Daddy's black pearl

Kris collection

It’s been 6 wonderful months since the loveliest creature; Carol Wu was brought into the world. She brought the both of you countless funny and jittery moments and no doubt was it accompanied with tons of sleepless nights, but the both of you were satisfied and happy with her being. Whether it was to wake up in the middle of the night to hoax or coax her to sleep, change her diapers, feed her, bathe her and play with her, the both of you were never once reluctant but were always willing to do so because she was your one and only precious daughter.
And she, was Kris’s black pearl.

“Baby, crawl to dada!” the lanky dad of hers called for her as he crouched down as much as he could to reach her level and was desperately patting onto the spot before his legs, as if calling for her via verbal language wasn’t enough.
“Come here baby! Crawl to dada!” Kris pats the same spot again, calling out for his daughter.
The little heart throb sat on the ground and looked at Kris with curious wide eyes then stuck her tongue out at him before giving him a cheeky smile – a smile that melts his heart, every single time. Kris gave in to his daughter’s cheeky antics and crawled over to her direction but was greeted with a squeal as she started to crawl away from him.

“I’m coming to catch you!” he said before crawling faster. You might wonder, how awkward was it for a guy so tall to be on the floor crawling? Well, my only answer to that will be, as long as it makes his black pearl happy, he’d do everything and anything just to see her smile or better still, laugh. She was indeed the apple of his eyes.
“Caught you!” Kris said before pulling her onto his lap. “Are you still going to run away from dada??” he hugged her and settled himself onto the play mat. She looked up at her dad and blabbered gibber at him then gave him her famous ‘I think I just pooped’ face. Kris groaned as he picked her up and brought her into the room to get her diapers changed. “If there’s one thing that I realized about you after 6 months Carol, it would definitely be your digestive system. You digest food way faster than anyone in this household.” Kris looked at her and pinched her tiny nose, which resembled his.

“boooooooo” she stuck out her tongue, probably in protest towards her dad’s words and started touching Kris’s cheeks. “Dada has really smooth skin, right?” his ego was at its highest point as his daughter leaned closer to kiss him, which he returned with a smooch. She giggled and shook her tiny arms as Kris laid her down. Within a couple of minutes, Kris was done with changing her diapers and he carried her up and threw her upwards for a couple of times. Her giggles resounded in his ears as he brought her closer to his chest. “You’ll be such a heartbreaker when you grow older baby. Just like your mum.” He kissed her cheeks and brought her into the master bedroom.

“Be quiet ok? Mummy’s sleeping.” He sat her down in the middle of the bed and watched her tumble over to you, instantly fiddling with your hair. Kris sat onto his side of the bed and watched his daughter adoringly. “That’s what dada will do to mummy when she’s sleeping too, you know that don’t you?” he played with his daughter’s hair as she giggled continuously. You woke up due to that familiar giggling and turned to face your daughter who was smiling at you as she placed her small palms on your face and leaned down to kiss you on the nose. “Seems like someone’s in a good mood?” you smiled as you hugged her and returned her kiss. “Do I get one too?” Kris brought himself closer to you and carried Carol away from your arms. “Certainly.” You kissed him as you lay on his arm with Carol sitting on his tummy.

“It must have been hard on you darling.” You his face and nuzzled closer to him.
“She was really obedient earlier on though. Oh, I changed her diapers too. That girl poops too much. She probably got that from you.” Kris teased you tas you hit him lightly.
“Hey! That’s a good thing alright!” the atmosphere was light and happy before Kris started looking rather serious.
“I can for see something.” Kris said in a rather serious tone.
“What?” you looked up at him.
“Our baby’s going to be such a heart breaker in future. She’s gonna have so many guys lining up for her; I think I might go crazy if she comes home with a boyfriend.” Kris was looking intently at Carol as she entertained herself by tugging onto his shirt.

“That would be a long time later Kris~” you chuckled and hit him lightly, again.
“No, I'm serious. I might go insane.” He looked down at you with a serious face.
“Seriously?” you laughed as his over protective father instincts kicked in.
“She will be fine and we will be outgoing parents, alright?” you continued laughing at him as he watched his black pearl sprawl herself onto his tummy, giggling and laughing occasionally while looking at Kris.
“Seems like our baby’s laughing at you too.” You couldn’t help but continue laughing at him. Well not until his eyes met yours.
“Maybe… maybe we should have a baby boy. Maybe then you’ll feel what I'm feeling.” You knew that familiar glint in his eyes and you were damn sure what he wanted.
“How about…. No?” you poked his cheeks and attempted to get out of his arms but was pulled back instantly.
“Let’s coax Carol to sleep and then…. We can attempt to sleep too.” He winked at you as he sat up instantly and brought Carol out of the room.