Transformation

Whispers of Fire

When you woke up, it was already night time and everything was pitch black; the only thing you could see was the snow drifting outside the small window. You lay in your bed and closed your eyes, listening to the sound of Sun Hee’s steady breathing.

“_________?”

You sat up, startled.

Sun Hee’s voice made its way across the room. “Are you okay?”

“Um..” You sighed. “Yeah, I mean, I guess so.”

“I’m...” Her voice cracked. “I’m scared!” She blurted, panic rising in her voice. “I really don’t want to stay here anymore, and I really need to break out of here! I don’t want to be a guinea pig, I want to go back to school and just pretend everything’s okay!”

“I’m sorry, Sun Hee.” You whispered, beginning to feel tired already.

“Would you...like to help me escape?”

You paused. “...What? How is it even possible?”

“Just... Please.” She begged, her voice turning coarse.

You shook your head. “Sun Hee, I really don-”

“Just try.” She tried coaxing, but you continued to shake your head.

“We don’t know what could happen to us. One of us could get killed, heck, both of us could get killed!” You sighed. “And what if decides to take our hearts again?”

“You’re just scared of a little pain, _________.” Sun Hee suddenly spat, venom dripping in her voice. “I never should have even brought this up. I should’ve known that you were too weak to do anything anyway.”

Although you couldn’t see anything in the darkness, you could tell she was glaring at you with fierce eyes.

“You’re never going to be the alpha.”

The word stung and you knew you had just been slapped across the face with her words. You turned your head to look at her, and you were surprised to see a small purple glow in her bed.

The purple glow grew bigger and bigger until it seemed to explode and the purple disappeared, in its place was a large werewolf with purple eyes, Sun Hee’s pink tattoo on the left side of the wolf’s face.

You gasped. “Sun...Hee?”

She growled as she quietly padded over to your bed. Her purple eyes glared at you fiercely and you gasped as you began to back up as best as you could on your bed with your wrists still chained to the metal bars.

“Sun Hee...” You breathed. “What are you doing?!” You screamed out, your voice echoing and bouncing off the room’s walls.

She jumped up on your bed and you gasped as she continued to glare at you with the purple eyes.

You moved your legs closer to your body as you scrambled to get a far away as possible from her. “P-please...go away, Sun Hee.”

She pounced on your right leg suddenly, making you scream as her nails dug into your soft skin.

“Sun Hee!” You screamed.

She paid no attention as she suddenly sunk her teeth into your leg, the werewolf venom inside of her dripping into your blood to mix in with your body.

You gasped, feeling pain spread out through your leg.

She continued to keep her sharp teeth in your calf, making the pain even worse.

You screamed out as the pain spread through your whole body. When it reached your heart, you felt your heart stop beating. Pain burned in your chest where your heart was and you struggled to breathe.

You placed two shaking fingers to your neck, fumbling for the right spot, and when you found the spot, you knew something was wrong.

You had no pulse, which meant...

You heart had stopped beating.

The door slammed open and you knew it was Yoon Sung. And for once, you were actually glad he had come.

He charged at Sun Hee with something, you couldn’t quite make out what it was and you gasped as Sun Hee’s sharp teeth were yanked out of your leg, tearing a bit of your skin in the process.

Blood flowed freely on to the white bed sheets, staining them red.

Sun Hee had stopped growling and now lay on the floor limply, a needle stuck on her side.

Yoon Sung quickly jogged over to you and placed his hand on your leg.

You began shivering as black dots began to fill up your vision, and your heart continued to stay frozen.

Yoon Sung sighed as he finally finished healing your leg. But he sensed something wrong. You were still in pain.

“What...” He whispered, “What the hell...”

You gasped as black dots filled up the rest of your vision and you felt yourself drifting to unconsciousness.

He swore loudly. “SHE INSERTED VENOM!” He yelled, his voice in a panicked state.

You out, your heart still frozen in place.

Yoon Sung frantically placed his hand on your chest and began drawing out the venom painfully.

One little mistake and that could take her life.... Then my plan would be over.

He lifted his hand and your body rose with it as he continued to draw the venom out carefully. He took out the last bit of venom and you fell back on the bed heavily, your heart beginning to beat once again.

He held his hand to your forehead and willed you to wake up.

Your eyes fluttered open as he dropped to the ground in exhaustion. He was breathing hard, his forehead clouded with perspiration.

“You’re awake.” He sighed. “Thank God.”

You blinked and you weren’t quite sure whether you should thank him or not.

He bent down to lift up Sun Hee and as he hoisted her up into his arms, she transformed back into her human form, her arms and legs dangling limply as he carried her back to her bed.

He threw her back on her bed and took two chains out of his pocket and chained her wrists back to the metal bars. When he was done, he walked back to you and sat on the edge of your bed as he waved his hand over the stained bedsheets, turning them crisp and white again.

He sighed as he scooted closer and placed his hand on your hair. “I would never let anything happen to you, ________.”

You trembled, fighting the urge to tell him to back off.

He grabbed a thick wave of your hair and let the strands slowly run through his fingers and fall back to the bed.

Luckily for you, he got up. “I’ll see you in a few hours, girls.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~