Part Time Worker

School 2013 Fanfic

Heung Soo was sitting on his matress in his bedroom. He reading a comic book that he couldn't finished before. After a while he put down the comic book, he glanced to his backpack. But he shrugged all the thought he has in mind. When hi eyes were glued to the comic, Kang Joo's desperate face flashed on his mind. The face that she hd when she trying hard on today tutoring.

Then he gave up. He sigh as he reached his backpack and it. He pulled out a litterature book that he and KangJoo were discussed today. 

"For the sake of Lee Kang Joo...", he said. He opened the book, then he frowned to a piece of paper attached on one page. It's Kang Joo's written. The note said:

"I swap your books with mine. Thought you'd better use my book to study because I've marked on poets and proverbs that might come out in the exam. So you have to read it. Hwaiting!"

All Heung Soo could do it's just giggled and chuckled. When he read the note, he could imagine her expression. He looked to the pages. The blue, red and green marker and highlighted the poems an poverbs. On top of the each highlighted poems and proverbs she wrote a simple meaning or explanation about it. He could see how much Kang Joo likes litterature. No wonders she once become school's representataive for litterature essay competition. Her essays were no joke.

When he was skimming the book, he heard a voice. It was his Noona.

"Oh, Heng Soo-ya. You're studying?", She asked a bit amazed.

"Ah...yeah...a little," He awkwardly replied.

"Sorry for disturbing you, but could you help me?"

"What is it Noona?"

"Could you give this to Sun Mi ajumma...", she placed a jar of radish kimchi that wraped in a blue fabric in front of him. "...I promised to give her those if I made some. Do yo mind?"

Heung Soo stood up,grabbed his coat and shook his head, "It's ok Noona I'll go..."

Sun Mi ajumma is the owner of a Traditonal food restaurant. She was also a friend of his sister when she was used to work in that restaurant. Heung Soo got out from bus. He made his way to the restaurant. He got in. He looked around among those custumers and faound Sun Mi ajumma in the cashier counter. When she realized his presence, she smiled. He gave her a bow.

"Aigooo....you're Heung Soo right? what makes you come here?"

"igeo yo...," he handed the kimchi to her. She received it in happy. "Noona told me to give you this. It's not much, but she hopes you like it."

She held his both hand and rubbed it softly, "Aigoo...you dont have to bothered. Your Noona  was a very kind person. She still give me food even though she was very busy. Tell her Im very gratefull...her cook was great."

Heung Soo nooded, smiling back. "I will ajummeoni...". Then Heung Soo took his leave.

He walked to the back of the restaurant to reach the back door. But when he passed the dishes room, He stoped. He though he saw someone familiar. He walked backward. Peeked throught the half oppened door. Soon enough he straighten his back in surprised. He noticed the person who standing with the back facing him and busy washing dishes is Kang Joo. Her hand wraped with a red rubber gloves. She was busy washing the dishes. But it seems the amount of it doesn't got decreased as the dirty plates tower beside her getting higher.

Heung Soo almost run to her when she almost drop the plate she's been holding, but she could grabbed it before it fell on the ground. They both sighed in relief. Kang Joo took off the gloves. Now her hand wraped by  bubbles. Stupid, Heung Soo thought. That would only make your hand more slipery. But She lookes more comfotable without the gloves.

"Dude. You blocked my way!". A voice came made Heung Soo looked away from Kang Joo. He found a guy with a troller full of dishes on it. The guy skimming him from head to toe. He glanced to the dishes room.

"Here!," He pushed the troller to Heung Soo. Heung Soo blinked his eyes in surprise and exchanged looked from the troller to the guy. Heung Soo's confused face only made the guy clicked his tongue. "What are you doing? Don't you have dishes to do?"

Heung Soo scoffed. "Am I looked like a part time worker here?...."

"I dunno! Im I looked like one myself?! go, give it to her!". The guy insisted him to take the troller. He too surprisingly nudged him to entered the room.

"Lee Kang Joo. Here come more plates!",the guy yelled. Kang Joo spun around and when she wanted to reply, she gasped and her eyes widened when she recognize the person next to the troller guy.

"YAA! Park Heung Soo...You..." her words sputtered. She pointing at him.

"So you two knew each other. Good. Start to work!", He patted hard Heung Soo's back before he left Heng Soo stood in a very reddish face.

"You...What are you doing here?" KangJoo asked in a squeaky voice. He threw off his embarassed face, he instanly changed it with his ususal cold, expresionless face whaen he approach her, pulled the troller with him.

"Seolmaa...you working here too?" Kang Joo asked with a smile spreaded on her lips.

"You think I purposely ran here to help you? Huh,in your dream!" He snapped.

"Arasseo. You dont have to be that sarcastic!" She pouted. Soon enough Heung Soo regret of what he's been saying. He just can't help it. He was embarrassed. He decided to keep pretend as a part time worker too. Heung Soo snatched the plate from Kang Joo. He silently washed the plate. Kang Joo hissed then took another one.

"You never told me that you also doing part-time job?"

"Why should I tell you!", He snapped her once again. Everytime Heung Soo is ashame, he yells a lot. But that only offended Kang Joo.

"FINE! NO MORE QUESTION!" She snapped back, without looking at him. She remain silent. Heung Soo looked at her crown. He knew she was angry. He felt guilty that he willing drowned his head into the sink. He snatched the plate in Kang Joo's hand again.

"It's not something that you proudly show off to everybody. That's why I didin't tell you...", He explained.

"But I thought we were friends...", She leaning her back to the sink to faced him when she asked.

"We...are..." Heung Soo answered, having no gut to look her back in the eyes. That made Kang Joo broght her face closer to his.

"Then, as friends we must share everything, right?"

"What do you mean 'everything' ?" Heung Soo step back, looked at her suspiciously.

"YAAA!", Kang Joo kicked his foot. He bent down to robbed the sore. " not that everything 'everything'. It's just that we should share our problems, the goods or bads. Do you think you would only hang out with Nam Soon for the rest of your school-life?"

"Nam Soon alone had already bothering me, now you.....please!" He joked. But once again Kang Joo thought of it seriously.

"Am I that bad?"she asked in a sad voice. Heung Soo rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"Stop asking 'Am I that bad?, do you hate me?' those kind of questions. Cause you know the answer is no." He said in his usual tiredsounding voice. "But yeah...you're bit noisy." He added quitely. But not quite enough cause as the result he endded up being headlocked by KangJoo. He nudged her away and looked into Kang Joo's snickering face.

"Damn Lee Kang Joo. You made the bubbles stucked on my hair!" he protested.

"He he he... My bad. Let me fix it, " Kang Joo washed her hand. Then he reached Heung Soo's head. An icy cold sensation crept Heung Soo's whole body when he felt Kang Joo's hand adjusting his hair. His body went stiff. He noticed her face was just few inches away from his. He could feel his face started tu burn. Before Kang Joo could notice His red face, he pulled back his head away.

"Ya! just fin-finish your work !" He could hide his embarrassed face but he couldn't avoid being falter on his words. Kang Joo wrinkled her nose and narrowed her eyes, "Keurae! arasseo" she went back to do dishes. Heung Soo watching her washed the plates roughly. Once again he snatched the plate.

"Yaaaah!" Kang Joo protested. Heung Soo shoved her a side. "You're too slow. I saw you almost drop one a while before. And if you did. trust me, you'll be in a massive trouble"

Kang Joo's mouth opened. She punched him on his arm. He winced in pain, "That hurts!"

"You deserved it!. You've been watching we for a long time and you didn't help?"

"Im helping you now! just back off. I'll do the rest!"

"Im working here too for crying out loud! or maybe..." she gave him a scary look, "....you attemp to get a higher payment. so you bothering yourself doing all these by yourself. Cih, what a sly!"

"Seriously, your head always full of negative thinking. Should I washed your brain too...." he grinned as he raised the sponge in front of her face. Kang Joo jerked back, she shield her face using her both hand. "Back off!"

"It's not gonna hurt, just a bit sting and stuff..." Heung Soo moved closer. He keeps waggling and squezing the sponge so the slushy bubbles droping on the floor. But he stoped when a splashed of water came to his face. Kang Joo laugh holding the shower.

"Eisssh..." he swept his face. "...You want a war, huh!"

"Bring it on!", once again she shot some water to his face. She snickered loud. Just when Heung Soo extended his hand to nudge the sponge into her face. The guy from erlier showed up. 

"YAAAA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING!" the guy screamed his lungs out. Kang Joo and Heung Soo frozen in panic.

"You were hired for doing the dishes. Not having some stupid-lame 'attacking each other' dating! Do yor job! FASTER!"

After the guy left. Kang Joo and Heng Soo exchanged look. Heung Soo straighten his back, glared at quite KangJoo. They both remain silent until Kang Joo suddenly snorted. Her snorted soon changed into a loud-bust of laughing. Heung soo blinked his eyes in shocked watching Kang Joo titled her head back and lauging like a crazy person. She also keep shoving him a side. He too finally laugh softly. Then, in his eyes. The moment Kang Joo laughing out loud was playing in a slow motion.

To be continued

*** This chapter kinda predictable. And a bit weird as well.  I Dunno, I guess there's lots stupid coincidents in Kdrama too since Im a big fan of Kdrama. So, leave a comment to let me know what you think.