Valentine's Day

School 2013 Fanfic

 

Kang Joo couldn’t stop sighing as she watched Heung Soo didn’t pay much attention on her. He keeps busy typing on his laptop and his eyes glancing at the books and magazines that spread on all over the table, his hand once in a while writing and made some mark on his notebook.

Today is February Fourteen 2015. So it meant today is the Valentine’s Day. It’s their first Valentine as couple, but she was stuck in the library with her stupid-ignorance boyfriend. She rested her chin on her left hand and the other kept patting the table impatiently. She done her report assignment an hour a go and now she couldn’t do anything beside sitting accrossed the busied Heung Soo. What makes her upset more is, he didn’t even trid to eat the special chocolate that she bought for him. It’s supposed to be a special day.

“Heung Soo-Ya…” she called him with her unsual girly cute tone. But Heung Soo humming short as his respond.

“Let’s go on a date. Don’t you know today is the Valentine’s Day?”

“You’ve been saying that for almost a hundred times today, Kang Joo-Ya. I know. Im not blind about the calendar”

“Then why are we still here? Other couples are going on a date today. We are the one who stuck in the library” she pouted.

“I’m almost done. Besides, it’s freezing out there. You could get cold”

“You’ve been saying that for the last an hour a go. Find another words!”

“Chokkuman kidaryo…” he said coldly as he open the book pages.

Kang Joo leaning ont the chair. She pulled out her cellphone and send a text message.

‘Ha Kyung-ah, odi?’ – Kang Joo

‘Nam Soon picked me up right after class. We’re having a date now. Where are you?’ – Ha Kyung

“Arggh!” She groaned in annoyed and made face at Heung Soo who still drown on his laptop. Even Nam Soon has better intuition than him. Ha Kyung-ah, you’re so lucky.

‘Ah, sounds fun. Im envious of you two TT _TT’ – Kang Joo

‘Wae? Seolma? You guys are still in the library? Aigoo, Park Heung Soo, that guy really…’ – Ha Kyung

“Kang Joo-Ya!”

She heard someone called her. She saw Jong Hyun and Ju Ni, his girlfriend are walking toward her.

“Oh, Jong Hyun-ah. What’s up?!” she greeted them.

Jong Hyun and Ju Ni are couple as well and Jong Hyun was in the same class with Kang Joo.

“It’s for you” Ju Ni handed her a bar of chocolate. “Happy Valebtine! I want to give you this as a reward for helping Jong Hyun with his report yesterday” that cute little girl glancing at Jong Hyun and smiled at Kang Joo.

“Thanks a lot for yesterday, Kang Joo-ya” Jong Hyun added. Then he glared at Heung Soo who seems didn’t even notice their presence at all. “You guys don’t going on a date? It’s valentine’s Day. Ju Ni and I are going to the theme park. Why don’t you guys wome with us? Having double date is not a bad idea”

Kang Joo glared at Heung Soo and she sigh, “He is having a date with his laptop and books guys. He completely forgot bout me…” Kang Joo stucked out her tongue at Heung Soo, but still hasn’t paid her attention.

“Park Heung Soo, how could you let her stucked in here? You should take her on a date or else somebody will take your place” Jong Hun demanded.

“Hmmm!” Heung Soo motion his hand to tell them to go. His eyes are still glued on the screen. The three of them exchanging glares and shrughed.

“Allright, see you later Kang Joo-ya.” The cute couple are gone now. Kang Joo waving at them in a super envious face. Then she staring at Heung Soo with her blazing eyes, she got up and stood beside him. “Heung Soo-Ya…” she shook his body hard, but it doesn’t work. She bent down and closer her face to his and poke his face rapidly.

“Oppa…” she called him in her tempting voice. “Heung Soo-oppa…”

Heung Soo usually gave up and fell in blushed everytime she started to called him ‘Oppa’, but not this time. He doesn’t change his cold and serious expression. He kept typing, writing as if there is no tomorrow. Kang Joo finally reached her top, she stomped her feet and snapped him.

“Fine! Enjoy your date with that stupid laptop and books. Im going on a date alone!”  she snached her bag ans ready to leave but Heung Soo stopped her by grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit back next to him. He holding her hand tightly. Kang Joo looked at her hand that held by him under the table. Fine, she gave up. She smiling happily though she were super mad at him before. For the next minutes she kept shut and staring at his serious- handsome face, admiring his right side.

“Wae? Am I that handsome?” He suddenly between his typing . He notice her staring.

“Cih!” Kang Joo looked away in embarrassed.

Then few minutes later Heung Soo turned off his laptop, closed all the books an piled those up.  He let out a relief sigh and finally he turned his eyes at her, smiling. “Allright. Where do you want to go for our date? I’m completely yours now”

Kang Joo surprised at his words, she blushed. So she automatically pushed his face away, “Mwo Yaa!”. Heung Soo couldn’t stop giggling to see her cute expression. He got up and led her walked out from the library.

----------------------------

Because the special occasion, the whole street was decorated with lots of knick-knacks pink decoration. Many couples are walking around here and there. There also a couple competition thal held by one of the store in the main street. Kang Joo insisting Heung Soo to joined the competition because the first prize is a very temtating Korean beef. But he was frowning at her and said, “Please. It’s not my style”

“You said you will let me do whatever I want. I just asked you to joined the race” she pouted.

Heung Soo staring at his girlfriend’s sullen face. He pinched her cheek and spread it to make her looked like she smiling. “Wae? You mad at me?”

“It’s a special day. Don’t you have something for me?” she spoke wetween her spreading lips, made her words came out funny.

“Is a gift so important  to you? Isn’t enough just to go out with me like this? You’re the one who eagerly going on a date, aren’t you”

“Aigoo. You’re so not romantic” she said softly and looked away.

“Mwo?”

“Fine! At least you wont let me die in starving, will you?”

Heung Soo let out a long ‘ah’, “Right, we haven’t a lunch yet. Let’s go” he held her hand and led her walking on the street again. “I’ll buy Everything you want” he comforted.

“Really?” Kang Joo has got her mood back. She jump a bit.

“Hmmm, anything” he smiled, “ except the hot dogs” he coldly said again. As is he read her mind.  “Seriously, Im fed up with those”

“Fine!” she pouted and looking around the street looking for a best restaurant. Then she stop and pointed to a Pasta restaurant accrosseed them. “ Let’s eat Pasta!” she quickly dragged him with her. She opened the double door and there is a bell sound along with the door swung opened.

The restaurant was not so great compared to the fancy Italian restaurant, but it also couldn’t be called small. Following today’s atmosphere, this restaurant decorated with pink roses and heart-shaped candles on all over the tables. Shortly after they found an empty table, Kang Joo permited to go to the washroom. While Heung Soo waiting for her he spreading his sight around the restaurant until his eyes met a familiar face behind him.

“Lee Ji Hoon!” he exclaimed shockingly as he staring at his former classmate who already smiling at him with a teasing look on his face.

“Wow, having a date, huh? Improving already…” he stood closer and narrowed his eyes.

Heung Soo looking over him, he wore a white shirt, black trouser with a little pink scarf on his colar made him looked bit ridiculous. “You work in here?” Heung Soo snorted hard after noticing how silly he looked with that scarf and napkin.

Ji Hoon looked annoyed of his mocking snorted, but his curiousity beat his anger. “Yah! So it turned out to be a great decision to school in S University, I see. Tell me who is her? He glanced at the way Kang Joo had gone.

Heung Soo twitched his brows, “You don’t know her?”

“How would I know if you don’t tell me. Palli, who is her? A girl from the same school?”

“You really don’t recognized her?”

“If you asked me back once again, I’ll kill you!” he intended to beat him with the menu book but he stopped right away after he heard someone called his name.

“Lee Ji Hoon!”

He turned around toward the voice, then soon enough his eyes widened as if he seeing a ghost.

“It’s really you Ji Hoon-ah!” Kang Joo faster her steps toward Ji Hoona and stood before him. She gave him a hard pat on his shoulder. “Long time no see!”

Ji Hoon quickly turned to Heung Soo, “Lee Kang Joo?” he yelled. Then his eyes focusing on Kang Joo again. He looked at her from head to toe. The Lee Kang Joo in front of him now was no longer the old Kang Joo with short hair and lollipop in , but Kang Joo with long shoulder-length hair, navy blue shirt under her black coat and pastel color jeans, she ever wore one inch heel ankle boot with the same color. She looked astoninshingly gorgeous.

“Ya! Why do you looking at her like that, imam!” Heung Soo annoyed by Ji Hoon greedy stare. He patted his back hard to made him awake.

“Oh, yeah. Long time no…see..Kang…Joo-ya” he apparentely still in a spellbound. Kang Joo seems doesn’t notice that Ji Hoon actually shocked to see her transformation. She frowning at him, “What is wrong with you?” She come near the chair but Ji Hoon stoped her and rushed to pulled back the chair and invited her.

“Please, have a sit” he said in formal speaking.

“Yah! You didn’t do that to me” Heung Soo protested, snatched the menu book from his hands.

“I only did this for beautiful girls only. Not a hot headed like you, Sun-nim” he handed the menu to a chuckled Kang Joo the stood between them beside the table. He changing his look from Heung Soo to Kang Joo. He still didn’t believe that they were actually ended up dating.

“Since when guys? I mean, you two were dating. Im super curious”

Ji Hoon’s question made the couple glaring at each other. Kang Joo smiled shyly, she didn’t answer. So Heung Soo did “ Officially a day before the graduation“

“Wah! Daebak!” He unconsciously claped his hand. “Wait, I remember that Nam Soon and Ha Kyung are had their lunch here too, like two days a go. Are they also….”

“Yap. They were dating” Kang Joo nodded. Ji Hoon clapping again for no reason then he stoped and folded his armes against his chest.

“But to see you two and also Nam Soon and Ha Kyung are dating is somehow wasn’t surprised me much beside. Because you guys seems always stuck to each other back at school times. I tell you the most surprising couple ever”

“Who is it?” Kang Joo looks so much of curious. She leaned forward her body and looked at her friend in a demanding eyes.

“Teacher Jung and Teacher Kang?” Heung Soo asked.

“No. No. The teachers are not much of surprising either if the would ended up tpgether, I guess”

“So, who is it?” Kang Joo shook his hand.

“Oh Jung Ho”

“Mwo? Jinja? Oh Jung Ho is dating someone?”

“Yes, the girlfriend is…Gye Na Ri”

Kang Joo and Heung Soo gasped softly and smiled, “How was that could be happened? I mean they weren’t closed to each other” Kang Joo scratching her chin.

“I know, that sound impossible. But they’ve been contacting each other after the graduation. If I recalled that might started when Na Ri suddenly asked for Jung Ho’s number. Do you guys believe that? Among all guys, she asked his number. Well now I knew where that led to”

“You mean Na Ri was the one who like him first?”

“I don’t know, but after the moment Jung Ho told everyonw that Na Ri who stole the phone he felt bad and guilty. Without us knowing he apologized to her on the graduation day. It’s hard to believe. But he meant it when he said that he was sorry. Because he knew the real reason behind her bad behavior toward her bestfriend. Surpsingly, Instead of mad Na Ri thanked him. The last thing I know that they were already a two months couple. How crazy is that?” Ji Hoon explained everything in a glaming eyes. He felt so much of happy for his bestfriend.

“Awww. That’s a good news. Im happy for them. They must be became a cute couple. I wish I could meet them sooner”

“You can meet him in the bakery store near his campus. He accompanied Na Ri to work part time job there, so, It won’t be a problem if they weren’t going on a date now”

“Ah, part-time couple. Nice. Im envious” she put her hands on her chest, she admiring the new couple story.

“Envious?” Heung Soo staring at her immediately. His voice sounded mad. “You prefer to spend your valentine’s day working part-time job? Then why did you dragged me here? We were so much better than them, you know!”

Kang Joo hid her face with the menu book. Aigoo, there he goes again. She admitted what she said is wrong that’s why she hide. Ji Hoon chuckling to watched Heung Soo’s unique attitude which he never seen before. He didn’t believe that Kang Joo could made him act that way. Now his turned to envy them.

“Ji Hoon-ah, what is the most expensive pasta you have?” Kang Joo whisper.

Ji Hoon smacked his own forhead, “Right. I should take your order first than story telling. Mian…mian” he pulled out a pen and a note. “If you asked the most expensive pasta, we got Vongole here. With a very fresh conches and the taste was quite different with the common Vongole”

“That’s sound yum.  I want that one, please”

Ji Hoon wrote it down and turned to Heung Soo, “You want Vongole too, Park Heung Soo?”

“Fine” he answer short, kept staring at Kang Joo in annoyed.

Ji Hoon nodded slowly and left them after promise to back with their order. Kang Joo smiling at Ji Hoon who already gone to the counter, but her smile soon fade away as her eyes met with Heung Soo’s angry eyes.

It annoyes her in the end, “Stop that stupid face. You look ugly!” she snapped him.“Im kidding. Yeah, We’re so much better” she added to make him stop for being mad.

Fifteen minutes later Ji Hoon back with two vongoles in his hand. He placed it one in front of Kang Joo and the other in front of Heung Soo. Kang Joo started to her lips and robbed her hands together, can’t wait to eat. “Here are two special Vongoles. And also…” he pulled out something from the pocket. A red rose. He extended it before Kang Joo’s eyes.

“What? Is it for me? Omooo…” she gasped hard.

“Happy Valentine’s Day. It’s special for you. You’re beautiful today, so different from those days. Can I ask you a date?” Ji Hoon smiling, teasing Heung Soo.

Heung Soo glared at Ji Hoon. ‘What The hell is he doing?’

“Of course you can, let’s have a date sometimes” Kang Joo added as her face went blushed. Once again Heung Soo snorted in angry. He staring at her, ‘ a date? Is she planning to cheat on me?’

“You’re so understand how girls feeling. You’re so romantic” Kang Joo glanced at Heung Soo “But I haven’t got anything from him…” she covered and whispered but clearly intended for him to hear.

“Yah! I bought you the most expensive food here! And you said I didn’t give you anything?” He placed the fork in sudden against the plate. “And you! Get lost!” he staring at Ji Hoon with his usual threatening look.

“Yah, Im kidding,bro! she’s yours. Im out at here. Enjoy your lunch, guys, Ah I mean..sun-nim” he left quickly.

Kang Joo eating in silence. She placed the rose beside her and kept smiling at it. Heung Soo rolled the pasta and stuffed it roughly while his eyes fixed to Kang Joo head. Then he received a phone call. Kang Joo finally gazed up his face to look at him when he said, “Allright, I’ll be right there” then he hung up.

“What? You’re leaving? Wae? Wae?!”

“I need to finish some assaignment with Mu Gyeol. Need to go back to campus” he eat fast.

“Ige mwo ya! We just having a date for a while, and your leaving? But I want to go to the amusement park after this, you know”

“You can go with Ji Hoon. He was ‘romantic’ and ‘understand of girls feeling’, he even asked you a date didn’t he? Go with him”

“Omoo. Maldo andwae! Neo jinja jaemi eopso!”

“You can wait for me until I’m done, if you insist”

“No way! I don’t want another waiting. Im going home!” she leaning back and crossed her arms against her chest. She staring at him in disbelief, “You have to take me home!”

 So there they were. Walking on the street in silent as they made their way to Kang Joo’s house. Heung Soo still has his cold and annoying face. Kang Joo walking beside him, kept cursing him in hr heart. Hell, her date was messed up.

“We’re here” that’s the only words he said after 30 minutes they spent silent.

Kang Joo has no feeling to protested him or argued with him, so she walked toward the door gate and she turned slightly, “Im in!” she said in a curt tone.

“Hmmm. I’ll see you tomorrow” Heung Soo said. Then she dissapered behind the door.

Instead of turned around and leaving, Heung Soo stood there waiting. Standing still as his eyes were watching the door in front of him. He stucked his hands into his coat pocket, he counting in whisper “Five…four…three…two…one…”

DANG! The door forcely swung opened. On the doorway standing a shocked Kang Joo, on her right hand there is a big bouquet of red roses, and the other hand is a Hot Dog figured doll, it has head, legs and hands like human. It’s cute and wore a tiny black hat. Heung Soo kept manage his cold stare but then his lips crept a smile at the end of it. He was happy seeing her shock and touched expression.

“Yah! Why didn’t you tell me that you send me a flowers and this cute doll to me. You stupid!” she holding back her tears as she looking at the man in front of her.

“Present are supposed to be a surprised, aren’t they? So, do you like it? Are you surprised enough?”

“Of course I am. Do you really have to ask?” she hugged the flower.

“There’s one more” He smiling in sonfident.

“One more? Are you going to make me die?”

“Turn around!”

Kang Joo frowning but dhe doing as he told. She turned around. The she felt a hand wraped around her and put something on her neck. Heung Soo gave her a beautiful necklace with a snowflakes liontin hanging. She quickly turned at him while cupped .

“I got a snowflakes for you. It’s falling from the sky he he he he” he went overwhelming. Without any hesitate Kang Joo jumped and hugged him tightly. He wraped his hands around her, hugghed her bick more tightly.

“Thanks. I loved it. Thank you so much” she parted away.

But suddenly Heung Soo let out a fake cough and his face went cold again, he staring at her “So, are you still thinking that Ji Hoo was more ‘romantic’ than me?”

Kang Joo shook her head and smiling guilty.

“Still thinking that Im a bad boyfriend?”

“No. Im sorry. You’re the best he he he “ she bumped him hard. But Heung Soo didn’t satisfied with her respond.

“That’s it? Only ‘You’re the best’? that’s the best you can come up with? Cih. You’re not so sweet” he looked away pretend to be mad.

“Aigoo, I gave you a hug didn’t I?” she ticked her tongue.

“Just hug? Yah!, It’s hard for me to get the flowers and the doll. Those are limited edition you know. I spent a week to reserved the flower for today, and the doll, it’s super expensive for crying out loud! It’s a costumed doll, one of a kind, special for you. And the necklace, I told you it’s fallen from the sky! I need to race with everyone who wanted it. But what respond do I get?Hug? Cih, that was the-“

Heung Soo got a sudden grabbed by his coat collar. Then he felt a soft-one second-peck on his lips. That’s enough to make him stop talking.

“Happy?!” Kang Joo asked in a very red face. She collected all her guts just to do a peck first, but he deserved it. Heung Soo kep his frozen face, but soon he wakes up he move closer.

“Kang Joo-Ya. One more time!” he pointed to his lips.

Kang Joo took a step back and pushed his face away, “Yah! ert!” her face was already as red as the boiled lobster.

“But that’s to short! At least, five more seconds! Please…” he moved forward but Kang Joo nudged him of harder.

“No! get lost! You said yopu have some work to do. Now, get out at here!”

“That could be wait. I can do it tomorrow” he insisted. But then Kang Joo opened the gate door and disappear inside. Heung Soo now watching blankly at the door.

“Cih, who were being not ‘romantic’ now. I think Im the only guy who just got a peck from his girlfriend on the Valentine’s day. Poor me…” He made a pity sound, to bait Kang Joo out but she’s not. He sigh sharply and turned around.

When he made the second steps away he heard again a sound of door opened. Then another grabbed on his collar. Kang Joo kissed him gently. Heung Soo Smiled between her soft pressed lips on his lips, he pulled her closer and kissed her back.

Kang Joo parted her lips and body, and she stood straight and staring at him, “That’s seven seconds! You got two seconds bonus. Now get lost!” she disappear into her hous again leaving Blushed Heung Soo. He couldn’t stop smiling and snickering while touching his lips. He felt an amused tickled in his stomach. The whole body seems getting hotter in the middle of the winter.

Kang Joo hugged her kness. She still behind the door. She wonder what might possessed her at that time. She didn’t believe of what she just doing. Her heart pounding hard against her chest. Then she heard a yelled outside.

“Yooo-Hooo!!!”

She knew it’s Heung Soo. She covered her boiling face with her hands. It’s a big big luck her mother wasn’t at home that time.

To be continue….

*** Finally update. Little bit busy lately. I’m sorry for the fluffy story in this chapter. But I hope you like it. Still lots of mistakes. Mian and Kamsahamnida.