Outburst

Whispers of Fire

 

 

 

“What is it, Kiseop?”

Kiseop’s cheeks were pink and sweaty. “The other students have noticed __________’s absence and they are demanding to know what is going on. They’re outraged and...” He hesitated. “Sun Hee is part of them.”

“Sun Hee?” The trainer shook his head. “She should know better. Kiseop, you try to get her to come to her senses while I take on the rest of the group.” He turned to you. “Stay here and do what the others tell you to do, okay?”

You nodded.

Kiseop went back out the door with the head trainer.

Zico smiled at you. “You’re quite impressive, ____________.”

You turned pink.

“Let’s start with this.” Nana ordered. “Let’s work on-”

The door burst open and a whole wave of students marched in, shouting and yelling.

Kiseop and the head trainer were at the front, desperately trying to hold the students back with no success.

Suddenly, a burst of bright purple and indigo filled the gym and Kiseop and the head trainer fell back.

It was Sun hee, who stood in the centre of the gym with an angry look on her face.

You felt cornered and you took a step back.

Zico and Nana immediately stood in front of you, protecting you.

The students cheered as the purple glow flared and spread throughout the gym. Sun Hee held up her palms and each one held an indigo coloured flame.

“Kiseop!” Zico yelled above the roar of the crowd.

“Where the hell is she?” Sun Hee yelled, her voice somehow overpowering the hundreds of other students’ voices.

“Don’t mess with her!” Zico shouted back defiantly, his eyes glaring back at her. “If you do, you’ll have to get through us first!”

Sun Hee laughed, making you shiver behind Zico and Nana. “You’re NOTHING, Zico. NOTHING, compared to me.”

She raised her hands and bright beams of dark purple blasted throughout the room, momentarily blinding every student.

When you could finally see again, you gasped when you saw Zico and Nana knocked out on the ground, with blood pouring out of their cuts that Sun Hee had made with purple flaming whip in her hand.

“Told you, Zico.” Sun Hee smirked, her poisonous smile directed at you, twirling the whip in her hand dangerously.

You felt shivers run down your spine.

She lifted her free hand and the other purple flame lengthened into another whip to match the other in her opposite hand. She raised both hands, preparing to lash out at you.

“No!”

You shut your eyes, catching a glimpse of Kevin just as he leaped out in front of you. “Kevin!”

Unsure of what you were doing, you lifted your hands and directed them back at Sun Hee, feeling both pain and power soar through your body and into the room, the deafening roar of the students pounding into your ears.

“__________!”

You opened your eyes and blinked at Kevin, who was still in front of you but staring at you with a look of awe displayed across his face.

A translucent black bubble surrounded Kevin, Zico, and Nana, with you in the centre.

Sun Hee’s face displayed a look of surprise, but she quickly recovered and continued to lash her whips in your direction, the flames of purple seeming to grow brighter as Sun Hee strengthened the attack of her powers.

She lashed her whips against your barrier and Sun Hee’s expression only became angrier with each time the whips hit the solid barrier.

She screamed as she lifted her hands all the way and the whips exploded back to the purple flames, and the roar of the students joined Sun Hee’s voice as the purple filled your vision.

“_______!”

Kiseop was running towards you.

You felt the air inside your lungs get knocked out as all of Sun Hee’s beams that had bounced off of your bubble slam into your body.

Your legs grew weak as they began to give out underneath your upper body’s weight. You gasped as the beams cut into your flesh.

A small trickle of blood flowed down your right arm.

Kiseop screamed your name again as you finally fell to the ground, Sun Hee’s purple filling your vision. Pain burned through all of you as if someone was burning your body. You screamed out, your voice echoing throughout the room.

In your state of pain, you vaguely remembered what the head trainer had told you earlier. “This is the root of your powers. Do not let anyone damage it, or else you will die.”

You shut your eyes against the purple, only to feel like something was forcing your eyes wide open. You concentrate on your flame and mentally used the black fire to push the blazing purple beam away from you.

Sun Hee’s expression grew for angry to completely furious, but you noticed a bit of surprise. She brought her hands up, and with her bright flames flickering in each hand, she sent a beam of fire in your direction.

You stopped breathing for a moment before questioning your own ability, wondering whether you would be able to protect everyone around you.

You shrugged it off as you brought up your own hands, pushing away the rest of your pain and doubt away and replaced it with anger in your pain. You painfully forced yourself onto your feet and ignored the pain.

You concentrated on the black fire within yourself and took a deep breath as you focused on a vision of something that resembled Sun Hee’s beams, urging yourself to do something like the same.

Black and grey beams blasted out your palms, the force of it so powerful that you were almost knocked onto your again. You felt pain spread and burn through your body, mostly centred in your arms and legs.

You cringed as you planted your feet firmly on the ground and aimed your own beams at Sun Hee.

Her sharp yell filled the room’s air and she replied your attack with another powerful one of her own.

One of her purple beams wrapped itself around both of your black ones and to your horror, it began to squeeze your black beams, making it thinner and thinner, until finally, there was nothing left except for the diminishing black and grey flame in your right palm.

She laughed loudly and you swore as more blood trickled down your arm as she did.

“AGH!” You screamed as purple surrounded you once again, turning your own world dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~