Sweet Words

School 2013 Fanfic

                Kang Joo was lying on her bed. Her eyes glued at the ceiling but her mind was enywhere else. She still ddoesn’t believe that she just got a confession. Ans the confession came from the king of cold and ignorance, Park Heung Soo. She even pinched her cheek just wanted to know if she was dreaming. But it hurts. She placed both of her hand on her chest once again, she could feel her heart still pounding against hard. If she continued to be nervous as she was now, how she could face Heung Soo for the next days? because techically he didn’t know that he was actualy listening to his confession. If she trying to avoide him, he would know and  he’s going to be the one who avoid her in the end. So, Kang Joo has decided to act like usual. Although it may be a bit difficult.

                That was exactly what Kang Joo did for the next days. She remain to act silly at Heung Soo. Fighting and quarreling about simple things like they usually do everyday. Mocking each other and she also always headlocking him no matter what. But even so, Heung Soo still gave her his cute caring behaviour. For example, he accompanied her to study in the library when Ha Kyung was too busy by her duty as vice president. They eat lunch together. Allthough his moth said he sick of Hot Dogs he alwas finlly gave up when Kang Joo dragged him to eat Hot Dogs together. With all the sweet things he done for her, it’s difficult to avoid being nervous from blushing too much. And one more thing, she hasn’t told anyone about she being confessed,even to Song Ha Kyung. She still keep it deeper in her heart.

                But as the saying goes; The longer you keep a dead meat eventually the scent would smell too. And that’s what happened to Kang Joo at the time she studying together with Ha Kyung right after school in the study hall.

                Song Ha Kyung has a habbit to record the lessons during class to she would listen at home later on. Kang Joo sometimes doing the same thing. But unfortnately that day Ha Kyung’s cellphone couldn’t produse a proper sound when she accidentaly dropped it into the bath tub that morning. So she borrowed Kang Joo’s.

“Kang Joo-Ya. You stored the recorded files in the recording folder, don’t you?” she traced the folders in the phone. “Yeah. It’s automaticaly stored in it” she answered. Her eyes and hand glued to the book she was reading.

After she found the foldershe click one of the file and listened to it. It was math. She opened her math excersise book and nodded to herself. After she understood the parts that she couldn’t before she want to change to another subject, litterature. But difficulty found the file because those were written in the same names. Her thumbs click the file randomly. She focused her hearing, bt then her face wrinkled in confused.

“Oh, igeo….” She worked her brain off to figure out the voice that she listening to. Then she looked at Kang joo in a horror eyes. She had found to whom the voice belonges to, it’s Park Heung Soo. Kang Joo noticed her best friend frozen face. She waved her hand in front of her. “Ha Kyung-ah, what is wrong with you?”.

Ha Kyung stuffed the earphones onto Kang Joo’sboth ears. As Ha Kyung expected she has the same expression like she has.  “Oh…” was the only word Kang Joo could uttered when she too found out the voice belonger.

‘……don’t cry anymore. It makes me hurt to see you cry, you know….”

Kang Joo felt her hands and feets started to tremble.

…..You’re prettier when you smile and laugh and….Eishh What am I talking about? Just sleep. Tight sleep. Im going to sleep, too. Bye!’

Beeeeep.

That’s the longest beep that Kang Joo ever heard. Her eyes went blur and felt hot when tears formed in her eyes. She looked at the date. The day when she had midnight chat with Heung Soo. So, when she fell a sleep, he saying all those sweet word to her?.

“Lee Kang Joo. Tell me what is it? What’s going on between you and Park Heng Soo? When did that happened?” Ha Kyung shooting her with questions. “LEE KANG JOO!” she called her when Kang Joo don’t answer to all her questions. “Well I guess it was the night I cried, You know…” she said after a while. “Hmmm. And then??”

“And then…I asked him if I may call him if I couldn’t sleep…” she explained slowly. “Omoo…and you did?”. Kang Joo nodded slowly. Ha Kyung eyes widened. “What did you guys talked about?”

“He talking bout him being friends with Nam Soon since they were kids. He was the one who keep talking. Im listening”

“So how come you didn’t notice this recording. You recorded it, didn’t you?”

“I might accidentaly recorded it, when I I fell asleep…”

“Mwo?!.You fell to sleep whe he telling you his bromance story? Ah…poor Park Heung Soo…”

“I really didn’t know about it, until you found it. I feel bad right now….”

“Kang Joo-Ya. From the way he treat you lately, and plus his beatiful words toward you, I can tell that…he likes you”

Kang Joo sigh sharply and lean her back to the chair,”You could tell right away. Meanwhile I didn’t even noticed before”. Ha Kyung gasped,”Wait a minute! You seems don’t really look surprised when I say about him liking you. As if…you already knew it!”

Kang Joo glared at her. Oh-Ow. Lee Kang Joo, you’re totally busted!.

“Seolma…he already CONFESSED hmmpfh!” right after the word came out, Kang Joo covered her moth with her hand. With her free hand she made an ‘ssssshhhh’ sign. “Could you be quite!” she exclaimed in whisper. Still mouth covered by Kang joo’s hand Ha Kyung nodded. Kang Joo pulled her hand away. “So, he did? Tell me!” she asked in low squeaking voice. “When the romantic moment happened?”.

“Euhhm…like two months a go.” She bit her lower lip.

“Omoo. So for the last two months you two had been officially…dating?”.

“No!” Kang Joo said in annoyed.

“No? Ok I don’t get it?”

“I mean he did confessed, when I was sleeping in the rooftop”.

“What? He confessed to you when you were sleeping? Hah! What a coward!”.

“He’s not coward! He was rather…cute” Kang Joo defended him. Surprising herself.

“Aigoo…Lee Kang joo. I can tell that you like him too, don’t you?”.

Kang Joo gazed down, smiling. “I…guess so”.

Heard that Ha Kyung grabbed her by her head and lift up her face, ”Look at you face! You really fell for him”

Kang Joo quickly jerked her head off, “He didn’t know I was listening to his confession. So keep your mouth shut!”. “So you just going to keep pretend that you don’t know anything? As if that never happen?”.

“Im not going to consider it as something that never happened. It’s a precious moment to me. I’m just going to wait him to ask me ot properly”

“And when is that?” Ha Kyung raised one of her brow. “How am I supposed to know?” Kang Joo felt anxious. Ha Kyung scoffed to her answer. She shook her heand than shiered, “This conversation made me goosebumps…”

“You got goosebumps. I can’t sleep for two days!” she said in-matter-of-factly. Ha Kyung made face and her eyes wandering arong the study hall. Later she spotted a familiar figure on the doorway. She gasped at Kang Joo, “Kang Joo-ya. Your prince is about to coming here”. Kang Joo followed her gaze the she saw Heung Soo made his way toward them. She quickly snatched a book in front of her and hid herself behind it. “Eoteokhae! I can’t put a poker face at him right now. Im too embarassed!”

“Just handle yourself to keep sane. Don’t make it so obvious!”

“Yah! Song Ha Kyung!” Heng Soo reached the girls. “Teacher Jung is looking for you” He glared at Lkang joo when he asked.

“Is it because teacher Jung or….”. Kang Joo kicked her feet under the table and she shot her with ‘damn-song-ha-kyung-I-told-you-to-shut-up’ stare.

“Why would I lie about this?” Heung Soo made face at Ha Kyung.

Ha Kyung rose to her feet, “O-Ke…See you later Kang Joo-Ya…” she winked at her quitely. Kang Joo drowned her face into the book and Heung Soo noticing, “Ya. Are you going to eat the book?” He snapped her.

“Oh?” Kang Joo popped ot her head a bit. “Look at your face. Already as pale as zombies. Have you eat something for lunch?”

“Oh my god!” Ha Kyung suddenly exclaimed in loud. Made the two love birds turned their head at her. Ha Kyung was shocked in witnessing Heng Soo giving his weird-caring words to Kang Joo. Ha Kyung took glare at Kang Joo whose eyes already shot her in another lazerish look and keep murmuing something. Probably cursing at her.

“Did you forget something?” Heung Soo asked. “No…Im outta here!” she flashed herself out the study hall. Heung Soo frowned, “She’s getting weirder from hanging out with Nam Soon too much”.

“Yeah. She’s always weird…” Kang Joo chimed in,  her face still hidden behind book.

“And apparantely you’re getting weirder yourself, Lee Kang Joo” he added now looking at her.

“Im not!” she dodge up the truth.

”Seriously. Have you eat something for lunch?” he repeated. “Of course. I never missed my lunch. Im fine!”

“Then why you read the book upside down?”

Kang Joo looked at her book. It’s upside down. “I’m just rying something”she tried to make an excused, “It said that if you wanna know if your right brain work properly, you should try to read upside down!”

Heung Soo scoffed and smirked, “See. You’re weird”. He dragged a chair near with his left feet and sat acrossed Kang joo. Seeing Heung Soo sitting in front of her make her anxious. She was afraid that he will find out her embarrassed face.Then she rose up to her feet immediately. “Where are you going?” Heung Soo asked in dissapointment. “Rest room. I need to…ah go there. Faster”

“Are you really ok?” he worried.

“Yeah absolutely. Why? you want to following me to the restroom too?”. Heung Soo made a disgusted face, “Sorry. Not my style!”

“Good. Here…” Kang joo tossed him the book she was holding, “Read it! It’s a good book”

“But I don’t want to read it upside down” He mocked her.

“Fine. Do whatever you want!” then she vanished to the toilet.

After make sure that no one else around, She locked herself. She took a deep breath rapidly. Massaging her cheeks to make it relax. But nothing change. Her cheeks still feel numb. And her heart keep pit-a-pating hard. Feeling desperate, she hither head to the wall. “Why am I becoming like this? It’s all your fault ParK Heung Soo!”

To Be Continued....