Discovery

Whispers of Fire

When you stepped out of the changeroom, you followed all the other students out into a large room. Standing in the middle of all of it were Nana and Sun Hee, along with a few other people you didn’t recognize.

Sun Hee appeared to be scanning the whole crowd, and when her eyes locked gaze with yours, her eyes flashed.

You are going to be dead today.

Startled at the sudden voice in your head, you jumped up slightly. You glared straight back at Sun Hee, realizing it was her voice you had heard. This must’ve been one of the special powers of an alpha.

You clenched your fists, your knuckles turning into a milky white.

Not if I can help it, .

She suddenly looked surprised just as you thought that. Something in her eyes grew cautious and she glared at you with an icy look before continuing to scan the rest of the crowd with her flashing blue eyes.

One of the people stepped out.

“Welcome to Dal’s School of Werewolves, students.” The man appeared to be big and buff, rippling with large muscles as he talked.

You were too far away to observe his tattoo.

“As expected, you are to train to become proper werewolves and hunt, fight, and follow all rules and traditions of our race. Throughout the rest of your life, you will be training to protect and attack as werewolves.” He took another step closer. “You will discover the incredible strength inside of you.”

Another step.

“And for a few special wolves, they will discover that they have some supernatural powers inside of them. And those shall be taken to train in a separate place.”

He took a step back. “Now I would like to introduce you to our school’s female alpha, Lee Sun Hee.”

Sun Hee stepped forward.

You noticed that all the boys in the crowd of new students were staring at her, admiring her. All the other girls looked envious of her not only her looks, but also her authority and power.

“And this is Lee Kiseop, our male alpha.”

A boy that looked around Dongho’s age stepped forward from the group and smiled.

Many of the girls around you gasped at the beautiful sight of this young man, obviously checking him out from head to toe.

You wouldn’t blame them though. You had to admit, this Lee Kiseop guy was hot. However, you didn’t drool or obsess over him. You calmly blinked.

“Here is Seul Nana, one of our top experienced fighters.”

Nana stepped forward, set into a straight line, her eyes daring anyone to challenge her. Her eyes landed on you and you saw her expression warm up a bit, the corners of going upward.

You returned the smile.

“And I am Kim Il Sung, your trainer for the rest of your time in Dal’s.” His expression was serious. “And for the first part of these two period, I just want you all to try and summon the power from within yourselves, and here, we shall then on be able to know who are going to start training to become one of our top werewolves.”

Suddenly, the crowd of students grew restless, confused muttering rippled through the crowd.

“How are we supposed to do that?”

“Now?”

“He can’t be serious...”

“Go ahead.” The trainer nodded. “Spread out and try it out yourselves.”

The students fanned out and you backed into one of the corners, feeling slightly awkward.

The alphas, trainer, Nana, and a few other highly experienced werewolves walked around, helping some lost and confused students.

You felt a hand on your shoulder.

“Need help?” A deep voice asked cheerfully.

You turned and you saw the male alpha.

Lee Kiseop.

He flashed a cute smile at you and you noticed his tattoo was a silver crescent similar to Dongho’s, only slightly larger. The crescent moon was outlined in a light black and barely noticeably dotted with a few red dots. It looked like the moon was splattered with blood.

Not taking no for an answer, he immediately started coaching you.

“First,” He said firmly. “Close your eyes.”

You let your eyelids fall over your eyes, filling your sight with darkness.

“Now breathe deeply and focus. Try and get ahold of power inside of you.”

What the heck? How the hell am I supposed to do that?

However, you continued to follow his orders.

“Keep going.”

Suddenly, you felt like something was squeezing your heart, making it pound crazily inside your chest. It pounded like a heavy metal hammer against your ribcage. It felt painful, but there was something... exhilarating about it. Something that you liked.

Is this it? Is this what I’m trying to get ahold of inside of me?

You clenched your teeth as well as your hands, your nails biting into your flesh. You wondered if Kiseop was still there, watching.

Suddenly, your eyes snapped open and you found yourself facing Kiseop’s handsome face.

“Open your hand.” He said softly, smiling.

“My...hand?”

Obediently, you looked down and held out your open palm in front of you.

In your palm was a black fire, its flames whisping and curling themselves around your fingers.

You stared at it with wide eyes. “Is...this it?”

Kiseop blinked at it, a little surprised. He turned around, ignoring your question. “Il Sung-ssi!”

The trainer ran over. “What is it, Kiseop.” His gaze flickered over to you.

You were still holding your palm out with the waving black fire. Its wispy flames continued to dance within your outstretched palm.

The trainer’s eyes widened and he cleared his throat. “What’s your name?”

“____________.” You replied softly, staring at your palm.

“____________, I would like you to take out that fire and come with me.” The trainer ordered, glancing over at Kiseop.

Kiseop nodded.

“But...” You stared at the fire blankly. “I don’t know how. I’ve never done anything like this in the first place.”

Kiseop smiled comfortingly at you, his blue eyes bright. “You’ll know how, _________. Just trust me on this.”

You bit your lip nervously.

Okay, here goes.

You closed your eyes and focused on the image of the black flame dancing in your palm. You focused on making it smaller and you felt it flicker in your palm.

I hope I’m doing this right....

You continued focusing the same way, willing it, pushing the flame to disappear. Finally, you felt it vanish from your palm.

“Incredible...” The trainer murmured under his breath.

When you opened your eyes again, you smiled to see that you had succeeded.

“Let’s go.” The trainer said flatly and he turned and both you and Kiseop followed.


Nobody noticed because they were all too busy trying to get the power from within which none of them had succeeded in doing yet.

The trainer lead you into what you supposed was his office. “Take a seat. Kiseop, ________.”

Both of you took a seat, him sitting suspiciously close to you, his leg brushing against your own.

The trainer turned to Kiseop. “You certainly know what I’m thinking at this moment, do you not?”

Kiseop nodded seriously, his blue eyes dark and the tattoo on his face shimmering.

You bit your lip in confusion, feeling slightly dizzy.

“_________?”

Kiseop’s voice snapped you back to the confusing conversation between him and the trainer.

You swallowed and urged yourself to speak without stuttering, keeping a bold expression on your face. “Neh?”

“We believe that we may have another alpha on our hands besides Sun Hee.”