The Anger and Awakening

School 2013 Fanfic

Wu Fan looking around impatiently. Looking for where Kang Joo was because she had gone from his sight. She’s really a fast runner since she was a kid. When his eyes looking throught the walking people he saw a red backpack. Kang Joo’s back pack, lying on the ground. It turned out the owner was sitting on the bench at the edge of the Han river. Wu Fan approached her and he saw her face was covered by his hands and her shoulders were shaking up and down. Her sound of crying is so painful to hear especially for him. He didin’t say anything. He just stood there, wathing Kang Joo crying. Now he understood. His biggest nightmare is soon about to come true.

“Kang Joo-Yah” he finally called her. He bent down to collect her backpack and placed it next to her on the bench. Kang Joo released her face and she quickly wiped off her tears away. “Don’t look at me. I looked terrible” she said, snifting hard.

Wu Fan stoon in front of him and down into a squat position so his eyes were on the same lever as hers. Wu Fan reached her face and helped her wiped off her tears.

“Eisssh. You never listen to me” Kang Joo gazed down at the ground in embarrassed. Wu Fan lifted up her face. Tears are still pouring down on her cheeks. “You like that guy don’t you?” Wu Fan looked her in the eyes sharply. Kang Joo didin’t answered him. She biting her lower lip and snifting hard again. “Answer me Kang Joo-Ya!” he snapped her a little. “You like that guy don’t you? That’s why you’re crying like this”

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I no longer wanted to see him. He is so… stupid!”

“Ahhh. You indeed like him. I see…” It’s Wu Fan turns to looked down on the ground. Kang Joo looking at him in so much of guilt. She felt sick that facing the fact she couldn’t be together with Heung Soo and also she couldn’t have the same feeling to Wu Fan as she had to Heung Soo. Her pain increased as she looking at the man in front of her, her best friend, felt the same heartache.

“Mian…” tha’t all Kang Joo could say.

“Don’t be…” he shook his head. “Don’t say that, please. It hurts me”

“Wu Fan-ah…”

“Is it because of me? Showed up in sudden between you two?”

A biggest guilt crept into her heart. “No, it’s not like that. Im glad you came. It’s just…I don’t want to talk bout it anymore”

“Then stop crying!” Wu Fan grabbed her shoulder. “Stop crying for that guy. He is too stupid, too self-rightous to notice your feeling. So you too stop crying for him. HE’S NOT WORTH IT!”

Kang Joo was deep in thought after she heard everything that Wu Fan had said.

‘You right, Wu Fan. He was so stupid and Idiot. But I don’t know why it felt so hurt so much for mw that deep inside I don’t want to let go of him’

Then instead of stop crying, she crying more. Louder. Wu Fan hissed her and he pulled her closer into his arms and hugged her tightly. “I really need to kill him..”

T_T   T_T    T_T

The next day at school, Nam Soon kept avoiding Heung Soo who looked very angry at him. Well, he did a wrong. The plan he set with Ha Kyung of trying to make Kang Joo and Heung Soo getting along again was totally failed. Because they both are stupid and stubborn. Nam Soon didin’t want to get a scold from Heung Soo, so when he met himon the corridor to their class he ran straight downstairs. When he at the lobby he saw Ha Kyung were hiding behind one of the pillar.

“What are you doing here?”

Nam Soon question made her jumped in shocked. “Eish. Im hiding from Kang Joo. She was super mad at me” She looking around again. “Really? Me too” Nam Soon come over to hide along. “Heung Soo is looked like he’s going to kill me”

“It’s all your fault!” Ha Kyung nudged him hard made him fell backward. “Eissh. Why you always blaming me. Told you it’s all because your terrible acting. If you were bit more clever to handle that guy. We’ll be succeed”

“I don’t know if he would make me do lots of things. Im not an expert on motorcycle you know?”

“But at least don’t you kno w bit? Or think about other plan” Nam Soon kept defending himself.

“Eisssh. You really…”

“SONG HA KYUNG!” There Kang Joo screaming. Soon enough she came out from the lobby. Fear of being cought, Nam Soon and Ha Kyung closer their body so they won’t be seen. They peeked at Kang Joo who looking around the school yard and then she vanished to the left side of school. Probably went to the gym. Then unexpectedly Heung Soo showed up as well from inside. He looking around to find Nam Soon as well. Heung Soo turning his body along with Kang Joo that showed up behind the wall. They stood in frozen.

“Oh!” Nam Soon and Ha Kyung squeaking softly to see their friends stood in motionless. And the aura between them could  made you felt a goosebumps. Their eyes met. But none of them speaking. They just stood there. Not as usual, Kang Joo is the first one to leaving. Heung Soo glared at her leaving and he too vanished to the left side of school.

The hiding couple sigh of relief in unison then they staring at their each other faces that they just realized  the distance is quite close. Their body is close too. Nam Soon jerked back off right away accompanied with a strange kind of awkward cough. Ha Kyugn looked away and she couldn’t stop scratching on her neck. They didin’t say a word until the bell rang loudly. “Euuh….we better…get in..now” Nam Soon said pointing to the lobby. “Ah. Keurae…” Ha Kyung flashed herself inside hiding her blushing face away.

Along the class they’re not studying actually. They just listened to the same booring speeches by the teachers about how to dealing with the futures a head. Kang Joo didn’t speak to Ha Kyung and that’s mede her sad. So she his her phone under the table and send Kang Joo a message.

‘Kang Joo-Ya. Are you still mad at me?’ – Ha Kyung.

‘You think? Why did you do that to me?’ – Kang Joo

‘Mian. Jeongmal Mian. I Just wanted you and Heung Soo getting along again’ – Ha Kyung

‘I HATE HIM!’ – Kang Joo

‘Wae????’- Ha Kyung

 ‘He is so stupid, Idiot, self-raightous creature. I don’t want to see him again’ – Kang Joo

‘Don’t be like that. You know he was like that because he jealous to Wu Fan’ – Ha Kyung

‘Then why don’t he trying to get me? Confess to me? You know, when im completely AWAKE!’ –Kang Joo.

Ha Kyung bit her lower lip. Kang Joo is really mad at Heung Soo. It’s His fault anyway for being coward and give up on her easily. Then she texted again. TO Nam Soon this time.

‘Nam Soon-ah. Kang Joo was super mad at Heung Soo. You should talk to him’ – Ha Kyung.

Nam Soon glared at Heung Soo after he read Ha Kyung’s message. He replied.

‘How? He still looked like he wanted to kill me everytime he see me, you know’ – Nam Soon

‘I don’t Know. You’re his bestfriend. He would rather to listen to you more than anyone’ – Ha Kyung

Nam Soon sigh in surrender.

‘Allright. I’ll try’ – Nam Soon

-----------------

“Heung Soo-Ya! Let’s have a talk for a while” Nam Soon following him behind when trhe school was over. “Don’t talk to me!” Heung Soo snaped him without turning at him. Then Nam Soomn heard someone calling his name. It’s Teacher Jung.

“Could you following me to the office?”

So there he was, and it turned out to be Ha Kyung was already there.

“Have you talked to him?” Ha Kyung whisper to him. He wrinkled his face and shook his head slowly. Ha Kyung rolled her eyes and sigh.

“Allright” Teacher Jung started, “I called you two here to tell you that both of you have to preparing a speech for the graduation ceremony”

“Me too? I thought the class presiden who the only one to speech?”

“Don’t you hear what I’ve just said? Both of you!”

“Yee” Ha Kyung nodded.

“And these too. It’s the invitation letters for the parents. You guys post it. Make sure you post it all!”

Ha Kyung and Nam Soon took the piled of the letters. They went to the post office together. After their jobs done, on the street they talking about Heung Soo and Kang Joo. But then Ha Kyung suddenly stopped her feet and her eyes only focused on the street.

“What is it?” Nam Soon following to where her eyes on. “That’s the chise guy isn’t he? I mean Wu Fan” she said, pointing. She’s right. Nam Soon too saw Wu Fan acrrocing the street while dragging a big suitcase. And then he vanished into a saune place nearby.

“Is he lived there?” Ha Kyung narrowed her eyes like a predator watching its prey. Nam Soon bumped her shoulder. “Yah. He just might wanted to have a sauna. There’s nothing wrong with that”

“Yeah. But we don’t usually bring a suitcase with us, do we?. Yah! You want to go spying him?” she asked him in passion. “What is wrong with you?” He laughed, “Ok. Let’s go!” They rushed to the sauna place too. After changing clotes into an orange sauna outfit and their heads were covered with a head-phone-like- shaped white towel. They even having boiled eggs and juices too. They were sat on the corner spying Wu Fan that already changed his clothes too and he now lying on the middle of the room, sleeping. The ahjummas and the young ladies were kept stoled and eyed to him and giggling and whispering to each other “Is him a sleeping prince?”

But Wu Fan didn’t looked bither at all. He just sleeping.

“Wah. He is practically lived here” Ha Kyung looked over her shoulder and watching Wu Fan sleeping like a prince.

“I guess so. I saw him paid to the ahjumma the fee that costed for three days” Nam Soon said while peeling the egg, “So yes, he lived here”

“He looked rich” Ha Kyung eyes were still on Wu Fan.

“Here…” Nam Soon gave her a peeled egg. She received it with a smiled. “Thanks”

Nam Soon staring at Ha Kyung in front of him that busied herself with spying. The Hell with spying Wu Fan, Nam Soon thought. He just wanted to spend the day with her longer. He smiling when he noticed how cute she was in the orange sauna outfit and also with the trademark shape towel too. Then a thought came to his mind.

‘Should I tell her? Confess to her before we really split after graduate?’

He didn’t want to have a complicated relationship like Heung Soo and Kang Joo had become. He wanted to confessed her properly and for real. He looked around the sauna place. Should he confessed now? He shook his head.

‘No No No No. The place and the moment should be romantic. Not here. Not in this silly orange outfit too. Next time. At the right place’

Then Ha Kyung’s phone shaking hard. “Ah. It’s Kang Joo!” she whispered and pick up the phone.

“Oh, Kang Joo-ya. Wae?”

“Where are you? Have you done your job yet? Let’s go shoping together”

“Ah. Im still on a duty, Kang Joo-ya”

Heard that Nam Soon smirked. ‘Yeah, spying’

“Ah, it’s ok. Maybe next time”

“Why don’t you go with Wu Fan?”

“Wu Fan? He hasn’t show up today. Why?”

“Euh..Kang Joo-ya, Can I asked you something? I he…poor?”

“Who? Wu Fan? No. He’s a prince. He’s the only heir of his father Chinese furniture company , on of the biggest there in Canada”

“Really? Then why he lived in sauna?”

“Mwo? Sauna?.....Ha Kyung-ah, I’ll call you later”

Beeep.

“She hung up…”

“Why did you tell her?” Nam Soon asked in guilt.

“I don’t know. I just had an intuition that she should know”

“Oh. He’s awake!”

Wu Fan now in sitting position. He was talking on the phone than in few seconds he rushed to the locker room and came out in his casual clothes. He ran out the sauna place in fast. Ha Kyung and Nam Soon changing glare and said in unison.

“Lee Kang Joo”

^_^     ^_^     ^_^

Kang Joo was staring at Wu Fan who bent down his body and trying to collect his breath.

“Yah. Don’t you know that there is a big mobile thing called bus was invented?”

“Ah, bus. Unthinkable to me he he he” he grinning.

“Unthinkable to you or you can’t afford its fee?”

“I have money. Yah. You’re the only one who screaming on the phone and asked me to come. So I ran over here” he smiling again. “So what is it?”

“Pab Meogeosseo?” She asked lookin at his sweating face.

“Wah. You want to buy me a dinner?”

Kang Joo didn’t answer his question. She led him to the Chinese restaurant nearby and she ordered him his most favourite food, Dim Sum.

“Waaah. You still remember my favourite food. Im touched” Then he eat the Dim Sum greedily. Kang Joo watching him eating. They have one thing in common. Everytime they look into a food in front of them, they suddenly changed into someone who seems doesn’t met any food for week. Kang Joo think that might be the reason why they could get along and close to each other. He also really good in feeding her food since he was a kid. So when she heard him slept in sauna, she was so sad.

“Wu Fan-ah. Where do you lived for now?” she asked finally.

“Why?”

“Just curious”

“Don’t worry. I lived in a very luxurious hotel” she stuffed the dim sun in one piece in to his mouth.

“Really?” Kang Joo raised one of her eyebrows.

Wu Fan didn’t look at her but he nodded.

“Kotjimal! You lived in the saune, didn’t you?!”

Wu Fan chocked over his food and he grabed his drink. He gulped the water fastly. Thern he looked at her face.

“Matji! You iled to me!”

“Neo…Eoteokkhae arasseo?”

“Why don’t you tell me from the first place? Tell me the truth, WHY ARE YOU HERE?”

“Fine, fine. I’ll tell the truth!” he dropped his chopstick on the table. “The truth is… I ran from home”

“What? Why?”

“My parents are… divorced”

“Di-divorced? How?”

“They just did. Two weeks a go”

Kang Joo blinking rapidly. She didn’t believe of what she just heard.

“Twenty years of marriage. Sudenlly…Ck!” he motion his hand into a cut on his neck. “I think they must be reach their tops after holding back their problems for nine years”

“Nine years? But they looked fine as long as I can remember”

“Why you think I always looked so lonely and gloomy. I saw them on many of fights. After they splited my mom wanted me to live with her in China and continue my school there but my dad wanted me to stay in Canada and worked at his company. I was confused. That’s why I ran. The reason why I ran here because I always remember you. I missed your smile. Coz your smile always been a pain killer for me. And I ended up In Sauna because I don’t brought enough money. Tha’s embarassasing though…”

“Im sorry chinggu. I don’t know”

“If you’re sorry you should buy me the big and long ice cream that you used to share with with me…”

So there they are. On the convenience store. Wu Fan took two of strawberry ice creams.

“Yeah two?”

He placed the ice creams on his cheeks and she smiling so adorable.

“All right. Let’s pay”

“Wait. I’ll take some snacks too”

“What? Snacks? You wanted to robbed me?” She mumbling and walking to the cashier but nobody there. “Chogiyooo!” she called.

“Ye! Chuisongham…..”

Kang Joo’s body suddenly felt numb when she saw someone that just came out from the back door. It’s Heung Soo. On their head poped up the same question: ‘Why you always everywhere? Made me hard to forget you”

“Kang Joo-Ya. These too…” Wu Fan noticed Kang Joo and Heung Soo saring at each other. Heung Soo too glared at Wu Fan. But he act professional. He stood behind the cashier machine and counted Kang Joo’s expended.

“12.ooo won, sun-nim” He said looked at Wu Fan. Kang Joo looking at him for a while then he walked out.

Wu fan paid the bill, “Keep the changed” he said walking out as well. Heung Soo scoffed and he jerked back the coins into the machine.

Wu Fan chased out for Kang Joo that stood at the edge of the street. She looked angry and sad in the same time. “You should do talk to him!” he said.

“No need to. I don’t want to!”

“You lied”

“Let’s not talk bout him. It’s pissed me off!”

Wu Fan sigh and he stuffed the ice cream inside . “Cold your burning head, then!”

Kang Joo and Wu Fan spend the evening chatting bout lots of things in the kids playground near of Kang Joo’s house. Wu Fan told her how Canada was looked like. And Wu Fan stopped when he realized the time is already past nine.

“Yah. You should go home now. It’s almost late.  You must be tired too. I’ll walked you home”

“No. Im not tired” Kang Joo still swinging.

“Your mom must be worried. Chib-e Ka ja!”

Kang Joo do of what he said. When they reached her house she stoped and face him in anger face. “You should get out of sauna place. Faster. I’ll help you find cheap place to stay”

“You know my money is limited. Sauna is the only place I could afford of”

“But it’s not comfortable there. Especially with your long hands and feets. You really have to  get out of there! Kuuk!”

“Eisssh. Arasseo Imma!” He turned her body and pushed her inside. She waved him goodby and he waved back too.

But actually he didn’t go back to sauna. He was standing in front of the store that Heung Soo worked at. Heung Soo finally finished his worked and he head to home. But then he heard someone calling him behind.

“Oooi!”

He looked over his shoulder and saw Wu Fan is walking toward him.

“Let’s have a talk” he motion to hwung Soo to follow him. But Heung Soo didn’t moved even for an inch. “I think we were not that close to have some talk”

“Just follow me sekki ya!”

“If it’s about Lee Kang Joo don’t worry I don’t have any kind of relationship with her?”

“What? Any kind of relationship?” Wu Fan lost his patient. He turned around and punched Heung Soo on his face. Heung Soo fell on sitting position.

“Eisssh. Mwo Ya sekki ya!”

“That’s for Kang Joo. And for reward of your stupid, ignorance, and idiotic act you treated her. I don’t know what kind of conversation you had with ther at the other night. But she cried. Terrible cried. And you still said you don’t have any kind of relationship with her bastard!” Wu Fan punched him again, harder this time.

“What the big deal, Huh?! It has nothing to do with me” Heung Soo the blood on his lips.

“He is crying because she likes you! Nappun SEKKI YAAA!”

A big punched came to heung Soo's face again. This time he were dumbfounded. He tried to understand of what he just said between his pain.

“Shocked? Huh. Im too shocked of founding that Im stupid enough to tell you this. I just let her to forget about you and make her mine. But she was too precious to me for me being selfish. Because the only one she likes is the stupid guy like you!”

Heung Soo stood in bleeding face.

“So why are you still here? Go! Get her! Before I changed my mind!” Wu Fan panting hard from beating Heung Soo too much.

Heung Soo stood there in shocked. Then whe he saw Wu Fan act when he beat him he must be serious. Lee Kang Joo. Her smiling face is flashed in his mind. He made a decision. Then He ran as fast as possible.

 

To Be Continue.....