Runaway

Kris collection

'Saranghaeyo!’ you shifted from your position in bed and grabbed your phone from the bedside table. Kris, too shifted in bed and draped his arms around your waist in attempt to pull you back to sleep and also closer to him. You frowned at the text message which involved stupid things like, ‘I miss you a lot, can we meet up?’ from your ex boyfriend which was a jerk douche. You sighed and locked your phone before placing it onto the bedside table and returning to your safe haven – Kris. Your one and only.

“Who was that?” Kris mumbled into your nape, partially nuzzling against it.
“Just some stranger. Go to sleep baby.” You played around with his hair for a brief moment before falling back asleep. You were constantly disturbed by your ex boyfriend ever since he saw you walking down the street, laughing and joking with Kris. He wouldn’t stop texting you and worse still, call you while you’re working or late in the night. You rejected his ridiculous request by telling him to stop texting you on his first few attempts of texting you but him texting you continuously after that wasn’t what you had planned. It was so disturbing that Kris started suspecting and was certainly irritated by those text messages, which were sometimes invading your intimate time with Kris.

 “Minhee, who was that last night?” Kris leaned over to give you a back hug before kissing you on the cheek.
“Huh? Erm, just some stranger I guess?” you continued making breakfast without looking at him.
“Really?” he eyed you suspiciously.
“Uh… Yeah?” you turned back for a brief moment to see Kris with his hands placed on his waist.
“Fine. Will breakfast be done soon? I’m starvingggg” your lover whined as you turned back to your work station.
“Soon big hungry bear.”
“It’s koala to you.”
“Yes definitely, my big hungry koala bear.” You teased while placing his breakfast on the plate.

You decided to head for the shower after breakfast while Kris does the dishes – “I’m so lucky to have you.” You gave him a quick smooch on his cheeks and ran up to your room. Kris smiled as he did the dishes but the thought of who texted you last night and every other day never vanished. Being the paranoid man of yours, he walked over to your phone, which you left on the table and went through your text messages. ‘Lisa, Anne, Lay, Baekhyun… Keith?!” He was taken aback to see your ex boyfriend’s name in your conversation list and opened it immediately without much hesitation or thought if he was invading your privacy. He scrolled all the way to the top of the conversation and was about to read through the messages before you ran down and called for him.

“Kris? What are you doing?” the boy was dumbfounded. He glanced from the phone and then to you and then back at the phone.
“What are you doing with my phone?” you asked again – sounding more demanding. Kris looked at you and turned the phone so that its screen was now facing you.
“Why are you still contacting him?” Kris asked.
“I…. He…” You didn’t know why you stuttered when you clearly had nothing going on with your ex – you were probably just tongue tied because you didn’t expect Kris to find out about it.
“Are you… cheating on me?” he asked, his voice getting weary.
“What?!” you yelled – unintentionally, again.
“Are you guilty? Why are you yelling?” Kris took a step closer towards you – His aura clearly showed that he was angry.
“No. Why should I be guilty of something that I didn’t do?” you replied him in a calm tone but your insides were flipping inside out.
“Then why did you yell? Am I not good enough or is he more satisfactory to you?” Kris raised his eyebrow; his ears were already red.
“What are you driving at Kris? Are you saying that I had with him?” you retorted.
“Did you not? What’s with all these, ‘I miss you, I need you now, Can you meet?’ text messages?!” He yelled and at that moment you knew that he lost it, he lost his cool.
“I did not reply to any of those texts Kris. How dare you degrade and accuse me so blatantly.” You glared at him before walking away with tears b. He pulled you back but you flung your arm out of his grip and ran back up. After a couple of seconds, you were down with your wallet and was heading towards the door.
“So you’re leaving me to find him now, aren’t you!” He shouted at you.

Without looking back, you wiped your tears with your right hand and left the apartment, torn. Kris was clearly even more frustrated after witnessing your leaving. It was the first time you’ve ever done such a thing and he wasn’t expecting something so dramatic – not until he recalled what he said. He looked down at the phone, which he was still holding onto and sat himself down on the couch nearby to read through the conversation. When he was done with the conversation, guilt was the only emotion that he was feeling. It was true that you didn’t reply your ex’s messages except for the first few time yet Kris chose to not trust you.

He ran back up to his room, grabbed his keys and left the house to search for you. It was dangerous to leave you alone out in town for you always got lost and your sense of directory was probably even worse than Google maps. Unconsciously biting onto his knuckles and turning the steering wheel, Kris realized how much of an idiot he was towards you earlier on and how much he wished that you were right by his side now – ‘You douche. Look what you’ve done.’ Meanwhile, you made your way to your brother, Lay’s place for you didn’t know where else and who else you could turn to. The two were surprised by your sudden self-invitation to their place but still welcomed you with open arms. “What happened? Why are you alone? Where’s Kris?” Lay’s wife, Anne asked. They were probably expecting words like, “Oh, he’s parking his car. He’ll be here later” from you but what escalated from your lips made them gasps in shock. “You ran away?” Lay asked with his quizzical look while handing you a cup of water. You shrugged and nodded before taking a sip of the drink. “That’s a really silly thing to do, are you out of your mind?” Lay reprimanded you but deep down you knew that he was worried about you. Anne squeezed his thighs softly and nudged him to inform Kris that you were over at their place. “What happened, Minhee? I trust that you have a valid reason for… running away. Even I feel like running away from your brother on certain days.” You smiled at your sister-in-law’s quirky reply. This was what you really loved about them, Anne would always tease Lay in which Lay would nag at her for doing so but they still ended up laughing at each other’s joke – And that made you miss Kris.

 While you were getting yourself comfortable and listening to the stories which Anne was saying, the door bell chimed and Lay went over to get it.
“I got it. You sit there and continue knocking some sense into this little girl for me.” He glared at you for a brief second in which you returned by sticking out your tongue before he reached for the door.
“Oh, Kris. It’s been long!” Lay welcomed him in and in that second, you felt like your entire world was gone. ‘They betrayed me!’ Instinctively, you tried to make your way past them and to the door but was stopped by Kris.
“Can we talk?” he held you by your arm.
“Talk to me when you decide to trust me.” You replied before attempting to barge your way out of the house.
Just then Lay stepped in and pushed you towards Kris, making your back hit against Kris's chest.
“Yixing…” you whined but was denied of any kind of help.
“Where are your manners, young woman. I’m your brother and you’re calling me by my name.” He glared at you and pushed the both of you into their spare room.
“But I always call you that and you never scolded me before!” Lay couldn’t be bothered by your petty arguments and ushered the both of you into the room by waving his hands.

“So now what.” You sat on the bed and sulked. Kris chuckled at your expressions and kneeled in front of you, holding onto your hands tenderly.
“I’m sorry baby. I shouldn’t have doubted you. Sorry for the mean and unkind words that I said.” Kris rubbed your hands gently and put on the look which you certainly could not resist.
“Ask for forgiveness now or thy princess will punish you to no ends!” you said playfully while poking his forehead making him scrunch his nose.
“Thy royal highness, the princess of Kris, your dumb koala boy friend’s heart, will you please forgive him for being obnoxious and dumb? Pretty pretty, please?” He kissed your hands while kneeling on his right knee.
“Very well. The dumb and obnoxious prince is forgiven!” you laughed as he got up to hug you.
“Sorry. I'm really sorry.” He carressed the back of your head before giving you a peck on your lips.
“I should have told you. I'm sorry too.” You smiled as you were greeted by his genuine and comforting smile.
“Let’s go home and cuddle up for some movie marathon?” Kris suggested.
“ALL HAIL THY PRINCE!!” You laughed and made your way out of the room, marching by the two, which supposedly ‘betrayed’ you earlier, but you were now thankful to.

“You’re really easy to coax, Minhee.” Lay teased.
“Shush!” you replied him while linking arms with Kris.
“Have a safe ride home!” Anne said before waving goodbye to the both of you.
“Thy princess will never runaway from thy prince’s side and will never runaway from home ever again, alright?” he asked in full seriousness.
“Yes sir!” you smiled and hugged him by his side. 


First request up! I hope that you're satisfied!!
Anyway, thank you to these people who upvoted, Kris Collection! I love you all very very much!
Let us keep on loving EXO in the right way!!!
EXO fans, Saranghaja! <3

xoxo