolled down and went over to greet her, “Hey Aunty Wu” you waved and smiled at her. “Hello sweetheart.” She finally smiled. “So… Erm… Kris isn’t here is he?” you asked, hoping for a positive answer. “You miss me?” that thick husky voice echoed from the back of your ears as you groaned and tried avoiding him. “They are still so adorable. Aren’t they?” Kris’s mom commented. “Squabbling and arguing since they were toddlers.” You left the adults to their world of imagination, which clearly involved you being with Kris and having tons of babies.

“Shorts. Get me a drink please.” Kris said while sitting comfortably on the bench in the yard.
“Sorry we don’t have alcohol in this house.” You replied monotonously as you grabbed a bottle of yoghurt from the fridge.
“Thanks.” He grabbed it from you and started drinking.
“I hate you.” You said before walking into the kitchen to grab another bottle.
“Can you sit here with me?” He asked, as you were about to walk away. Turning back, you obliged with his request and sat beside him on the bench.
“Remember how we used to play together in the yard?”

“No. I don’t and I don’t wish to remember.”
“All the soil on your face. Haha! I could’ve sworn that you looked so much like a pig!” Kris was clearly amused at what he did to you back then when you two were younger.
“It’s all because you’re a sore loser.” You commented without expecting the small gap of awkward silence after that.
“Yeah… I guess I really am…” Kris kicked the perfectly trimmed grass as if they offended him.
“I expected a better comeback giant.” You looked at him before looking ahead. Kris snickered before putting the bottle on to the bench.
“My grandmother’s dying.” He said.
“W-what?” You nearly choked on your drink while staring wide eyed at him
“The doctors predicted her life span to last for approximately another…month?” he said.
“Oh…” you slouched while thinking of the thought of losing the woman who would always stand on your side when Kris bullied you – Even up till now.
“I’ll miss her so much…” he sighed.
“I’ll miss her too…” you sighed before continuing your sentence. “Can I visit her?” that question came abruptly but you really wanted to see the woman who was the hero of your childhood.
“Sure, but I cant guarantee that she’ll remember you.”
“It’s ok, I just want to spend time with her.” You smiled.
“All right.”

You spent the next month juggling schoolwork and visiting Kris’s grandmother everyday and to your surprise his grandmother actually managed to live off more than a month but she left soon after three months.
“You know…If it wasn’t for you, I don’t think grandma would live that long.” Kris commented while taking a stroll with you by the river.
“Mmm…” you were still overwhelmed with emotions from the funeral earlier on and everything related to his grandmother would make you even more emotional than the boy is.
“You’re a great person Jihyun. You are seriously a great and good girl.” He said while his hands grabbed yours swiftly. Everything was such a smooth act. From how he started to compliment you and the moment when he held you hands in his.
“I think… I think I'm falling for you.” He said while stopping in his tracks.
“No… I’ve already fallen for you.” He looked at you before placing his free hand on your cheeks.
“You .” You said before crying.
“Shush, I’m here.”
“I hate you, forever. Remember?” you choked on your tears and felt pretty pathetic for crying in front of him.
“But I’ll love you, forever.” Kris hugged you.
“Grandma would be so happy to see you in my arms right now, Jihyun.” He whispered onto the crown of your head.
“Mmm...” you said before crying even more.
“I love you.”
“I… love you too.” You said before crying even more.
“Stop crying shortie, you sound like a duck right now!” Kris teased you as he laughed at the way you were crying. You hit his chest and was about to wipe your tears away before Kris beat you to it.
“I’ll always be there to wipe your tears away.” He said before giving you a chaste kiss on your forehead – Forehead kisses were always a form of protection and in that moment, you knew that you could safely entrust your entire life to your archenemy and playmate since young, Kris Wu. 


Two more days till the end of 'Kris Collection Request 1.0!' Send in your request here before the 6th of October! Lastly, thank you to those who requested :) 

To the one who requested for this storyline, I hope that you enjoyed the story!
xoxo