Midnight Chats

School 2013 Fanfic

Heung Soo looked at Kang Joo who were sitting a chair away from him on the bus. They were on their way to home. Since she stop crying, she didn't say a word after that. She just sitting still like frozen statue. Her eyes rarely blinking too. Heung Soo could feel that she was really down. She really needs time to be alone. He kept scratching his head in confused when he found himself speechless, no idea of what should to say nor what he should do. He wasn't good in comforting people. That's why he decided to sit in a bit distance from her.

The bus pulled in to their home district's shelter. Heung Soo waited Kang Joo to stand up and get off from bus. But she keep still, frozen. When the bus started to move again he rushed to push the stop bell. As the result the driver break in sudden then turned his head at him in angry. He bowed him an apology then walked to Kang Joo whose eyes still glued to whatever outside the window.

"Lee Kang Joo. We're Here!" He said in a bit high tone in order to make her come back to earth.

She finally looked at him. "Oh...Keurae..." She raised to her feet and got off from bus.

She kept shout along the way. She walked with her head down. Unawarely, she bumped at the half drunk pedestrian man. Heung Soo fast manage him an apology in behalf. He glanced at her pale face as she continued walk. He shook his head in disbelief as he watching her back getting further. He feel uneased and scared that she might get into a big trouble if she keep act like that.

He was right, he almost had a heart attack when Kang Joo unconsciously walking toward a running car and almost got herself hit, but fortunately Heung Soo pulled her aside before that happen.

"YA! LEE KANG JOO!" He finally yelled her. He grabbed Kang Joo by her shoulder and shook it a bit. "Are you dumb! You almost got yourself killed!"

Kang Joo too looked at him in shocked, her body trembled.

"Just because you losing one damn coat, it doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Get back to your sense!" His scream made Kang Joo finally wake up from her depressed.

"I'm - I'm sorry...I".

"Eissssh. Let's go home. You need a rest" Heung Soo grabbed her hand and led her walking on the street, just make sure she won't get into another trouble.

A big hole of guilt grew in Kang Joo's heart. She embarrassed too. The moment when she cry in front of him made her wanted to sink herself down into the ground. It's the first time for her to cry in front of someone else. She afraid that He might thought her overly emotional, and he would might make fun of her for being a crybaby.

"Just Laugh" she said suddenly.

"What?" He asked without looking at her.

" You must think I'm a crybaby, don't you? Just laugh. I won't mind"

He sigh and said, " You indeed looked weird when you cry. But I wasn't amused at all. So don't ever to cry again."

Cause that makes me hurts, he added, inside his heart.

Kang Joo just let out a soft scoff when she heard him saying. She glanced up to see his face. He really was, worried about her. Kang Joo felt his hand adjusting his grip on her. When he hold her hand, it created a sensation of calming, warmed, and relief as well. She smiled to the fact that aside of ashamed, she glad that Heung Soo was always by her side when she was feeling down. It's fine if he didn't say any craps to make her feel better, his presence was more than enough.

They both remain silent as they walking on the street with Heung Soo still holding on to Kang Joo's hand. Anyone who see them might mistake them as a real young couple.

"It's here..." She said as they finally reached in front of her house.

Heung Soo glanced down at his hand that held Kang Joo's hand. He released her fast along with a fake cough came out from his mouth. The weird feeling crept into Kang Joo's heart when Heung Soo released her hand off. Her heart screaming, that doesn't want to let go.

"Go get inside. Get some sleep" He motioned to the house with cold poker face. Then he turned away, ready to leave.

"Park Heung Soo!" She called, to make him turned back at her again. He did, still with a cold face.

"I'm afraid I couldn't sleep. Can I call you If I can't sleep? It's fun to have a little midnight chat. I often do it with Ha Kyung. We should try it once, you know, since we're friend..." She said a bashful tone, she bit her lower lip waiting for his respond. Heung Soo gave her a hard to read expression. Then she added, "It's Ok if you don't..."

"Fine. You can call" he said in flat voice. He nodded once and turned his back to her again.

"And thanks for walking me home. And thanks for the movie, too. I'm really having so much fun".

"Hmmmm..." Heung Soo let out a short hum as his respond. Then he finally walked away.

"I-I'll see you at school then...!" She exclaimed as she watched him getting further. While he walking down the street he raised his right hand up and waved to her shortly. She too waved back with a smile before she walked inside her house.

* * *

Heung Soo cursed and sigh sharply as he raised his body that kept tossing back and forth. Now he was the one who couldn't sleep.

"Eisssssh! Why she has to say that she would call? See, no call. She probably sleeping right now. Aarghh! She messed up with my head again!" He laid back and covered his body with blanket. Then he heard his phone rang. He got up fast so his knee pecked against the edge of the desk. He winced in pain and covered his mouth to restrain a scream. His painful face soon enough turned aout to be a smirked as he looked at the screen that showing there is a phone call from, Lee Kang Joo.

Then he completely forgot about his bruised knee.

Unconsciously, he cleared his throat before he pushed the receive button. "Hmmm...Wae?" He managed his voice to sounded as if he was in the middle of sleeping.

"Are you sleeping?" Kang Joo asked in a guilt tone.

"Hmmm..."

"Ah, sorry. I better hang up now..."

"Don't!" He yelled. Then he felt awkward. "Eh...I'm just a bit annoyed cause you call when I'm about to win...a...world cup...trophy...???" He frowned to himself. What a weird excuse.

Kang Joo giggled, "You dreamed that?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I thought you already get over it. In becoming a professional soccer player, I mean"

"I am. But still it was once became the most important thing in my life"

"Ahhh...I See. So, tell me the story!"

"What story? Euh...You mean..a bed time stories?" He made a face.

"YA. How old you think I am? Four? No. I mean the story about you and Go Nam Soon. How you two ended up be friend, disbanded and then attached to each other again"

"Why do you want to know?" He gulped his saliva when he recalling all the bad and good memories. "It's a boy things you know"

"Well, I don' Know. I just want to get to know you a lot more from now on"

Heung Soo's heart skiped a beat. His heart went pit-a-pat against his chest again. But why she said that as easy as she said she want to eat Hot Dog? Meanwhile,he became shivered and his mind went blank after he heard she said that.

"Ya Park Heung Soo, are you still alive?" Kang Joo noticed his silent. Then she realized something. She regret she asked. It must be a hard time for him that he doesn't even want to recall. "It's Ok if you don't want to tell me, I understood..."

"We met each other when we were in elementary school..." Heung Soo started.

And Kang Joo let out a long "Aaaah..." As her respond.

"Cause we both tall, it was hard for us to fit in with others, that's why we made a gang...that consist only the two of us, but soon some friends joined too. We used to prank everyone else, silly things" he snorted.

"Yeah. You got me once remember. Very effective" she mocking.

"Eissssh. You want me to tell or not?"

"All right. Go on, go On!" She laughed.

Then Heung Soo told her the whole stories. The bads and goods. Kang Joo laughing hard to their habit of eating ramen always, and act silly to each other. Also their hobbies in reading comic books istead of studying. She even claimed that if He and Nam Soon were reborn, they must be born as wife and husband. And she also called them a bunch of weirdos in Seung Ri high, a couple of troublemaker that worse than Oh Jung Ho cause problems seems revolved around them.

While Heung Soo heard Kang Joo laughing like a crazy person, he smiled. He felt a warm in his heart. She must be feeling better now, he thought. When he was in the middle of story-telling, he stoped. No more respond on the other line. Then he heard a breathing sound and a soft snore too.

"Eissssh, I yeoja ga. She fell a sleep allready" Heung Soo groan in disbelief, but then he scoffed and smiling, listen to her sound of breathing. So peaceful.

"Now you seems better now, Lee Kang Joo" He said even knew she doesn't listen. "Just keep laughing as crazy as you want from now on. Just don't cry. It makes me hurt to see you cry, you know..."

"You're prettier when you smile and laugh and...Eisshhh what am I talking about?! Just sleep. Tight sleep! I'm going to sleep too ( ˆ⌣ˆ ) Bye!"

He hung up. He streched his vexed back and neck. He glanced the clock, It's already almost five O'clock. Wow, he didn't realized he'd been talking for almost three hours on the phone. And Kang Joo is the only one who made him like that. He wraped himself with a blanket. Thanks today is sunday, so he doesn't have to go to school. He just going to have a looong sleep.

He feel asleep with a grin on his lips. But he doesn't realized when Kang Joo fell asleep, her cheek accidentaly pushed the record button. So, all his sweet words for her were recorded.

To be continued...

*** I kind of busy lately. So this is the best that I can come up with. If you think the stories seems too slow, just comment. I'll try to do better. I don't know yet in how many chapters it would be end. But, just wondering...I better to end this fict by the two couple endded up married or just officially become couple? Please answer ^.^ Kamsahamnida.