Strange Dreams

Whispers of Fire

 

You forced yourself off the ground and to your feet.


Sun Hee lay there a few feet away from you.


You blinked in confusion.


Why did the crowd stop cheering?


And...what did I just do?


You walked over to Sun Hee’s still figure on the ground. You caught sight of her terrified eyes that looked up at you in fear.


Well, she’s still alive...


You pointed your finger at her and her body rose into the air.


Is this some sort of new power?


I thought....I thought I already reached my full potential?


The crowd gasped as Sun Hee punched herself in the face.


You stared on with a hard expression.


She cried out unwillingly as she hit herself again.


What is she doing?!


Low voices broke out throughout the crowd.


Wait...


Realization hit you.


You were the one making her do this. You were the one who was controlling her actions.


Stifling a gasp, you simply raised your hand even higher and she flew across the arena and slammed into the farthest wall.


With both of your hands, you summoned an angry ball of black fire in your arms and raised your hands high above your head.


Without hesitation, you aimed it at Sun Hee.


~~~~~~~~~~


After that, everything became a blur.


You could only assume that you out for a little bit, because Kiseop was kneeling down next to you, calling your name quietly.


“Kiseop...?” You murmured weakly.


He smiled.


“Did I...win?”


“What do you think?”


You smiled happily up at him, your cheeks turning pink.


“You were awesome.”


You turned your head slightly to the left to see Nana towering over you. You grinned at her. “That’s good. It was weird though.”


The crowd was cheering and stamping their feet on the stands.


“I’m tired.”


“That’s understandable, considering the amazing fight you just brought up.” Kevin’s voice was heard from behind.


Your face melted into a smile. “Is everything done now? I just want to sleep...” You felt your eyelids begin to droop.


Nana laughed. “You can go back and sleep now. Everything’s over.”


Nodding meekly in response, you let yourself drift into the tempting world of sleep as Kiseop gently pressed a kiss on your forehead as he scooped you off the ground and into his arms.


~~~~~~~~~~


“Umma...!”


“____________!”


Your small hand reached out, trying to grasp the remains of your mother’s burning body.


The large wolf who had attacked her suddenly came over to you and grinned viciously as he lifted you high up into the air.


You shrieked, your little voice unheard by anyone else. You kicked your legs around, the heel of your shoe digging into the man’s stomach.


He was unaffected by your light hits and laughed out loudly as he continued to hold you high into the air. “Shut up, little girl.”


A large hand struck the side of your face, leaving a stinging sensation behind.


You cried out, your small body unable to do anything.


“That’s right, little girl, keep crying.”


A loud voice from a distance shouted something at the man that was holding you in his grip.


“What do you mean, she hasn’t gotten her powers yet?!” The man yelled back, his grip growing tighter.


You wailed out into the dark, thundering sky.


Rain began to shower down, dotting your shirt and mingling with the tears dripping on your shirt.


“You’re no use.” The man slammed you down painfully against the hard concrete.


You lay there limply, too drained of your energy to crawl away.


“_________!”


The man took out a sharp, glinting knife.


You looked up at him with desperate pleading eyes right before he brought down the sharp silver.


The knife slashed through your stomach, the man laughing like a maniac.



“_________...!”


The man’s laugh was cut short as a large thump sound was heard and all was still before you screamed out once more.


You caught sight of a young crying boy around your age hurry to your side, his expression full of horror as he touched some of your bright red blood that was spurting from your stomach.


You closed your eyes, fading into a blissful darkness.


“_________!”


“Kiseop!” You gasped, your eyelids fluttering open as you struggled to sit up in bed. Your hair and forehead was a little damp.


Nana was on the other side of the unfamiliar room. She got up calmly and told you to calm down. “Are you okay?”


Gulping in a huge breath of air, you nodded. “Just...Where’s Kiseop?”


“I’m here.”


The door opened and Kiseop stepped in, closing it tightly behind him.


Nana stood up. “I’ll be going.”


“Wait, Nana-”


She was gone.


Kiseop walked over. “Did you need me for something?”


“What...What happened to my parents?”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~