Confined

Whispers of Fire

 

 

You blinked and felt your eyelids flutter open, revealing a dark, cool room, cold air blasting from the vent located high up on the wall.

You slowly turned your head to the right, wincing as pain suddenly exploded inside your skull. It was so dark you couldn’t see anything.

You blinked again and breathed out as you slowly lifted your left arm up. Pain shot through your arm and you held it to your face so you could examine it closely.

A layer of something dried covered it your arm and hand, cracked in several places. You peeled a bit of it off and it crumbled in your fingers, falling onto your face. Realizing the scent of blood, you placed your hand back down.

Where am I?

You turned your head to the side again, wishing you were able to see in the dark.

The door slowly creaked open and you heard quiet footsteps walk into the room. The person reached for something next to your bed and a bright white light filled the little area around you.

You blinked and realized that there was another person in the bed next to you.

A short woman with jet black hair that flowed to her waist and pale skin had her back to you; she was dressed in a crisp, white uniform. The woman gently took the arm of the figure on the bed and lifted it above their head, placing it next to one of the metal bars on the bed, she drew a thick metal chain from her pocket and secured the person’s arm to the bar.

She repeated the actions with the other hand. After she was finished, she stepped aside.

You gasped as you recognized the figure on the next bed.

Sun Hee’s blonde hair was strewn across the pillow, her lips dry and cracked. The colour of her skin was pasty and dry.

The woman heard your gasp and turned towards you.

Your mouth grew dry as she stared at you, the purple tattoo on her left cheek facing you as well.

She clicked her tongue at you, staring at you with disdain and disapproval. “You shouldn’t be awake.”

You couldn’t bring yourself to speak.

She sighed as she walked over to your bed and leaned down, her face only inches away from yours. “I’m afraid I’ll have to chain you up too.”

Your eyes widened and you stared back at her, giving her a pleading look.

She ignored you and grabbed your arm.

You opened your mouth to scream and she quickly clamped her hand over your cracked lips. “Would you rather me put you in a straitjacket?”

You stopped and closed your mouth.

“Good.”

You let your hands go limp and helpless as she chained your wrists to the bars, similar to the unconscious Sun Hee on the bed next to you.

She smiled pleasantly as she pressed a cold finger against your left cheek, her scarlet nail scratching roughly across your skin. “You have a pretty tattoo.”

“Stop...” You managed to croak, glaring at her with blue eyes.

Her nail dug into your cheek. “Who told you to talk?”

“Told you...” You croaked out, your mouth dry and and your throat feeling like sandpaper. “To stop...” You managed to force out a few words.

She sighed, her nail digging deeper into your cheek. “Looks like I have to shut you up too.” Keeping her nail in your cheek, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a white towel and carefully tied it around your head so that you couldn’t shut your mouth properly.

You bit hard at the white cloth, making muffled sounds as she watched you with satisfaction.

“See you later.” She smiled sweetly as she reached over and flicked off the lights, her footsteps clicking against the ground with every step as she exited through the door.

You screamed, your muffled voice heard by no one. You desperately tugged your wrists towards you, only to have the metal chain bite into your flesh.

Wincing, you fell back against the pillow, dried blood tugging at your messy strands of hair. You sighed as you closed your eyes, wishing this were all a dream.

The cloth tasted mouldy and disgusting in your mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You opened your eyes to somebody screaming next to you. You blinked, your eyesight slightly blurry as you lifted your head slightly off your stained pillow to see Sun Hee screaming.

She stopped screaming for a second to stare at you with frightened eyes, the chains on her wrist continuing to rattle.

“Excuse me.”

Sun Hee stopped screaming and fell back, glancing upwards at the speakers built into the ceiling.

You blinked, biting down on the cloth.

This was not the woman from earlier. It was a man’s deep voice that filled the room.

“You can call me Yoon Sung for now. You see, girls, the reason I am holding the both of you in this room is because I want to try a little something. I’ve been waiting for a perfect chance to conduct this experiment, and it is now.”

You shivered, making your chains rattle slightly.

“You will see me shortly,” He stated in a soothing voice. “but for now, you girls can rest a bit.”

You shivered again, imagining yourself being an experiment.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?”

It was Sun Hee in the next bed that was screaming, a desperate edge to her voice.

“Calm down, Sun Hee. Be glad that you are on a bed, not the floor.” The voice said, the soothing tone still lingering in his voice.

“WHY...Why are we here?” Sun Hee faltered, her show of boldness now gone and replaced with fright.

“Like I have said earlier, I wanted to conduct a few experiments. Be patient, girls. You will find out soon.” A slight chuckle was heard on the other end. “Good night, sleep tight, girls.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up to someone gently rubbing your head. The way they did it comforted you and you let out a comfortable sigh as you closed your eyes again. They continued to your hair.

You felt yourself drifting back to sleep just as the hand moved down to your cheek and began your milky skin gently too.

“WHO ARE YOU?”

Your eyes snapped open and you turned your head to see who had been your hair.

He smiled at you. “Hi, ________.”

You stared back at him with fearful eyes, recognizing his voice as the one that had been speaking to the both of you through the speakers.

“WHO ARE YOU???” Sun Hee screamed out again.

He simply ignored her.

He was a boy that looked around 18. A silver leaf was imprinted on his left cheek, symbolizing that he was a werewolf. Dark hair fell over his eyes, giving him a mysterious feel. His hand continued to rest on your cheek.

His smile grew wider as he moved his hand back to your hair.

You shivered at his touch and tried to say something, only to have your voice muffled by the cloth.

“Don’t touch her!” Sun Hee screamed.

The boy turned his head to Sun Hee, his eyes fierce. “You shut up. Unless you want to be shut up like her. Or if you would like to be put in a straitjacket.”

“I..I know you!” She gasped, her voice shaking. “You’re the guy who told me that ________ was an alpha!”

He grinned. “Yeah, I am. And I’m glad that it worked out perfectly.”

“For whatever you’re doing maybe.” Sun Hee growled between clenched teeth. Her fists clenched too, and you could tell she was trying to use her powers. Sweat dripped from her face on to the pillow and she fell back, exhausted.

He chuckled. “Don’t bother. It won’t work.”

“W-why...”

He stepped back, not even bothering to hide his grin. “Allow me to introduce myself, girls. My name is Baek Yoon Sung, one of the top student at Dal’s. The reason that you are unable to use your powers is because when the two of you were fighting, you had omitted so much of your power that your body wasn’t able to keep up, and therefore, disabling you to use your powers for a period of time.” His grin grew wider. “Don’t worry though. We’ve put something in you so that you won’t be able to use them for a long, long time.”

“What are you planning to do with us?” Sun Hee hissed through her still clenched teeth.

“I’ll save that good part for later.” He continued smiling, his eyes still covered by his dark hair. “For now, you girls can sleep again.”

“I DON’T WANT TO SLEEP.” Sun Hee screamed out, and you caught a few tears slipping down her cheeks.

He raised his eyebrows. “Oh? You don’t want to?” His smile transformed into a teasing one. “Too bad because you’re going to.”

The girl trembled as he stepped towards her, gently placing his hand on her forehead.

She shook her head, trying to shake off his hand, but he firmly placed his other hand on her head so she wasn’t able to move it and her eyes were locked with his.

“Go to sleep.” He whispered in a rich, soothing voice.

Sun Hee’s eyelids fluttered as she struggled to keep them open. “Can’t...”

“That’s it, Sun Hee. Go to sleep...”

Her eyes shut completely and she began breathing calmly, her expression somehow managing to look angelic.

You stared at him in fear as he now turned to you with a smirk.

“That’s right, __________. I specialize in hypnosis.”

You yelled, your voice being muffled once again by the cloth. You shuddered when you him lay his cool hand on top of your sweaty forehead.

He brushed his hair away to reveal his dark purple eyes.

You gasped.

Look away!

You couldn’t help it. Something about those eyes was keeping your own set of eyes locked on to his.

With every second you stared, the more lost you got in that deep purple of his eyes.

He sighed, smiling adoringly at you. “You looked really pretty earlier when you were asleep.”

You said nothing and continued to stare at his eyes, the hypnotizing purple drawing you closer.

“Why don’t we make you look pretty again?”

You blinked, momentarily breaking the spell. You shook your head, shutting your eyes, not wanting to look at those eyes.

“Aw, come on, _________. Don’t you want to go back to sleep?” He whispered, his rich, hypnotic voice falling over you like gentle drops of rain.

You sighed shakily as he began your hair like he had earlier.

“Come on, __________.”

You gasped as your eyelids snapped open unwillingly, your eyes immediately locking with his purple ones.

He continued to your hair, making you sleepy already.

“Go to sleep, _________.” He said softly, still your hair.

Your eyelids grew heavy and before you knew it, you were drifting back to sleep. You let out a shuddering sigh, feeling his hand still your hair before you completely out.

“Good night, __________.” He smiled, satisfied, his dark hair falling back over his eyes.