Temperamental pt.2

Kris collection

"姑姑!! 舅舅!!! (aunty and uncle)" En ran into your arms once she steadied herself after getting out of her mother's grip. 
"Hey En!~" you carried her tiny self and pinched her cheeks. "Did you miss 姑姑??" "Of course!!! I miss you a lot a lot a lot a lot!!" she replied and made hand gestures at you, indicating how much she missed you. "That's good. I missed you too." you said and gave her a peck on her cheeks, making her giggle. "妹 (sis), you and Kris should hurry get married and have a kid of your own. Judging from the way you interact with En, i believe that you'll make a great mum." you stiffened upon hearing your sister's words. "姐 (older sis)" Kris called your sis. "Hey Kris" your sis smiled and passed Kris a bag of stuff. "These are En's stuff, just make sure that someone reads her a story at night before she sleeps and she'll most probably sleep through the entire night without waking up. Unless she needs the loo or you know...tummyache. Other than that, she's not really fussy with food. Just make sure that she takes her greens." Kris nodded and took the bag over from your sis. "That should be all. Thank you, you two for babysitting En for me. I've got to go, her daddy's waiting downstairs. Bye En. Mummy loves you! See you in a couple of days and be good!" "Bye mimi, i love you." En gave her a flying kiss, making you chuckle at her silly actions. 

"Alright En, let's get you into more comfy clothings alright?" you carried her to the room with Kris followed behind. "Where do i place this?" he asked with a flat voice. You looked up and replied, "Just place it at the corner, on the chair. Thanks" you smiled and helped En change out of her clothes into a pair of shorts and shirt. Kris stood behind you, watching and unknowingly admiring your motherly skills. "D-Dont you have work to do?" you turned around to face him again. "Ah..I-I...yeah." he left the room abruptly with his palm behind his neck. He's embarrassed...oh Kris... you smiled at the thought of embarrased Kris. "Alright! We're done En!" You scooped her up and brought her down to the living room, far away from the study room which was upstairs because you were afraid that she would disturb Kris. "姑姑..." she tugged your shirt. "Hmm??" you looked down at her huge innocent doe eyes. "Where's 舅舅??" you were stunned by her question, "Er...erm....he's...busy working En. Why? you want to play with him??" "Mm!! Kris 舅舅 would always bring En out last time when i stayed over but now...he doesnt even play with En...does he not like En anymore??" she pouted and you cant help but look at her with regrets. It's not just you En...he does that to me too... "姑姑 will make you pudding alright? Dont be upset En." you carressed her cheeks. "Ok! 姑姑,  I want to watch powerpuff girls!!" "Okok, sit here and wait patiently while i prepare your pudding alright?" "Okie!" you switched the channel to the cartoon channel and left her alone in the living room while you went to prepare her pudding. 

Little did you know that, that little girl would leave the living room and climb up to second level where Kris was. She pushed the door which was ajar and waddled her way to where Kris was sitting. Noticing something near him, Kris looked down instinctively and was shocked to see En right beside him, smiling. 舅舅!!" En called out and stretched her arms out, urging Kris to carry her. He was at loss of words but still scooped her up into his arms and placed her on his lap. "What are you doing, 舅舅??" she fiddled with his huge hands. "Im doing work. Why are you up here and not watching your cartoon, En??" he her hair. "cause i miss 舅舅! Why wont you play with me anymore, 舅舅??" she pouted and looked up at Kris, demanding an explanation just like how you would always do in the past when Kris stopped doing something he used to do with you. So so so...much similarities... "Im sorry En, 舅舅's really busy with work. I promise to bring you out for ice cream later on ok??" "Really?!!!!" She cheered. "Really." he smiled. "Promise me!!" she held out her pinky. "Promise. Now go down or your aunt will be screaming for you" he said and did some weird hand movement which made En laugh out loud. She slipped off Kris's lap and waddled out of the room, but before that she turned back and said, "I love you, 舅舅." How nice would it be to have a child like her.. Kris smiled and continued typing away. 

"En!! Where did you go!!" you ran towards her carried her. "I went to visit 舅舅. hehe." she giggled and all her frustrations dissolved immediately. Sigh..this kid.. "姑姑, 舅舅 said that he will bring us out for ice cream!!" "Oh? He's not busy?" "He said, he will bring En out for ice cream once he's done with his work. Hehe. 舅舅 is the best!!" you smiled at how innocent she was, "Then what about me?? I made you pudding you know?" "You are the best too!!" En chuckled and took another spoon of pudding into . Around 3 in the afternoon, Kris left his study room to find two beautiful girls laying on the sofa; En's head on your lap while your head was placed on a pillow - both sound asleep. Unfortunately, you woke up almost immediately when you heard feets shuffling near you. "Hey... Sorry, I must have disturbed your sleep." he said. "no no..i just decided to wake up." "Mind getting En to wake up?" "Oh, ice cream huh?" "Yeah. You'll come right?" "Yup." you looked down at En and hit her gently to get her to wake up. "Ice cream....ice cream...舅舅 i want ice cream.." she murmmered. "Yes En, we're going for ice cream now." she smiled as she sat up from her sleeping position and shouted while getting off the sofa, "YAY!! Let's go let's go!!" You stretched yourself as you stood up from the sofa. "Hurry 姑姑!! You're so slow!!" she said while pulling you behind her and Kris. You, En and Kris were now on the way to the park nearby to get ice cream for En and you were still feeling groggy from the nap earlier on.

The three of you arrived and En was in Kris's arms while you were seating there, waiting for them to finish ordering. "En, what flavour do you want??" Kris asked. "Strawberry!!" "Ok. We'll have a strawberry and two chocolate then." "Is that it?" the lady at the counter asked. "Yup." Kris replied and fished out his wallet. "Your daughter's really adorable." that lady complimented. "Oh..she's..--" "hehehe, daddy???" En said cheekily catching Kris off guard though he still managed to smile, collect his change and collect the three cups of ice cream with En in his arms. "姑姑!! The aunty just said that Kris 舅舅's my daddy!! hehee" she continued giggling while you looked at her feeling really amused. Silence befalled upon the three of you for a moment but it didnt last for long till En asked a question which caught you and Kris in a really awkward and difficult position. "姑姑....why dont you and 舅舅 talk?? Daddy and Mummy would talk so much when they are together and they always neglect En...they spend a lot of time together at home too...why does 舅舅 always work and not play with 姑姑?? Are the two of you angry with each other?? 姑姑 did you take 舅舅's toys????" she questioned out of curiosity. 

"Uh...that...well..En....it's not like that." Kris patted her head. "We..." he tried explaining but was cut off by you. "You see En, this is just how we communicate." you smiled and wiped . "Eh??" she tilt her head. "But both of you dont even talk!" her remark made you really ponder on your communication skills with Kris... She's right...Even a four years old kid can tell apart...what more us.... Both of you remained silent and as if En understood, she didnt probe anymore but finished up her ice cream quietly. The walk home was awkwardly silent too, you had no idea what to say to Kris and you couldn't talk to En because she was fast asleep in Kris's arms hence both of you were totally awkward with each other, despite being together and being engaged for such a long time. "Leave En to me, I'll bring her to the room." Kris suggested. "Uh..no it's ok, i'll need to get her clothings for her shower later on anyway." "Then you get her clothes while i bring her to the room." you nodded and followed behind him. After Kris placed En onto the bed while you sort out her clothings, Kris went over to you and grabbed your wrist once again, "We need to talk." he said solemnly and dragged you over to the room both of you shared. 


Cliff hangerrrr. hehe. I didnt expect this chapter to be so long, so...please bear with me! Sorry if the chinese character's confuse you too!

舅舅 means Uncle
姑姑 means Aunty
妹 means younger sister
姐 means older sister

So subscribe and comment! Thank you ^-<