Temperamental pt. 1

Kris collection

Bold = Flashbacks

Italics = Thoughts


"10 PM"

"11PM"

"12AM"

"1AM"

It dawn upon you that he wont be home till 3 in the morning again. So what if we were engaged, so what if we were together for six years, so what if we were the couple everyone looked up to, so what? All these dont matter to him anymore. He's no longer the same guy that you loved, he's no longer the guy that would sacrifice his time and whatever he had on hand for you. Maybe things changed, maybe he got busier because of his position in the company - CEO. Maybe he had someone else out there, maybe he was just sick of you yet he didnt want to dump you yet. Maybe he just....doesnt love you anymore. Every night, without fail, Kris would come home at 3.30 in the morning, excluding weekends when he would work his off on Saturday's and laze in bed on Sunday. It might seem like a good idea for him to laze in bed throughout the entire day because maybe then you could cuddle with him, but hey, he lazes on the convertible sofa in the study room, not your room. 

He has been like this for the past 4 months and both of you planned to hold your wedding during the month of October because it was the month where both of you fell in love with each other and it was also the month that was between both your birthday's - You were born in September while he was born in the month of November. "Five months left.." you spoke aloud as you laid on the clean yet cold white sheets, without your bedside partner. You shifted yourself to his pillow and sniffed it. "I miss you..." instead of going back to your side of the bed, you slept with your head on his pillow and the other half of your body was laid on the side of your bed. Beads of tears dripped off your face as you fell into a deep slumber. The passcode to the apartment was unlocked at approximately 3.45 AM. Kris was finally home. He removed his dress shoe and placed it neatly in his shoe rack. He walked over to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and found a post-it note on the table, it said, "Hey...I dont know if you'll be hungry but i left some soup for you. Re-heat it before drinking. Love, ___" he glanced over at the bowl, which was filled with his favourite chicken soup and decided to microwave it while he takes a shower.

He entered the room to be greeted by you and your awkward sleeping position. "___." he called while you remained dead asleep on the bed. "Aish." he sighed and was about to pull you back onto your side of the bed before he actually noticed how you were sleeping. He felt guilty for not being able to show you how much he loves you, especially during the past 4 months. He was just really exhausted because of work but he knew that this excuse wouldn't be good enough to cover up for all the pain he might have brought upon you through out the entire four months. You stirred in your sleep and extended your arms to hug his pillow even tighter. "mmmm....asdknawd, dont take my Kris away from me." you murmmered before spouting some incoherent words. Kris smiled and brushed away the strands of hair which were covering your beautiful face. "No one's taking your Kris away. Im sorry." Surprisingly you replied Kris even though you were asleep, "Thank you..Hehe, you're so nice." Kris laughed at your candid yet cute moment then left a kiss on your cheek before leaving for his shower.

It was a Saturday morning and you noticed that Kris was still sleeping beside you and not working his off. "Your eyes...your nose...your lips...you are perfect, yifan..." you whispered."But then...do you not love me anymore?" you continued whispering to yourself not worrying if Kris was listening. "I miss the old you...but i still love you." you gave him a peck and got out of bed to wash up and prepare breakfast. Just after you left the bed, his eyes shot open as he watched you maneuver about the room. Im sorry...I still love you, a lot. Please dont give up on me...wait for me.. he went back to sleep after awhile because you took too long to shower, just like the usual. "Baobei!!! You're taking so long!! Hurry come out nowwwwwww, hurry!! You've been in there for half an hour!! I need to go to work!!! Ya!!! If you're not coming out this instance, im going to budge in and shower with you!! Wait...ARE YOU OK!?!? BAOBEI ANSWER ME BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND. BAOBE-" "Sorry, i took a little longer today." you pouted and hugged him with your hair dripping wet. "You scared me...but it's ok, at least you're fine." Such precious memories....

You were in the midst of preparing breakfast when the ringing of your phone interrupted your momentum. "Hello?" "Hey sis, i was just thinking if I could leave En with you for a couple of days." "En?? Why? Are you going anywhere?" "My mother-in-law's sick and no one's home to look after her so I'll have to go over with your brother-in-law and i cant possibly bring En along because i'll be too busy looking after my mother-in-law. So..could you do me a kind favour and babysit En for a few days?? Please?" "Yeah sure...drop me a text before sending En over so that I can prepare food for her." "Thanks sis, i know that you're the most reliable. How's everything at home? You and Kris, good?" "Y-y-eah. We're...good. See you later on sis. Im preparing breakfast now. Kinda busy so..bye." "Ok bye~" you got off the phone and placed it on the table. Just then, Kris came down and sat himself at the dining table with newspapers in his hands.

"Who called?" "My sis." "Oh, what for?" "She's bringing En over. She needs me to babysit En for a couple fo days. You...wont mind right?" you glanced over, waiting for his reaction. "Sure. En's an adorable and witty girl. I wont mind her being around for a couple of days." Thank god. You served Kris his breakfast and left to prepare for En's arrival but before you left, Kris grabbed hold of your wrist. A familiar yet strange feeling came over you. "You....you're not eating?" you look at him, wide eyed and replied.."Erm...no..i need to prepare for En's arrival." he looked a little dejected and loosen his grip on your wrist, "Oh...ok.." "But i'll eat later?" But you're not eating with me... you tried to see if that would make him less dejected but he replied with a nod and continued reading his newspaper. Temperamental. You sighed inwardly and left to tidy up the guest room where En would be sleeping at for the next few days....

 

To be continued..


Sequel Sequel Sequel!! ^^