Someone New

Whispers of Fire

You were jolted awake to the ground shaking violently. You jumped off the hard mattress, landing on the shaky ground with two feet. You clumsily felt around in the darkness for the doorknob, the candle that had been lighting up your room now used up, the wax spilling into a neat puddle in the brass plate that held the candle.

 

Your fingers finally grasped the cold doorknob and you turned it quickly and pushed open the door, finding yourself in another room of Block B’s place.

 

The seven boys were sitting around the small wooden table.

 

You stared at them for moment, your eyes darting to Jaehyo.

 

They were all calm, a little concern and amusement in all of their eyes.

 

Chagrined at their calm, you glared at Zico, their leader. “The ground is shaking this violently, and we’re just not doing anything about it?”

 

Zico stared at you for a moment before turning to Jaehyo. “You explain it.”

 

Jaehyo stood up and awkwardly cleared his throat. “Um, you do realize that you and Kiseop are the ones who are causing this.”

 

You blinked, frozen for a moment. You let the words register before the angry feeling gripped your heart again. “What about Hana? Sun Hee? Isn’t it their fault too?”

 

“Yes, but-”

 

Zico interrupted. “No. Because you failed to kill them.” He looked at you pointedly.

 

Your eyebrows furrowed indignantly. “I can’t just kill people.”

 

“Well,” Zico said, sighing as he stood up slowly, the ground still shaking. “You’re going to have to learn then.”

 

The other six boys rose with hi m and they dispersed the room except for Jaehyo. He remained standing, staring at you.

 

“Come with me.”

 

You followed him into another room obediently.

 

Once inside the room, Jaehyo closed the door shut, only the two of you left in the privacy of the room.

 

“Jaehyo,” You whispered.

 

“Stay strong, _________.”

 

Suddenly, you found yourself pressed against the wall, Jaehyo’s right hand caressing your face gently as he kissed you softly, his left hand pressing firmly against your waist.

 

You were surprised at how you melted at his kiss, your knees giving way underneath you, with only his strong hand on your waist to keep you standing. Without realizing, you were suddenly kissing him back too.

 

He pulled away. “I’m so sorry.” He blurted, his face turning red. “I can’t.. I shouldn’t have… I’m sorry.”

 

You blinked hazily, your eyes focusing on his eyes which were just inches away from your own. You watched him for a moment, admiring his long lashes as he blinked, clearly dazed and apologetic. “It’s alright.”

 

He ran his fingers nervously through his hair. “I didn’t mean to. Honest.” He looked away. “It won’t happen again, promise.”

 

You stared at him for a moment. “I didn’t mind.”

 

Slowly, he turned his head to look at you. “Say that again.”

 

“I don’t mind.” You said quietly, staring at him.

 

He leaned in again, capturing you in another sweet kiss.

 

The kiss swept you away again.

 

You hated to admit it, but this guy was an excellent kisser.

 

He pulled away all too soon. “We should go.” He said gently, opening the door for you. “Come on.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The ground was still shaking.

 

Kiseop gingerly sat down on a chair in the living room, and he brightened when he saw Jaehyo and you coming out of another room.

 

“____________!”

 

You turned red, sheepish at the thought of kissing someone else. “Hey, Kiseop.”

 

Jaehyo had a small smile on his face, but nothing else indicated what had just happened between the both of you back inside the room.

 

Zico came out of another room, his face stern. “Since you all seem to be awake now, we shall commence our first meeting. Please gather at the table, please.”

 

Kiseop pulled you close to him, grabbing your hand tightly.

 

Jaehyo sat directly opposite of you.

 

Zico sat at the head of the table. Clapping his hands twice, everyone fell silent.

 

“As you can see, or rather, feel, the ground is shaking more and more every passing hour. We must not disregard this. The alpha powers are overwhelming the earth and soon, something very bad is going to happen. And that something is going to destroy everything. We have to stop this.”

 

“How?” It was the boy with the jet black hair.

 

You watched as his adam’s apple bobbed up and down.

 

“Don’t interrupt me, B-bomb.”

 

He lowered his head apologetically.

 

Zico looked pointedly at you. His accusing stare was starting to get all too familiar. “You know how to bloodbend, right?”

 

“As in controlling other people when I’m at my fullest? Yeah.”

 

Zico stared at Kiseop. “And what are YOU even good at?”

 

Kiseop sat up angrily. “Do you WANT me to show you?” His palm was outstretched, golden sparks fluttering around angrily, waiting to be directed at someone.

 

Zico merely laughed. “I’m joking. You specialize in shielding and attacking at the speed of light.”

 

Kiseop let the golden sparks fade out of his palm, the crackling dying down. He slumped back into his chair.

 

“Anyway, those will be useful. However, you must realize that when we are fighting, we will be fighting in the human world. The supernatural realm is too fragile at the moment to contain a fight like this, and fighting there will destroy everyone and everything. We can only fight in the human world.”

 

Zico looked around. “Also, keep in mind that shape shifting into wolves will be very important because if humans see us fighting, they will probably be shocked. You know how fragile those stupid things are.”

 

One of the boys that you recognized as U-Kwon was rolling his eyes.

 

“We don’t really want to drag humans into this, but its for the good of both worlds. So remember to morph into your werewolf form when you fight.” Zico looked at everyone again. “Any comments or questions?”

 

A smart looking boy with glasses and a green star-shaped tattoo raised his hand up.

 

“Yes, Kyung?”

 

“Um,” He fidgeted, looking down at his lap. “Did you ever consider that maybe her tattoo and Hana’s could be causing a lot of trouble?”

 

Jaehyo’s head turned toward him, his eyes squinting as he looked at Kyung. “What are you talking about?”

 

Kyung cleared his throat and looked up straight at Kiseop, ignoring everyone else around him.

 

“The fact that Kiseop brought both of them back to life.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

WOOHOO! Another update! (: Only in one day too! OOOOH SO JAEHYO COULD BE A RIVAL TO ALPHA KISEOP?! THE HORROR :o (I’m sorry, I’m a little strange today) I realized that whenever I write, the plot and storyline changes depending on what’s happening to me and the predicaments that I get into. o_o

 

good chapter? comment <3