Revenge Kick!

School 2013 Fanfic

Kang Joo sighed and bit her lower lip. She needed to keep herself calm. She promised herself if this thing happen, she’ll let go. She’ll be happy. But the hole in her heart made her brain to feel different feeling toward this news. She was sad. She actually didn’t want to let Heung Soo staying there for any longer, but once again, she is just someone who luckily knew him and being someone he cared of, not someone who have a right to prevent him to pursue his best future in life.

She couldn’t understand why her fingers trembled as she attempt to type for reply. She closed her eyes and forced a smile as if Heung Soo could see it. She replied :

“Oh, is that so? Good then. You really have to take the job seriously and be success. I’m fine with it. Seriously. I’m going to be busy too with my new job and would forget about you for a while, kekekeke, Kidding!

 Heung Soo HWAITING! Y^.^Y

PS : I LOVE YOU “

As Kang Joo clicked the send botton she felt tears in her eyes, the tears even dropped on her hand. She cursed herself and wiped the tears right away.

#             #             #

The D-day of her debut interview finally came. She inhaled deep as she made her way to a coffee shop near the National Sport Center building. She’s going to interview Park Ji Sung, the famous soccer player. She’s going to make a simple biography book about him. The book is also as a thesis for her to receive her degree. It’s her debut, she was excited, nervous and anxious in the same time that’s why she needs something sweet to calm her brain.

She ordered a big size of coffee latte with full cream on it. For the past two weeks she tried to forget the fact of that day was also the day when Heung Soo’s two years endded. He should be in Korea right now. Or at least on his way to here.

But she didn’t expect anything. She expects the best for him even required him to stay for a year longer.

 When she paid, she heard someone called her from behind. It was Nam Soon.

“What are you doing here?” Nam Soon asked in a very confused expression, approaching her by the counter.

“Bought a coffee, what else”

“I mean around this area, aren’t you supposed to be somewhere else?”

“I have an interview appointment with Park Ji Sung sonsu-Nim, I thought I told you before”

“Yeah I know, but….oh, right. Ok” Nam Soon nodded his head, more to assure himself.

Kang Joo frowned her forehead and looked at her friend’s weird expression.

“What is wrong with you?”

“No, nothing. “ he smirked and ordered a Moccachino.

Kang Joo wanted to asked about Heung Soo to him, she didn’t receive any e-mail since the last time she reply, but she hesitated. That would be more sad for her if she ask.

She kept silent until Nam Soon turned at her, holding his coffee and smiled at her. “Kang Joo-ya. Pay my coffee, ok”

“Ya! Why me?”

“Aigoo, you used to buy me food back then, now it’s just a coffee. Kang Joo hwaiting!” Then he walked out of the shop.

“Eishhh. Olma-eyo?” She asked the cashier for Nam Soon’s coffee then paid.  She headed to the building and prepared for her interview. She emptied the coffee faster then she thought, she must be really nervous. As she prepared her note and recording tools she looked outside the big window that showing a soccer field backyard. There people were playing soccer there. She could see people ran to get a single white ball. They compete each other. They fell, but then they laugh at each other. They look having so much fun. Seeing the people smiling like that made she wondering what if Heung Soo could reachs his dream to become a soccer player, would he running around the field and laughing like that?

He would, probably.

She unconsciously smiled as she watching the athletes made a weird celebration gesture for getting a goal. That’s not even a real game, but they took it seriously but still have lot of fun.

She kept watching them til she didn’t even realized someone stood behind her and fake coughed at her.

“Lee Kang Joo-ssi?”

Kang Joo turned around immediately and saw a familiar face, the face that she only see on TV.

“Oh, Park Ji Sung sonsu-nim, Annyeonghasinmikka” She gasped and bow for greeting and appology as well.

“What are you looking at so seriously?” the athlete took a seat accrossed to her and smiled.

“Ah, no it’s just the athletes looks having so much fun”

“We are. Everyday”

“Yes, I know”

So the interview started. It was surpsising for Kang Joo that Park Ji Sung is a low profiled person. He was friendly, he answered all of Kang Joo’s questions with smiles. He also praised of how much she knew about soccer. She showed him how much her effort on this job. He told his experience played for an international soccer club, he too excited to able to met awesome people while doing his dream. He won’t regret it.

Kang Joo could see Heung Soo inside Park Ji Sung. Everytime Heung Soo talk about soccer, his face would be red from being excited too much. Despite not being able to become one of them, he still love the game. So do Park Ji sung looked like, he worked hard to achieve his position.

That made Kang Joo understood much. Understood of how much she should support Heung Soo for no matter he wanted to be or to do. She wouldn’t think any selfish thought again.

“Thank you so much for this awesome interview, I can see how much Park sonsu-nim love soccer” Kang Joo shook his hand as they finished their interview. “It’s an honor for me to meet you”

“Me too, Kang Joo-ssi” the athlete smiled, “But I wondering about something. Do you mind if I asked you a question now?”

Kang Joo smiled and nodded, “Sure, what is it?”

“I was wondering why a young author like you choosen a topic of sport as a thesis? If I were you, I would perhaps wandering around a TV station hoping find celebrites to get an interview of”

“You are a celebrity as well, Park sonsu-nim”

“No, I’m not.” He chuckled at the compliment. “Also one more thing, you seems to be really interesting to watch the game on the field now because your eyes weren’t stop glancing at them”

“Oh, really? I didn’t notice that..” Kang Joo smiled in embarrassed.

“Do you like soccer that much or actually you knew someone whom like soccer that much?”

Kang Joo watched her feet and smiled, “Actually it’s the second one”

“Oh. I see. Who is he? Your boyfriend?”

Kang Joo couldn’t hid her smile, “He once dreamed about to be like you, but he got injured when he was young. So he couldn’t pursue it anymore”

“Where is he now?”

“He actually learning to become a journalist in America, a sport journalist, that’s the only way that he could still related to his dream. Well, I chose this subject only for a reason to be know of how fun soccer is, the one he always talks about. And yeah you proved it that it was actually fun an needed of haradworking. Thank you once again, athlete Park”

Park Ji Sung just nodded and smiled in amuse. “Ah, If that so, would you like to watch the game closer? We could have some talk”

“May I?”

“Of course, have your way” the athlete let herself made her way toward the soccer field and he followed her behind. Park Ji Sung led Kang Joo to a sidekick seats at the side edge of the field.

“You could sit here while I’m taking your coffee”

“Don’t bother, I’m fine”

“No, it’s ok. I’ll be right back”

Kang Joo bowed at the friendly athlete before he headed to the building. Kang Joo looked around the field. Then he felt something hit her right arm. He dropped her phone. It was a ball that hit her. Now the ball was gliding on the ground.

She winced in pain and looked at someone who approached her. Her lips are sealed.

“Miss, who allowed you to sit there? It’s for the players only!”

Kang Joo still couldn’t open . She just staring at the guy.

“Aigoo, young lady. I’m talking to you!” the guy scoffed, “Why? Are you mad that the ball hit you?”

She grinned her teeth but still didn’t say anything.

The guy stood right before her and put both of his hands on his hips. He spread his left foot forward on the ground and staring at Kang Joo in a mischievous smile. “Don’t blame the ball. Blame me. Here, if you mad, you can kick my foot. Go ahead”

Kang Joo tighten her fist, she felt her eyes burned.

“Ya! I ask you the same as you asked me back then in highschool, remember?”

She gulped hard.

“Go ahead. Kick it. So we’re even”

Kang Joo sight Is getting  blur as tears formed, but she could still see who is the guy stood in front of her. That bastard, Park Heung Soo.

“What are you waiting for? Kick it!” dared Heung Soo, glanced at his left foot.

“Fine!” Kang Joo took a step back and instead kick his feet, she kicked his knee. Hard enough to make him groaned in pain.

“Ya! I told you to kick my feet, not my knee. It’s really hurt, Lee Kang Joo!”  Heung Soo bend down and robbed the sore on his knee, then he felt a weigh on his body. Kang Joo has her arms embraced him tightly. She cried.

The pain is gone, and Heung Soo embraced her back, more tightly.

Then suddenly they heard sound of people clapping. It was the athletes including Park Ji Sung shouting at the reunite couple, watching them hugging, letting out their long yearning.

Kang Joo released herself immediately and looked around embarrassedly. She hid her face with both of her hands and glared fiercly at Heung Soo. That only made Heung Soo laughed and pulled her body closer.

“Come here”

Heung Soo hugged her again then he kissed her head. He smelled her fresh hair from her fruit shampoo. He missed that smell too.

 He could heard her called him ‘stupid bastard’ between her whimping. He laughed and said, “Hmmm. I miss you too”

 

To Be Continue....

 

A/N: OMG, I changed my mind. The final chap is going to post after tomorrow, maybe. Don't know. Well, maybe beacause I don't want to end it very soon. Forgive me. I hope this one is good enough. Thanks for reading ^.^v