Kang Joo's wish

School 2013 Fanfic

Heung Soo blew his both hand a heat. He robbed it together to create some warm. He sat on a metal-made bench near the miniature waterfall. The waterfall was lighted in blue, red, and green LEDs. With some beautifull flowers on every each side of the pond. It was actually a front decoration of a five-stars hotel acrossed from Sun Mi ajumma's restaurant. The combination of the LEDs contrast with the colorfull flowers, and the LEDs made the waterfall as real as the big one. And the sound of the water when splashed into the pond somehow make your heart at ease.

Heung Soo for some times closed his eyes. Smiling. Grinning. Whoever saw him would might think he was enjoying the relaxing waterfall behind. But the fact is he was recalling the stupid coincident that made him endded up 'working' with Kang Joo. He his hair on the spot where Kang Joo had been touch.

He snorted softly, "Eishhh...what am I doing now?".

Then suddenly he felt a heat on his right cheek. He looked up over his shoulder. There was Kang Joo holding a plastic glass of hot coffee. were twisted in disgust.

"what's with that smile? Eyeing some preety girls passing by?"

Heung Soo snatched one of the coffee, "yeah. Especially in a very short skirt!"

Kang Joo's mouth fell open but she doesn't throw him any words. She just shook her head in disbelief before She sat beside Heung Soo and slowly slurped the coffee. After half of the coffe sunk into , she exhaled.

"Ahhh...it's really good". She raised the coffee in front of her face. "the best way to have a glass of hot coffee it's when you exhausted from work in the middle of winter night..." she said, more to herself.

"Cih. You're overwhelming!" He mocked, took a slurp as well.

"And you know what makes it thousand times better?" Kang Joo turned her head toward Heung Soo. He too paid her gaze.

"Drink it together with friend." she added raised one her brow. Heung Soo gulped hard made his throat got sting. He looked away, "you sounded like teacher Jung allready..." he said. Kang Joo hissed him. She elbowed him softly on the flank, but it felt tickled instead of hurts.

They both drank the rest of the coffee in silent. Heung Soo keep glaring at Kang Joo. He has question on his mind but he doubt whether to ask or not. But it rather awkward to be in silent, so he decided to ask.

"Ya Lee Kang Joo. What is behind all those part-time jobs you've done? Aren't you supposed to spend more times in study since you crazily after the 'S' University. And plus Song Ha Kyung said your mom wouldn't let you doing any kind of jobs". It's been a few minutes passed by since Heung Soo endded his words but Kang Joo seems doesn't want to give him any answer. She only eyed the ground and bit her lower lip.

"Cih. Who was the one keep mumbling about 'sharing' to me," Heung Soo said, got pissed.

"keurae!," she finally said, "I'll show you..." she grabbed his hand and led him toward a boutique nearby. She stopped in front of a window-shop. Heung Soo bent down to cellect his breath.

"That is the reason why".

Heung soo heard she mumbling. He gazed up to see Kang Joo whose eyes glued to the headless manequin inside. It wearing a red-classy-famous branded-coat.

Heung Soo straighten his back with a frowning forhead he said, "Uuh..I never Knew you're interested in fashion too..."

Kang Joo nudged him, harder this time.

"Not for me! Fot my mom!".

"your mom?"

She nodded, brought her face closer to the glass, she skimming the coat. "When I first time saw it, I imagined that on my mom. She'll looks great. She never had a nice coat to cover her body from the cold weather. And for once in my life I want to buy her a preety coat like that". She explained in expression mix of sad and happy. Heung Soo glanced at the prize tag. Soon enough his eyes widened from reading the 500.000 won it costed the coat.

"woow. That's lots of money!"

"that's why I've done a lot of works, genius" she snapped, "all the money I got from works plus my saving, those will cover the half"

"and what about the other half?"

"find more Job I guess. Before my mom get back from Busan"

"trust me, the money that costed the coat, that would need a whole life time working"

Kang Joo sigh in desperate, "I Know...but at least I'll try. Little by Little..." she smiling in her exhausted face and black circles under her eyes.

Heung Soo understand how she felt. Wanting to made a person to be happy. He was also doing the same, continuing school for the sake of his Noona who wanted him to graduate high school this year. Kang Joo suddenly spun around. She looked to her watched,

"It's almost late. Let's go home!" she walked ahead. Without a word He followed her toward the bus shelter.