Coward Confession

School 2013 Fanfic

Shortly After he decided to enter S University, he felt goosebumps. To graduate itself, needed more than an effort in studying. Moreover to pass the University exam. Surely he must immerese himself in the books, books, and lots of books. He doubt it if he can make it. But when he see Kang Joo again in front of him. He affirmed his heart. Heung Soo stared at Kang Joo who had spent three quarter of her Jajangmyun. Watching Kang Joo eating it already feels like a habit to him. And he still want to have the other opportunity in the future.

"You're not eating?" Kang Joo's question made Heung woke from his daydream.

"Nah. Im full. Just seeing you eat like that. Seriously.!" He scoffed.

"You have to eat lot more. You'll need plenty of strenght to beat the exam.” She said, stuffed the noddles inside .

“If you eat like that im not really sure you’ll be a succed in your flirting” Heung Soo suddenly pry up.

Kang Joo gazed up at him, “You hear that?” she grinned.

“You two were so excited about your plan to go on flirting once you get into college. Hah. I just feel sorry for your future boyfriend cause he seems need plenty of money to feed your big appetite”

“Why? I eat normally” Kang Joo changed her position a little bit upright and smiled sweetely.

“Normal you said? Girl should eat slowly not greedy like you” Heung Soo spread his little teasing smile.

He thought Kang Joo would get angry and defend herself like usual, but she leaned her body forward instead and narrowed her eyes. “Really? Guys mostly like that kind of girls?” She asked in full of couriousity.

A pang came into Heung Soo’s heart. Is she Serious?

“Should I grow my hair longer?” She added in more earnest on her face.

Heung Soo getting annoyed. Damn, Park Heung Soo. Why’d you have to bring that thing up and made yourself burned.

“Should I put some make ups too?” She placed her hand on her cheeks when she asked.

He seriously didn’t like this conversation.

“Ya! Why you didn’t answer my questions?” She demanded.

“Do whatever you want! I don’t really care!” He looked away and snatched his drink. He took a long gulp. He really need to calm down.

“So, what kind of girl do you like, Park Heung Soo?”

Heung Soo almost spilled out his drink when he heard she asked that. He could handle his cought, but the result his throat got stung. He turned at her in surprised.

“Dou you like the pretty with long hair, too?” She looked at him sharply.

What is wrong with her? Is she implying something?

He cleared his throat, “Of Course. Do you think I like the rude and weird kind of girl like you?” He shot her. Soon enough Kang Joo eyes widened and her face frowned in anger.

“What? You said Im rude and weird? Eisssssh. I’ll Kill you!”

She rose up to grabbed Heung Soo’s head but her sudden movement made the table shaked and Heung Soo’s jajangmyun bowl fell and spilled on his uniform.

“Ah! Mian mian mian mian mian mian!” Kang Joo apoligized over and over again in panic, while her hands unconsiously sweep the black soy bean sauce to not to spill more on Heung Soo’s uniform.

“Eissssiiii!” Heung Soo stood up in anger. He took tissues as much as possible. But instead of clean himself, he snatched Kang Joo’s hand whose covered with black sauce and cleaned it. “You’re so sloppy, Lee Kang Joo. You should really stop your abusive habbit!”

Kang Joo felt another weird feelling in her heart. The same like on the night he holding her hand along the way to her house. Deep in her heart, she liked it. But she assumed her feeling as a feeling of having a caring big brother. More than that? She’s too afraid to figure that out yet. But one thing she assured of from a long time ago. Heung Soo was no longer just a troublemaker coincidently involved in her life, but someone special who made her heart warms.

“Let’s go back to school. It’s almost the time!” He dropped her hand. Kang Joo still froze in silenced. “You PAY!” He demanded her before he walked out the restaurant.

“Haksaeng? Are you allright?” Kang Joo even didn’t notice that the waitress ahjumma already cleaned the mess and looked at her in worried.

“Ye?” She asked back.

“All you allright?” She repeated.

“Ye!” She answered fast and walked to the cashier.

She walked out from the restaurant and found Heung Soo standing with his back on the wall and he eyed his own feet that playing the stone. He waiting for her. He straihted his body when he saw Kang Joo’s presence, “Let’s go. I don’t want to be late!” he walked away.

Kang Joo smiled with the very bright and happy one. She catch up him and hook his arm with her. “LET’S GO!”

^_^ .  ^_^ .  ^_^

Weeks had passed. The student of Seung RI High busy themselves with in extra lesson. The students more frewuently visit the library and drowned themselves into the books. The time they spent there also much longer. For a smart student like Song Ha Kyung herself, to enter the University is a big challanged. Especially with the bigger pressure she get after her escape incident when her mom scolded her. She barely breath. But the though of attend the same school eith her bestfriend Lee Kang Joo made her work harder, Kang Joo eagerly to do the same after all. So it’s not a wasted decision.

During the weeks, Heung Soo and Nam Soon also begab to focus on their study. Heung Soo even kept his comic books In boxes and hid those inside his closet. Heung Soo also always wrote all the teachers were saying during the class. Nam Soon also do the same thing. And their sudden act made the two girls smiled happily when they took glanced at them in class.

Heung Soo found something he didn’t realized before. He amazed by himself. He found that the more you focus the more you’ll get better. He also could maintanied his score on tests and those fact made gave him a little bit of confidents to enter the S University.

“You really don’t have any plan for college?” Heung Soo asked Nam Soon as they walked to school the next day.

“I see the one who serously for college is you…” Instead of answering Nam Soon just scoffed him.

“Aisssh. You’re not answering my question, Sekki Ya!”

“I don’t Know,” Nam Soon shrughed lightly and turned to him, “So, which university you attemped to go to?”

Heung Soo didn’t aswer him. He was in a deep thinking.

“Ah, S university of course. Why am I asking that stupid question?”

Heung Soo looked annoye, “Is there only S University that exsist in South Korea, Cih!” He dodged.

“No. But the only University that Lee Kang Joo eagerly to enter is S University…”

“Why is has to do with Lee Kang Joo. Do you think I decided to go to college because of Lee Kang Joo?”

“Don’t you?!” Nam Soon looked him in the eyes, with a challenging stare.

Heung Soo blinking rapidly when his eyes met Nam Soon’s. “The hell No! That’s a stupid reason. You know Im doing this for Noona”

“Yeah. Yeah. You can dodged at me as much as you want. But everything is clearly written on your face, I babo sekki Ya!”

Heung Soo stopped his track. Is that obvious? He should be more careful in his attitude.

“Don’t Worry, dude. I won’t tell anyone!” He exclaimed at him while walking into the school gate.

“Eissssh. That bastard, really…!”

*o* .  *o* .  *o*

When Nam Soon step his left foot on the first step to upstairs, he saw a girl whose face hidden behind the pilled up papers. From the way he smiling, it obviously Song Ha Kyung. He watching her go downstair and she kept glancing to her step. One by one she walked in carefully. Then she notice the figure down the stairs.

“Ya! Go Nam Soon!” She shouted to him, made her lost a step and lost her balance. Nam Soon eyes widened as he reached for her. Ha Kyung extended hands were grabbed by Nam Soon. Ha Kyung’s face was right above him. Their eyes were glued into another. The papers were flew around. They keep silenced and stare to each other. Ha Kyung blinking rapidly and felt her cheeks getting hotter. Then they heard of someone’s fake cough. They parted immedietely.

“Eisssh.  What a mess!” Heung Soo bent down to collected the papers.  “For a smart girl. You’re careless enough to not pay attention to your ways” Heung Soo exchanged his look from Ha Kyung to Nam Soon. He smirked at their embarassed faces.

“Ya! You take these. It’s the kids excersises papers. Take it to Teacher Kang. He’ll give you another copies!” She shot her and walked upstairs. Heung Soo looked at Nam Soon. His mouth were tightly closed, as if he restrained to laugh.

“What?” Nam Soon asked him. Heung Soo shook his head. He patted Nam Soon shoulder before he go upstairs too.

When the class end Ha Kyung motion to Nam Soon to followed him.

“What is it?” Nam Soon asked.

“Teacher Jung wanted us to help her to prepared some copies of material. After the class. Make sure be there”

Nam Soon only stared at her. It makes Ha Kyung annoyed. “Did you hear me?”

Nam Soon nodded quitely. Ha Kyung didn’t shot him more too, she spun around and walked.

“Song Ha Kyung. You forget something!” He shouted. Ha Kyung stopped, then looked over her shoulder.

“Here!” Nam Soon  threw something. Ha Kyung catched that thing right away. It’s a lolipop again.

“Sorry. Im late. Congratulation for your perfect math score. And…that’s grape. Your favourite” Nam Soon smiled at her while walking passed her. Ha Kyung watched Nam Soon getting further. She gigled. And put the candy into her pocket.

^o^   ^o^   ^o^

Heung Soo was ready  walking to home when he saw Ha Kyung walking back and forth, cursing at her phone. He passed her, but she stopped him.

“Park Heung Soo. Did you see Kang Joo?” she asked in worried.

“The last time I see, she was with you in the library”

“Yeah. I left her to see Teacher Kang to tell him helping him and when I came back to tell her I’ll be long she’s gone”

“Gone? She’ll just probably already went home. Just called her”

“I did. She didn’t answer. But Im sure she’s still here. Tell her I have to go home first. You know,  My mom” She raised her brows and motion to her phone. “Tell her ok, Just in case you see her” Then she’s vanished right away.

“What the? Does she think Im a messege teller?” Then he too  worked his head. Where is she? Soon enough he already took his way upstrairs to the library.

He found the library was almost emptied. Just two or three students sitting there. No Kang Joo.  It should be the perfect place to find her. He traces the whole book shelves  just in case she was hidden behind it. Looking for books. But nothing.

“Where the hell is she?”. He made his way to the girls restroom. Asked one of the girls that came out if Lee Kang Joo was inside. No. He went to the gymnasium. Also no Lee Kang Joo. He thought of one place. Rooftop.

He looked aroung the rooftop. And when he just about to leaved he saw a head on a table, the rest the body blocked by the wall. He walked closer to see better and found the head was Lee Kang Joo’s. She is sleeping, sat on the unused chair from the closet behind her. She rest her head with only one her hand as the pillow. Her both ears was stuffed by earphones. The books were scattered on the floor.

Heung Soo sigh in relief. “Eisshh. What does she doing here?”

“Ya! Lee Kang Joo! Wake up!” He kicked the table’s feet. Kang Joo didn’t even moved.

“Hey. Sleepy head. Wake up! Ha Kyung went home first for emergency. She told me to tell it to you”

Kang Joo still closed her eyes. Heung Soo took a chair and sit next to her. “LEE KANG JOO!” Heung Soo pulled off the earphone from one of her ears. “Eisshh. Wake up! Go to your home if you want to sleep” he poked her head. She didn’t even winced.

Heung Soo gave up. He staring at her face. He felt his heart started to pounding hard again. He stuffed back the earphone into her ear.

“Fine. just sleep” He said. His eyes glued to her sleepy face. She looked peaceful. Beautiful. Her sound of breathing was also sounded harmonize for him. He even notice that her hair grew longer from the last he noticing. As he watched her sleep he thought.

Damn, Lee Kang Joo. You make me really want to enter the S University. Make sure theres no other guys will come to near you.

In that moment he realized something else. He wasn’t just like her, but he… fell in love with her.

“Lee Kang Joo…” He said, gazed down, as if he already ashamed of his thought. “while your’re sleep there is something I want to say…”

He scoffed, “I know this sound cowardly to say this while your’re sleep. Well, maybe because I know you won’t hear it so I dare to tell. But I have to say to make myself at ease. I don’t Know if I would have another chance to say it properly after we graduate. And we split…..” He silenced. He exhaled sharply but slowly then he looked at her, more deeply, “….I like you”

After the word came out of his mouth, he gigled. Couldn’t believe what he had done. He rosed up and walked away in embarassed. He kept made his way out the rooftop. He didn’t know that a few seconds after He left. Kang Joo opened her eyes. Her face went stiff. Numb. She straigten her back and looked at the table blankly. He put her hand on her chest, feeling her heart beating fast so she barely breath.

She listened. She heard every words Heung Soo had said. She was just pretend to sleep, thought. She attempt to pranked on him, but she surprised instead. Then she felt a tears come fell on her cheeks. Tears of happines. That moment, she too realized that she likes Heung Soo.

To Be Continue.......

*** Im sorry to write the confession to seems coward. Hope you like it.