Dongho

Whispers of Fire

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RazOfS6mjfw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Dongho froze at the door handle. He tripped over his own feet as he backed away, stumbling clumsily away from the door.

Feeling the mortifying burning sensation of tears well up in his eyes, he fled down the silent corridor, head ducked down. Huge sobs racked his body as he continued running to who knows where.

Why?!

He kept on running, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

Why did they?!

He let himself slip out of the school doors unnoticed. When he was outside hidden in the trees, he collapsed, panting.

Why did they kiss...

Itès not fair!


Sobs tore through his body, his tears fell on the soft, springy soil and he wiped his eyes with his already wet sleeve.

In confused anger and tears, Dongho angrily yanked out a large clump of grass. He clenched his hand and pounded it on the ground, dirt smearing his fingers. He felt himself shake as the image flashed in his mind again.

Kiseop leaning in...

“Ani!” He shouted, his voice echoing and bouncing off the thick blanket of trees in the deadly silent forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dongho pressed against the door handle, the door slowly opening with a click. He slipped in. “Hey.”

You looked up. “Hey...”

“How are you feeling?” He asked quietly, pulling up a chair and sitting next to your bed.

You shrugged and leaned back against the large pillows. “Better I guess?” You sighed. “I’m really bored here all day with nothing to do.” You rolled your eyes. “I can’t wait till they let me get back into regular stuff.”

“They’ll let you out soon enough.” Dongho smiled reassuringly at you.

You blinked as you stared at Dongho. There was something wrong with him, and you couldn’t quite put your finger on it. “Dongho...”

“Yeah?”

You blinked. “Is everything... okay?”

“Okay?” He smiled and talked a little bit too enthusiastically. “Of course it is! Everyone’s still recovering of course, but-”

“I’m talking about you.” You interrupted.

“Me?” He forced a laugh. “Yeah, of course! Why wouldn’t I be?”

You looked away. “Never mind.”

“So....”

“Maybe you should go back? I’m sure they’re starting dinner soon.”

He stared at you. “Um... dinner doesn’t start for another three hours.”

You blinked, flustered at your mistake, your cheeks turning slightly pink. “Oh...”

Dongho got up, taking the hint that you wanted him to leave. “Well, I’ve got to be going anyway.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dongho didn’t go to dinner. He didn’t go out of his room the rest of the day and sat on his bed, thinking.

His roommate had long gone and was hanging out with their group of friends.

Dongho sighed, not sure of what to do now. He closed his eyes and his mind flooded with the image of Kiseop gently pressing his lips against yours.

He grimaced and he balled up his hands, but continued to stay still.

I fell for her...

Unintentionally.

It’s not fair...

Tears rolled silently down his cheeks.

Forgive me, Hana.

He cried harder than ever, his tears falling to the crisp, made bed sheets.

First Hana, now _________.

And now I’m going to lose her too.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


You couldn’t sleep.

After the kiss, Kiseop had squeezed your hand one more time before leaving the room without saying a word, leaving you speechless.

And what he told you...

You reached up to your cheek and rubbed the tattoo.

It was Kiseop that had saved me dozens of times. He is the reason that I am here now.

I owe him a great debt...

You sighed and flipped over your pillow, laying your head on the cooler side. You ran your fingers through your dark hair thoughtfully.

And then there’s Dongho...

What’s wrong with him?

I can’t just leave this alone, he actually means quite a lot to me...

What’s wrong with me? I can’t go to sleep!

You sighed as you shut your eyes, wishing you could just go to sleep in your world of blissful unconsciousness. You breathed out slowly, exhaling through your mouth.

Dongho....Whatever you’re feeling down about, I’ll help you through it no matter what it will take.

As for Kiseop...

You shut your eyes and buried yourself deeper into the blankets.

I think I fell in love with you.


~~~~~~~~~~~