It's Okay

Real One 2

AMBER's POV

 

Seeing Krystal with Junsuk really pricked my heart. I am really tired of feeling this pain inside my chest. When our eyes meet, I smiled at her and she smiled back. I decided not to look again at their direction because I don't know if I can handle the pain if I did. Yoona and I went out at the parlor first. I walk Yoona into their house. Yuri is not yet home when I got into our house. Before I can walk pass in out living room, our house phone ring. When I answered it, I heard grandma Jung on the other line. She wanted me to go into their house to have dinner with them. I wanted to refuse but she said that Yuri is already there and she insisted for me to come so I accepted her invitation. I drive going into the Jung's house. I greeted grandma Jung, Sica, Yuri and Nicole. I think Krystal is not yet home.

 

"Bro, I heard you are hanging with this one girl, who is she?" Yuri asked me with a smirl when grandma Jung left us.

 

"She is just a friend,Yul. Her name is Im Yoona." I answered to him and scoffed.

 

"You should intorduce her to us,Am." Nicole said to me.

 

"Okay, I will set a date for you guys to meet her."I answered with a smile. My eyes was shifted to Sica when I notice how the way she look at me. I think she is worried at me. "Don't look at me like that, Sica." I told her.

 

"I don't know what you are talking about, Am."she replied and giggled.

 

"Anyway, we are planning to go to the beach this weekend. It has been a while since we all hang out and had a good time." Yuri said to me.

 

"That's sounds fun. Can I invite Yoona to come with us?"I said to them excitedly.

 

"Yeah, you can. Introduce her to us on that day." Sica replied to me.

 

"I think I will call Donghae to come here so that I will not be alone."Nicole said jokingly and we all laugh.

 

In the middle of our conversation, Krystal came in with Junsuk. I can feel the awkwardness in the atmosphere. Junsuk greeted all of us with a smile and we did the same. I think she wasn't informed that we are in their house because she looks surprise when she saw me and Yuri. Junsuk joined us in our dinner. Halmoni is sitting on the head of the table. On her right side was Sica, Krystal, and Nicole. On the left is Yuri, Junsuk and me. The awkward atmosphere is all around the room.

 

"Junsuk, we are planning to go to the beach this weekend, I think it will be more fun if you come with us." I said to him. Everyone's eyes was on me. I think they got surprise that I talk to Junsuk,casually.

 

"Sure, I love to."Junsuk enthusiastically.

 

I smile at Krystal when I turn to her. Telling her that I am okay if she is now with Junsuk but deep inside I am really not. We have a long talk on our dinner. I focus my attention to others and not to Krystal and Junsuk. I just imagined that they are not in the same room with me now. After our dinner, I was called by Halmoni and we talk at their veranda. The rest are in the living room. She offered me a cup of tea. I was sitting across her in a round table.

 

"Amber, I am grateful and glad that you truly love my granddaughter. But it is okay to me as well as to your Halmoni if you will give up on Soojung. You don't need to hold on into your feelings for her anymore."Halmoni Jung said to me. I smile sadly at her.

 

"I'm am learning now how to live without her Halmoni. I am only waiting for the day to come that when I look at her, I will feel absolutely nothing."I answered to her in a sad tone of voice.

 

"I hope that day will come too soon."Halmoni answered.

 

"I hope to, Halmoni." I answered.

 

After our talk, I headed back to where the rest is. On my way there, I meet Krystal. I notice that there is sadness in her eyes.

 

"Are they still in the living room?"I asked her.

 

"Y-Yeah."she answered without looking at me.

 

"Oh, okay." I answered. I wonder what's wrong with her.

 

It is only now that I notice the big gap between us and the invisible that was built. I decided to break it because I don't like the feeling of us being awkward to each other. Maybe I should stop being bitter to what had happened to us and accept that I can't really bring back our romantic relationship again.

 

"Uhm, Krystal, it's okay to me now if you will be with Junsuk. I am happy for you that you are now, and I had decided to let go of my feelings for you. Just give me a little more time and when I completely get over you, can I ask you to become my friend again?" I said to her.

 

I notice that her eyes widened and she looked at me. The sadness in her eyes are still present and it looks more sadder now than earlier. I smiled at her and she managed to smiled back. I take her smile as a yes so I feel a little bit happy about it.

 

"Thank you." I answered happily.

 

I think I am done fighting for her. It is time for me to start the process of moving on. I excuse myself to her, and before I can walk pass to her, I see from the corner of my eyes that her tears rolled down on her cheeks. I wanted to stop from walking, but I am afraid that if I did, I will change my mind of moving on. I was stopped from walking when I heard her say those words again.

 

"I..I..I still love you!" she said to me and it made my eyes widened.