Amazement

Whispers of Fire

 

 

The changeroom was empty when you arrived, no one ever arrived a whole hour early. You changed into your training clothes and walked out into the training room.

The trainer was there and when he saw you walk out, he called out to you in surprise. “_________? You’re early today.”

You nodded. “Um...yeah.”

“We don’t normally have a lot of people come early to this course.”

You shrugged. “I...figured I could get more practice if...I really am...” You paused and looked down. “An alpha...” You whispered quietly.

The trainer stared at you thoughtfully. “We could actually get you started now.”

“What?”

“In fact, I think we should get you started as soon as possible, so that would be now. Come with me.” He ordered.

You obediently did as he demanded and followed him into another room that appeared to be slightly larger than the first.

“Come here.” He ordered.

You walked closer to him.

“I want you to hit that bell on the wall right up there.”

High up on the wall, you saw a tiny silver bell that was no bigger than the palm of your hand.

“I can’t do that.” You said, shaking your head.

The trainer nodded. “Yes, you can. Bring out that fire in your hand again.”

“But...”

He continued staring at you. “Is something wrong?”

“This is impossible!” You blurted out. “I just started yesterday, I don’t even know if I remember how to bring out that fire thing anymore!”

“__________.”

You stopped.

“Just try. Try. That’s all I’m asking of you right now.”

You nodded, took a deep breath, and shut your eyes. You focused on whatever was going deep inside of you and you felt the warmth of the mini fire explode in your palm, except this time, your heart wasn’t pounding anymore and you felt more comfortable.

“Perfect.”

You opened your eyes and smiled at the sight of the fire.

“This is your heart.”

“What?” You stared at him in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“That is your heart.” The trainer nodded at the flame. “It is your heart in the form of your special werewolf powers.”

“So... you mean this is... my heart?”

He nodded again. “This is the root of your powers. Do not let anybody damage it, or else you will die.”  He turned towards the bell. “Now try to hit that.” He looked at you. “With your powers.”

“How?”

“Try.”

You bit your lip and squinted, using every ounce of yourself to focus on the target. You ed your hand outward, still focusing on the small bell.

You gritted your teeth as you willed your power to somehow to hit that bell.

Suddenly, something seemed to rip right out of your chest as a beam of smoldering black shot out towards the bell.

Its silvery tinkle echoed throughout the whole room and bounced against the walls, surrounding both you and him with its delicate sound.

You dropped to the ground, exhausted, but excited nonetheless.

“Well done.”

You smiled up at the trainer.

“Your training will begin today immediately.” He said firmly, the look on his face pleased with your fast progress.

“Sir!”

The both of you turned to see Kiseop running in.

“Sir! The students are coming in!”

The trainer nodded. “You and Sun Hee take care of them today. Tell the others to come in.”

“Yes, sir.” Kiseop turned to flash you a dazzling smile before turning around to run back.

You caught sight of Nana and a few other trainers as they walked in solemnly, nodding at you once before they looked at the head trainer expectantly.

“Show us what you’ve got.” The head trainer urged you positively.

Nodding and biting your lip, you clenched your fists and flung them open, surprised to see a fire in each of them. You concentrated on your hidden powers deep inside of your heart and you felt the same as you had earlier, your powers tearing themselves out of your chest and building up in your palms.

You held your hands out and with a determined expression, you let your beams of power shoot out at the silver bell, the black and silver twisting themselves around each other.

You heard everybody else gasp as the bell’s sound rang out loudly and the silver exploded as your beams of power hit it with force. Sweat broke out on your forehead as you felt exhaustion spread through your body.

The small group of spectators were silent and stunned.

It was Nana who broke the silence at last.

“Sun Hee will be out of here in no time.”

“Nana!”

It was a tall boy which had stepped up and was now looking at Nana with warning eyes.

“Mianhae.” Was all Nana said in reply, but the smile still remained on her face.

The same boy stepped forward, his dark blue eyes glittering with curiosity as he shook your hand. “My name is Zico and my specialty is invisibility. Nice to meet you, _________. I am pleased to be your trainer.”

You offered him a polite smile as Nana stepped forward.

“__________, don’t slack off because I’ll be nagging you all the time because I’m your roommate!”

You smiled. “Gomawo, Nana.”

“I’m Eli.” A gorgeous looking, pale skinned boy smiled. “I specialize in flight and air, and I’m pleased to meet you.”

Suddenly, Kiseop burst in, his face red as he slammed the door behind him.

“Sir!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~