Distance Aproaches

School 2013 Fanfic

Kang Joo’s face was frowning in confused as she staring at the weird Heung Soo. He was smiling wide since they met up after the afternoon class. His face was exactly the same as a child who just received a present on his birthday. He even tightly hugged her in front of everyone, that’s made him even weirder.

                “What is wrong with you?” Kang Joo looked around in embarrassed  as people snickering and whispering after watching them. But Heung Soo kept  smiling.

                “I got an A+ for my article report”

                “Really?” Kang Joo jumped a bit as she heard the good news. “Chukkahae! I’m happy for you” she patted him on his shoulder, smilling as well.

                “Kim Kyosu-nim said that I should pursue my career in writing articles. My writing was good enough to be post on the professional newspaper or magazines. He also praised my honest critical about our  country’s future in sport”

                “Wow! Allready found a future, I see…” Kang Joo bumped him and raising her brows up and down. Heung Soo quickly wrapped his hand around her shoulder and pulled her closer, he gazed down at her and smiling.

                “Thanks to you” He mischievously pinched her nose.

                “What? Me?” Kang Joo pointing at herself.

                “You’re the one who suggested me to take this path. And now I realized that I finally found what I’ve been looking for. Gomawo chagiya...”

Heard him calling her ‘Chagiya’ made Kang Joo blushed and creep in the same time, she embarassly pushed him away.

                “Since when you calling me chagiya?”

                “Wae? Don’t you like it? Or you want me to call you with…’ LOVE’”

Kang Joo’s face getting hotter, “Yah! That’s even sound creepier” she walked away, brought her red face away with her. She was too shy to admitted that she liked it to heard him called her ‘chagiya’. She felt like all stars falling from above.

                “Eiiii, I knew you like it” Heung Soo grabbed her shoulder again and embraced her more tightly. He staring at her and laugh, “Awww. You looked really cute when you’re blush” he pinched her cheek.

                “Shut up!” she jerked him off again but she too couldn’t help giggling.

Heung  Soo kept on teasing Kang Joo until they heard a loud cough from bwhind them. It’s their lecturer, Prof. Kim Dae Han. The two lovebirds parted away and stood straightly and bowed at their professor in unison.

Prof. Kim Dae Han only shook his head and ticked his tongue. “Aigoo, the whole campus are knew that you are a CC (Campus-Couple), so you don’t have to show off your lovey-dovey everywhere”

Kang Joo gazed down at the ground and felt her cheeks burned, but Heung Soo he looking at his teacher with a joy smiled.

                “Wae Yo? Is professor envious of us?”

Kang Joo elbowed him hard. How dare he said that to a professor. Eventhough they were pretty close it not an appropriate things to said to your lecturer.

                “Cih! Keurae! I admitted that Im envious. That’s why Im taking your girl away” Prof. Kim quickly grabbed Kang Joo’s hand and pulled her with him. “It’s my turn to have a date with Kang Joo. Don’t following us Park Heung Soo!”

“OH!!” Heung Soo pointing to the young prof’s hand that held Kang Joo’s tightly and taking her away with him. He quietly cursed that old ert-bastard as he watching them quickly gone away. He reminds him of Wu Fan a lot.

---------------

Prof. Kim took Kang Joo to the backyard garden near the theather faculty building. They both having a soda and sitting on the bench under a tree. Prof. Kim couldn’t stop giggling as he recounted the expression on Heung Soo’s face before.

                “His face implying as his going to kill me” The young and weird professor laughing and gave Kang Joo a bumped on her shoulder, he was really amused.

                “Kyosu-nim. You took me here not only for make Heung Soo jealous didn’t you?” Kang Joo asked him to make him stop laughing like crazy. She knew that prof. was weird but the way he suddenly took her and treat her soda is clear enough that he has something to say.

The prof. stop laughing and sigh in surrender, “Yeah, you’re right. Actually I wanna to tell you something”

                “Mwo-e yo?” Kang Joo placed the soda beside her, she staring at the youg prof and waiting for his next words. But Prof. Kim didn’t say any words right away, he was staring back at her instead and there is a big doubt written on his face.

                “Allright…” he leaned forward and groping to his back pocket. Then he pulled out a rolled paper and handed it to Kang Joo. Kang Joo opened the rolled up and read it. It’s a school’s student exchanged program for the Jurnalism faculty. To America. As she finished reading, she turned to see her teacher and gave him a puzzled look.

                “Did Heung Soo told you that he got an A+ for his articles?”

                “Oh, yes he did” Kang Joo smiled, “He was super happy about that”

                “Well, I admitted that he deserved it. His article was brilliant. I can see how much he likes Soccer”

                “Was he that good?”

                “Hmmm. He was” Prof. Kim smiling at Kang Joo who seems pleasant about that fact.

                “Ah, dahaengida…”

                “And he told me that was you who encourage him to do all this from the first place, is that true?”

                “I never thought that he really cared and listened to my advice”

                “So, you’ll happy if he pursue his future?” Prof. Kim motioned to the paper. Now Kang Joo understood. She smiled.

                “He once lost his dream and nearly give up, seeing  great opportunity like this might led him to his another dream. I would be really happy if he enlist for this program”

                “Really?”

                “Kyosu-nim showed me this because you think I might stop him and not letting him to go, didn’t you? So I said, Im fine. I won’t mind”

                “No, actually. I knew you won’t mind. Im worrying about Heung Soo that he might doesn’t want to leave you instead”

                “You want me to pursued him in case he reject your offer?”

                “Can you? I bet he would say no at first. So, can you?”

                “Why are you telling me this first?”

                “Don’t know. Just thought that when he finally tell you himself, it won’t hurt that much. You’ll prepared”

Kang Joo snorted softly as she heard his answer. That professor really too much putting of his concerned toward her relationship with Heung Soo.

                “You’ll be ok, right?” once more Prof. Kim make sure.

Kang Joo nodded surely, “you should tell him quickly kyosu-nim”

                “Ah, you right. So, I’ll see you around” he left.

As the young professor went back inside the campus Kang Joo hasn’t moved her body. Her back still attached to the bench and her eyes glued to the ground. She couldn’t lie to herself that she actually felt a bit sad. She was too used to have Heung Soo around, but sooner he’s going to leave. She sigh deeply to the though of two years that she will going to spend without Heung Soo. But he won’t be any kind of selfish thing. She’s not someone who has the right to prevent him to pursue his future. She was nothing. After she settled her heart up, she rose to her feet and spread a ittle smile on her lips even the forcely one.

(^_^)      (^_^)     (^_^)

Kang Joo met up with Heung Soo, Ha Kyung and Nam Soon at the coffee place near campus. As Heung Soo watched her took a seat next to him, he shot her “ So, how was your date, Lee Kang Joo!”

Not only Kang Joo who had a frowning face at him but also Ha Kyung and Nam Soon. Kang Joo relled her eyes and replied, “It was fun. Rea-lly fun!”

“Cheating on me already? Huh?” His annoyed face getting worse.

                “You were caught cheating on Heung Soo? Who is he? I’d love to know him” Nam Soon chuckling. It was fun to see his cold besfriend’s expression when he was jealous. At least no longer a creepy face and fiercly eyes but the obvious and the honest one. And only Lee Kang Joo who easily made him like that.

                “I bet it was prof. Kim Dae Han” Ha Kyung chimed in as she staring at the couple in front of her

                “What? A professor? You cheated him with a professor? Daebak!” Nam Soon clapping his hands effectively made Heung Soo turned at him and murmuring a cursed at him.

                “If I were Heung Soo, I would be jealous too you know” Ha Kyung her chin. “Because Prof. Kim was a genius young professor, and Kang Joo was easily fell for that kind of guy. She even has a big crush at Teacher Kang back at school time”

                The three of them gasped in unison as they heard the information. Nam Soon laughing at Kang Joo. Heung Soo once again gave her a ‘Serously?’ stare at her, Kang Joo avoided his eyes and smacked on Ha Kyung’s arm. “No, Im not!”

                “Yes, you are!” Ha Kyung shot her back as she rubbed her sore arm.

                “You never told me about that” Heung Soo narrowed his eyes.

Kang Joo had enough. She put her best seducing smile on her lips, “Instead of talking nonsense, why don’t you get me a coffee. Im thirsty, Oppa…”

                “Cih! You think that Im gonna lose for that smile?”

                “Fine! I’ll go get it myself, babo ya!” she stomped her feet and quickly stood up, but Heung Soo snatched her hand and giggling.

                “Allright, Allright. I lose. Sit” He pulled back her to her seat and he walked to the counter and ordered her a coffee.

                “Wow, Kang Joo-Ya. I never see him so jelly like that” Nam Soon Kang Joo’s hair.

                “Yeah. You’ve changed him. He must be like you a lot” added Ha Kyung.

                “Eih, Shut up!” Kang Joo hid her amused face with a smacked on each of their arms. “Guys, let’s have some fun!” she said after a while.

                “You want to go to the club?” Nam Soon asked earnestly but Ha Kyung elbowed him hard.

                “Don’t you have class after this?”

                “No, Honey. It got canceled. So Im free now” he pinched his girlfriend cheeks. Heard that Ha Kyung smiled triumpanthly.

                “Let’s go then!”

                “Where? Let’s go where?” Heung Soo showed up with a coffee in his hand which he put it in front of thirsty Kang Joo.

                “We’re going to the club. Come!” answered Kang Joo.

                “Club? Sounds fun. Im in!” Then he felt his phone shaking inside his pocket. He pulled it out and read the incoming message. Soon enough his face was turned into a disappointment. “Oh, guys. Im afraid I can’t”

Another dissaponted sigh came out from Kang Joo, “Wae? Is something Happen?”

Heung Soo raised his phone a bit, “Need to go back to campus. Prof. Kim told me to see him immediately. He said it’s emergency”

A Pang came into Kang Joo’s heart. It must be the time Prof. Kim tell him about the program. She gazed down and staring at her hand. Why does she still feel hurts? She thought that she has settled her heart for that, but apparantely she hasn’t yet.

“Eissh, that Professor really always put himself in the middle of our fun”  Heung Soo cursed at his phone.

                “Don’t be like that, it must be rally important”

                “See, you always defended him”

                “I mean, it might your turn to have a date with him”

                “What? The hell no!”

                Kang Joo trying so hard to laugh as usual, she pushed him to made him got up, “Go, Palli!”

                “I’ll catch up you guys later!” He waved at Ha Kyung and Nam Soon and he ruffled Kang Joo’s hair before he really leaving.

Kang Joo kept watching him walked out the glass door and made his way toward the campus path walk. She sigh quietly. Ok. She’s going to wait, wait for him to tell her everything. She’s going to wait.

To be continue……

### Another chapter before it ends. Honestly…… I don’t want to ended it up so quickly, so I will post for some more chapter, but not much, Im afraid that you’ll be bored. Sorry if this wasn’t as good as you expected. And please leave your comment. Kamsahanida.