Long Distance Aproaches 2

School 2013 Fanfic

Heung Soo Kept Staring at the Paper that he held tightly. His mind went blank. He couldn’t decide whether to be happy or sad but he felt both in the same time. Prof. Kim had offered him the program. He explained every benefit that might he get if he accept the offer. But to Heung Soo, the only thing he thought about is Kang Joo. If he take this offerr, that means he should leave her. Two years might be not long enough, but he couldn’t imagine spend his days away from her.

“Does she know about this?” that was the first respond he gave to Prof. Kim after a long time drowning in the deep thought.

Prof. Kim has presumed his respond, so he just staring at him and sigh softly. “No” he lied. He thought he better be. Maybe Kang Joo wanted Heung Soo to tell her himself.

Heung Soo went silent again. His eyes skiming the paper as if it hasn’t clear enough. As Prof. Kim reading Heung Soo’s face that clearly written a big doubt on it and might endded up throwing away the good oppprtunity in front of him, he quickly added. “But I’m really sure that she wanted you to take this opportunity. She wants you to be happy and success, I know that and I bet you too know that”.

“But it’s too sudden, Kyosu-nim. I-I don’t know how to tell her”

“Just tell her the truth, what’s the problem?”

 “Do you ever tell someone you loved that you’re going to leave?” Heung Soo asking him in a disbelief sound, that professor always act like he knows everything.

Heard the questions teacher kang crossed his arms, “I did. To my wife. My wife and I are CC too, like you and Kang Joo. I was once in your position like you are right now, and I left her, for four years. Longer than I should…”

“So, how does it feel, when you tell her that you’re going to leave?”

Prof. Kim bit her lower lip, “It was hurt. She was crying. I went crazy by rejecting the offer but then she mad and blame herself for being an obstacle for my future, we broke up…” Prof. Kim stopped his word as he notice Heung Soo’s frighten expression as the word ‘broke up’  was mentioned. “Well, it wa just a process you know. Love needs sacrifice as well as pursuing your dream” he added try to comforting him

“I don’t know Prof, Im not ready for this” Heung Soo placed down the paper and staring at Prof. Kim in certain.

Prof. Kim started to look worried, “Look, If you worried about Kang Joo I’ll take care of her. I’ll make sure that there are no other guys would come to near her and try to seduce her” he joking a bit try to loose the intense.

“Im worrying about ‘you’  trying to seduce her, Kyosu-nim” Heung Soo replied sharply made he got a smacked on his head.

“I got wife, IMMA!” The young Professor didn’t believe to see the fact that his one of best student really likes his girlfriend. Somehow he saw himself in Heung Soo, because he did exactly the same. “Park Heung Soo, I don’t want to hear ‘No’ for you. I’ll help you prepare everything. The result will be out within couple of months”

Couple of months? He only got couple of months left with Kang Joo?

“Why I have to? Why me?”

“Cause you got the talent, you stupid. Don’t waste it or you’ll regret it!”

^_^     ^_^    ^-^

Kang Joo laughing as she watching the other side of Nam Soon who surprisingly good at dancing, and now he kept showing the seducing dance toward his girlfriend, Ha Kyung who was embarrassed at first but then she too play along with Nam Soon. Kang Joo shook her head in disbelief, then she realized that was her time to leave them alone. She walked back to their seat and then she drinks her beer as she groping inside her bag, looking for her phone. As her eyes trying to find it, she frozen at the paper inside. She pulled it out and read it again, though she read it before.  She was looking at Heung Soo’s future. That will make him go miles miles away from her.

“What is it?” Ha Kyung and Nam Soon suddenly showed up and in fast Ha Kyung snatched the paper from Kang Joo.

Ha Kyung took her seat as her eyes peering down, trying hard to figure out of what the paper saying under the lame-light. “Oh, it was our school’s students exchange program. Are you going to enlist for this, Kang Joo-ya?” she asked.

Kang Joo didn’t gave her any respond. She just drink the beer fast.

“It said it’s for the Faculty of Jurnalism” Nam Soon read along beside Ha Kyung which soon make everything clearer.

“Ommo! Seolma, it’s for Park Heung Soo?” Ha Kyung cupped along with a gasped came out from .

Kang  Joo gave her a weak smile, even obvious enough under the flash light of the club. “It’s a good thing, isn’t it? It’s good chance for him to pursue his future” she gulped another glass of beer.

“But it means that he has to leave you for two years. Two years, Kang Joo” Ha Kyung raised her two finger in front of Kang Joo.

“No big deal. Im fine with that” she opened another bottle and pour into her glass and drinks.

“Really?” This time Nam Soon tried to assure of her. Nam Soon kept watching her drinking from one glass to another until she emptied the whole bottle up.

“There is a possibility for him to stay longer than he should, you know. If he offered a job there or something” Nam Soon placed the soju bottle away from Kang Joo.

Kang Joo whose hand held a glass and ready to slip it into frozen for a while, untill she smiled again, “Well, that’s better”  she sank the beer fastly and pouring into another glass, but it’s empty. She snatched the bottle that actually belongs to Ha Kyung. She drinks it directly from the bottle.  She let out a long ‘ah’ sound and wiped form the residue. Her acted made her looks aboviously nervous and perhaps, upset.

Ha Kyung whisper at Nam Soon after watching her bestfriend attitude, “Why did you have to say that?”

“Told you it might happened” he whispered back and realized Kang Joo tried to snatched his soju, he quickly took it away. “It’s mine Kang Joo-Ya”

“Oh,” Kang Joo were felt dumb a bit. And she looking around, asking the waiter for more beers or sojus.

“Are you really ok with that? You seems aren’t” Ha Kyung asked in worried.

“Do I say that? Told you Im fine!”  she smiled between her snift assigning she started to feel high.

“Heung Soo is coming” Nam Soon informed at the girls.

Kang Joo quickly hid the paper behind her and she waved at Heung Soo with a weird laugh, “Heung Soo-Ya, over here!”

As Heung Soot ok a seat next to her, Kang Joo poured a beer into the glass and handed it to Heung Soo, she also poured it for herself and raised the glass. “Congratulation, Park Heung Soo!” she exclaimed.

Heung Soo’s heart skiped a beat. Congatulation? Did she know?

“For what, Kang Joo?”

“Eiiii, did you forget?” She bumped him hard and turned to Ha Kyung and Nam Soon who were staring at her in worried, “He got an A+ for his article report today” she pointing to Heung Soo. “Amazing right? So cheers!” Kang Joo bumped her glass with Heung Soo’s and then drink alone.

“How many beers did you have, Kang Joo-Ya?”

“Not so many. Don’t worry. I have high tolerant” she wiped giggling.

Heung Soo  turned at Ha Kyung who motioned to the two emptied bottles in front of Kang Joo. He sigh.

“Sooou, how was your date with Prof. Kang? What was so important?” Kang Joo rested her chin on her right hand’s palm. She smiling at him.

Heung Soo gulped hard and avoiding her eyes, “Nothing. He just asked me to help him to do some jobs, that’s it” He too finally drinked fast the beer. It’s not the right time to tell her, he thought.

“That’s-it? Rea-ly?” Kang Joo pressed the words slowly. She notice him kept trying to avoide her eyes. She felt wanted to scream at him at that time but she hold it. Maybe he needs time. But waiting for him to tell was so frustrating. So, Kang Joo took Nam Soon’s bottle and drink fast.

“Ya, Kumanhae!” Ha Kyung pulled her hand which held the soju away from .

Kang Joo stood up and gazed down at Heung Soo. “Let’s dance!” she said

“What? Dance? No…” Heung Soo shook his head.

“Come on! Just for a while!” she tried to pulled him up but Heung Soo pushed her back to her seat.

“No, you drunk. Sit!”

Kang Joo hissed at him and stood up again, “Cih! Im not drunk! You’re sooo not fun!”  she walked away through the crowded toward the dance floor.

“What is wrong with her?” Kang Joo asked Nam Soon and Ha Kyung.

“She was sad Heung Soo” Ha Kyung answered and sigh deeply.

“Sad? About what?”

“About that” Nam Soon pointing to the back of Heung Soo and his eyes motioned to the paper lied on the couch.

Heung Soo pick it up and read it. Soon enough he groaned hard and covered his face with his both hands. Damn. She knew. It must be Prof. Kim who told her. That old bastard lied to him. Heung Soo massaging his both temples. He has no idea wha to do.

“How is your decision?Did You take it?” asked Ha Kyung.

“Prof. Kim forced me to. I don’t Know. Maybe… I take it. But to see her like that….”

“You really need to have a talk with her. Here!” Nam Soon tossed him a car key. “Take her home, and explained everything to her.

“But it’s your boss’s car. Is it ok If I use it?”

“No prob. As long as you returned it in one piece” and he turned to Ha Kyung, “Ha Kyung-ah. Is it ok if we take taxi to home?”

Ha Kyung nodded in sure, “Im fine. And Heung Soo, please don’t messed everything up. She was upset right now”

Heung Soo stood up and pick Kang Joo’s bag, “Thanks guys!” and he leave them.

Heung Soo lookin for Kang Joo among the dancing people. There she is. Surrounding by a guys? And she looks enjoyed it? WHAT THE HELL!

“Let’s go home, Kang Joo-Ya!” Heung Soo grabbed her hand and pulled her away but soon she snapped his hand from her.

“No. I still want to dance. Oppa…let’s dance together,” she pulled Heung Soo in and dance again. Heung Soo dragged her away until they were outside the club.

“YAH! What is wrong with you?!”

“Chib-e kaja…” Heung Soo held her hand and led her toward the car.

“Eissh! “ She pushed him hard, “Don’t treat me like Im drunk. Im not drunk!”

“You are, Kang Joo. Let’s go”

“No. I can prove you that Im not drunk” she step on the fountain edge nearby and walked on it, spreading her hand.  Heung Soo closed his eyes and sigh.

“See, I can still walked in straight line…” soon enough, she fell and hurt her ankle. She winced in pain and Heung Soo quickly helped her up.

“Kwaenchanha? Eishh, pabo!” Heung Soo wraped her hand around his shoulder but she pushed him again. Her eyes teary.

“Yah! We should have more fun. Two of us. We should spend more times. Before….” She stopped and looked down at the ground. Heung Soo grined his teeth then he lift her up in a bride position. Kang Joo squicked hard at his sudden reaction.

“You want fun? Let’s go to have some fun!” Heung Soo put down Kang Joo inside the car. He buckled up her with a safety belt. Kang Joo staring at him with her fifty-percent drunk awareness. Heung Soo sat behind the wheels, logged in up the keys and step on the gas.

“Yah, where are we going?”

“You’ll know” the he speed away.

--------------

Kang Joo vaguely heard a strange roaring sound in her ears. Foreign but familiar voice. Because she never heard the roar like that before. Kang Joo struggled to open her eyes that felt as heavy as ten tons from her drunkenness. The view from the windshield was the exact same as the paintings in the art gallery in her schools. Color of the sky that signaled imminent sunrise. Although the light was not right, clearly visible beneath of it was the waves that brought rolls of white foam to the sand on the beach. Kang Joo immediately turned his head to the left side and then she found a handsome man smiling at him. "Wake up, sleepyhead!" Heung Soo rubbed gently of Kang Joo’s hair. Kang Joo quickly straightened in his seat. her eyes look around.   

 

"Where are we?"
 

"Don’t you see? We're at the beach" Heung Soo said with a slight giggle. "Soon we will see the sunrise" Heung Soo looked at his watch. "About five minutes left"
 

Kang Joo incessantly looked at her boyfriend. He was driving away to the beach. And it looks like the beach is not a beach nearby. Now Kang Joo has got back her full consciousness. She can not say anything. She's a little remember what happened last night.

 

“Ah, it’s coming!”

 

The sun slowly rised from the back of the cloud. It was beautiful. The warm that its gave to you made you feel your heart warm as well. They both silent as they watched the sun goes up and bright started to bright the morning. Heung Soo turned at Kang Joo, “Ippuji?”

 

“Hmmm. Ippeo…” Kang Joo smiled weakly and she felt a tears came from her eyes. She looked outside the window and wiped her tears.

 

Heung Soo go out from the car and he oppened up the door at Kang Joo’s side.

 

“Let’s take a walk” he held her hand and pulled her out the she groaned softly in pain.

“Ah, my ankle…”

“Ah, right. You hurt your ankle last night. You’re so stupid you know” Heung Soo turned around, squat down and facing his back at Kang Joo. “Get on!”

“Are you serious? I’m pretty heavy you know”

“Yeah, from all those hot dogs you have, I bet you are”

Kang Joo smacked hard his back, “Mwo?”

“No, it’s ok, Hup up!”

Kang Joo wraped her hands around his neck and let him lifted her up in piggy back. From this position Kang Joo could clearly smell his scent. It’s sweet. She likes it.  And his back felt so warm. She could easily feel asleep on it. But then she realized she could only remember all of it. Her eyes goes teary again.

“Kang Joo-ya, There’s something I need to say” He said as they walking along the beach line.

Kang Joo closed her eyes and prepared herself. “What is it?”

“Errr…..” Heung Soo stopped, he gulped hard.

“Two years….” Kang Joo mumbling slowly, more to herself. “ You take it?”

Heung Soo nodded slowly, “Prof. Kim forced me to. So, I have no choice”

“You should go. It’s good for you”

“Jinja? You don’t…mad or something. You’re not going to ask to…break up with me, are you?”

“I will if you chose to stay”

Then Heung Soo stop. “Kang Joo-ya….Come with me!”

Kang Joo patted his head hard, “No!”

“Why not?”

“I still has lots to do here. Beside, Im not ready to leave my mom”

“I wish you could come” he pouted.

“Yah. Just do your study well. Be success and comeback with a pride”

“I will”

Kang Joo ajusted her hands aronf his neck. She placed her cheek on his shoulder. She closed her eyes. “Just promise you won’t cheat on me with some american girls”

“I promise” he laugh

“And don’t forget to bring me some souvenirs!”

“Arasseo!”

“Good” She clinged her head on his shoulder. Hugghed him more tightly.

“Kang Joo-Ya…”

She didn’t respond.

“Yah. Lee Kang Joo!”

“Eisssi. What? Im trying to enjoying your back, stupid!” she lift up her face.

Heung Soo streched his neck and reach for Kang Joo’s lips with his lips. Kang Joo were shocked of his sudden kiss. She closed her eyes quickly before he parted his lips and smiled at her.

“Love you!”

To be continue….

 

### I planed to post the previous chapter inside this chapter. But the plan changed. But, I hope you like this one. Sorry for the fluffyness.