Pinky Promises

Whispers of Fire

A silence fell over the room.

 

“What are you talking about, Kyung?” Zico asked gruffly, his voice harsh.

 

Kyung swallowed, his lips. “I’m saying that when you bring an alpha back to life, that black shadow or slash on their tattoo adds extra supernatural levels inside them, which is probably the largest cause of the ground rumbling.” He looked pointedly at the ground.

 

“Are you saying I shouldn’t have brought her back to life? That was at least ten years ago!” Kiseop snapped angrily, feeling his powers threaten to rise out of his chest and hurtle at Kyung’s face.

 

“No,” Kyung said simply. “It’s just a theory.”

 

“You may have a point.” Jaehyo said slowly.

 

“Jaehyo!” You snapped at him in disbelief.

 

He simply shrugged. “If you think about it, Sun Hee and Kiseop are just ordinary alphas. However, Hana and _________ are the alphas who stood out because of their extraordinary strength and skill in using their powers.”

 

“What was so special about Hana?” You heard your own voice speak.

 

This time, it was Kiseop who answered. “She was exceptionally strong. She specialized in three different things: bloodbending, telekinesis, and time distortion. She-”

 

“Time distortion?” You interrupted, staring at Kiseop.

 

One of the boys provided the answer. “The ability to make time seem to stop for a certain person or group of people, making them freeze and allowing her to do whatever else she has planned.”

 

Kiseop nodded. “She also managed to banish the two alphas before her until Sun Hee came along.”

 

You stared at him with wide eyes. “Then if she was so strong, how did Sun Hee um, ‘kill’ her?” You made air quotation marks with your hands.

 

Kiseop shrugged. “She was just plain strong.”

 

“Then how did I banish her?”

 

Zico looked at you in the eye. “Because you’re even stronger than Hana. However, Hana is much stronger now. With TWO people bringing her back to life, she has added power. She has probably matched your strength, maybe even surpassed it now. You have to be careful.”

 

You blinked, taking everything in, not quite believing that you were more powerful than Hana.

 

“So in conclusion,” Kyung declared. “The tattoos probably do contribute to the fact that both you and Hana are most likely the most powerful female alphas in all of supernatural history. The black shadow or slash on your cheek adds more supernatural power inside of you, making you stronger.”

 

Kiseop glared at Kyung. “It’s not my fault.”

 

“I never said it was.” Kyung said quietly. “Besides, Taeil,” He glanced briefly at one of the boys you had noticed earlier. “You brought Hana back the second time.”

 

Kiseop breathed out slowly. “What do we do now?”

 

Zico folded his hands and leaned forward. “First of all, I ask that all of you follow me as your leader. All of Block B has already complied to this, we only need yours and _________’s consent. Without a leader, I believe that everything will fail to work.”

 

You looked at Kiseop. “I accept.”

 

Begrudgingly, Kiseop nodded. “I accept as well.”

 

Zico smiled slightly. “Excellent. Now, we shall commence our attack one week today. The seven days we have in between, we will use it to carefully plan out our attack and our positions. We will also use these seven days to strengthen our powers and polish our skills.”

 

He looked at every person sitting at the table.

 

“Any questions?”

 

No one said anything.

 

“Excellent,” Zico said again, standing up. “You are all dismissed.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dinner was disgusting.

 

Well, not exactly disgusting. More like… bland?

 

The food was overcooked and dry.

 

However, you reluctantly choked everything down.

 

Jaehyo glanced at you across from the table.

 

You caught his eye and his eyes darted to the same room the two of you had been in earlier.

 

You nodded slightly and shoved another piece of dry bread in your mouth.

 

Very slowly, Jaehyo drummed his fingers on the table.

 

twelve times.

 

Something inside you clicked.

 

Midnight, You thought, blinking. He wants to meet at midnight.

 

You nodded again, swallowing. You pushed your chair back and stood up. “I’m going to my room early. I plan to get some rest before beginning our training tomorrow.”

 

Kiseop looked up at you with concern. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah.” You said quickly. “Just a bit tired. Good night, guys.”

 

Zico nodded. “You’ll need that rest. Good night.” He stood up too. “I’ll be excusing myself as well, thank you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You carefully slid off your bed, shivering as your toes brushed against the cold floor. Your thin shirt hung loosely on your small body and you shivered again, the cold air hitting your skin.

 

You tip-toed over to the door and slowly opened it, peeking out at the bleak darkness. You bit your lip, fighting the urge to whisper Jaehyo’s name as you walked out, careful to avoid any noise.

 

Quickly, you went into the room from earlier.

 

Inside, Jaehyo sat on the ground, a bright candle with a dancing flame set down next to him.

 

“Jaehyo!” You whispered loudly, your clammy fingers thawing immediately.

 

A small smile spread across his face as he patted the spot on the ground next to him, gesturing for you to sit down.

 

You went over and sat down next to him. His strong arms wrapped around your thin shoulders and you leaned against his supporting shoulder, feeling blissful.

 

The two of you sat in silence for a moment, just enjoying the comfort and warmth of the burning flame.

 

“Jaehyo,” You looked over at him.

 

He didn’t say anything, his warm eyes seeming to know what you were going to about to tell him.

 

“I can’t do this. I have a boyfriend, this is wrong.”

 

He stared into your eyes for a moment, his face still calm and composed. “I know,” He whispered. “I’m so sorry.”

 

You bit your lip. “As much as I’m enjoying every moment of this right now, I still feel guilty.”

 

“I know.” He said gently. “It’s my fault, really.”

 

“No, it’s mine. I can’t.. I don’t have the same feelings for Kiseop anymore.” You looked down at the ground. “It’s… you I want, Jaehyo.”

 

Jaehyo slowly tilted your head up so your eyes could meet his. Not needing to say anything, he leaned and kissed you the third time that day, leaving a warm, fuzzy feeling inside your chest.

 

After pulling away, he looked at you for a moment, his eyes thoughtful. “We need a signal. Nobody ever goes into this room, it’s just an old storage room. So…” He grinned at you, his smile sending more fuzzy, fluttering feelings into your chest.

 

“Whenever I tug my ear, I want you to meet me here at midnight. Unless I say some other time by drumming my fingers again.”

 

You smiled. “I like it.” You tugged your ear.

 

He smiled back at you before tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear. “You should go. We have a tough training day ahead of us tomorrow. Or…” He glanced at a watch on his wrist. “Rather today. It’s two in the morning, _________. I’m dying to spend more time with you, but we can always do this tomorrow night again.”

 

“Deal.” You held up your pinky.

 

He looked at you, clearly confused.

 

You shook your head, a small smile on your lips, “It’s called a pinky promise.” You took his hand and linked his pinky with yours.

 

He raised his eyebrows.

 

“And you shake it. It’s how I seal a deal.”

 

He laughed quietly. “Alright.” He linked his pinky with yours tightly and shook it. “Pinky promise to see you tomorrow night at midnight once again.”

 

He kissed you lightly on the lips. “Good night, ___________.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~keyz_locket