Weird.

Whispers of Fire

 

Nana was right.


When you finally returned to your classes the next week, a whole bunch of girls began crowding around you everyday, eager for your attention.


Nobody mentioned Sun Hee, and you supposed that if she was mentioned it would be rude and disrespectful to the new alpha.


Sun Hee’s previous group of followers suddenly became YOUR group of loyal followers, wholly dedicated to you.


You knew it was strange to think this, but all the new attention made you uncomfortable. You kind of wished that Sun Hee was still alpha, but of course, it was a stupid thing to wish for.


And there was that feeling that stubbornly stayed in the pit of your stomach, keeping your stomach twisted into knots.


You had a feeling that Sun Hee was going to come back.


No, you KNEW Sun Hee was going to come back.


When you tried talking to Nana, she simply brushed it off, saying that you were still in shock  from the fight. Even Kiseop, who you thought would understand you the most, shook his head at you and told you to stop worrying.


No one would believe you.


This made you worry even more.


~~~~~~~~~~~~


“And in the nineteenth century, that is when the tattoos of werewolves were found to be something more...”


You snuck a quick glance at Sun Hee’s empty seat.


The wooden chair was obviously unoccupied


You kept your eyes on the metal legs of the chair, thinking.


The bad feeling in your gut had gotten worse over the past few days.


You knew Sun Hee was going to do something soon.


The bell rang.


Jumping up from your chair, you left the room, not even bothering to cast a glance in Jaehyo’s direction.


After he began ignoring you, you kept on sneaking glances at him, wishing he would talk to you again, When it was clear things weren’t going to be the same between the both of you anymore, you had given up on even looking at him altogether.


“Wait-!”


A familiar voice cut through your thoughts.


“________!”


Jaehyo...


“I...I have something to tell you! Please don’t go!”


You looked down at your feet, students rushing past your sides, on their way to their next class. “Sorry, Jaehyo. If you’re going to ignore me until now, I’m going to ignore you back. It’s your loss.” You whispered, unheard by anyone.


You quickly pushed through the crowd, making sure you were far away from Jaehyo.


“_______...!”


~~~~~~~~~~~


Jaehyo’s arms dropped limply to his sides as he saw you push through the crowd frantically. He didn’t chase you because he knew there was no point in doing so.


He knew, even though you were hiding it, exactly what you were feeling.


.She’s avoiding me because I avoided her.


It’s just that simple.


But I can’t fix that.


I just have to wait and see if she’ll talk to me again.


Jaehyo hung his head and walked on, letting the wave of students push him along.


She needs to know...


~~~~~~~~~~


You sat down grumpily at the lunch table in the back, Hyun Jae and Nana eyeing you warily as you sat down with a sigh.


“You okay?”


“I just hate it when all these guys and girls just come crowding around me!” You burst out angrily. “They don’t know anything about personal space, do they?!”


Hyun Jae looked down at her food and Nana shrugged.


“Sorry,” You looked down, muttering apologetically. “I’ve just been really cranky these days.” You wrinkled your nose.


Nana and Hyun Jae said nothing before continuing to eat their lunches in silence.


~~~~~~~~~~~


You couldn’t sleep.


Not at night.


Am I a vampire?


Your eyes darted around the room.


Haha. I’m so hilarious, I should be a comedian. You thought sourly.


Nana’s steady breathing filled the air around the room, and you forced yourself to close your eyes, trying to get some sleep.


An image of a girl suddenly flashed into your mind.


She had long, dark hair and large eyes. She looked small and frail, her waist small and slim. Her lips were parted into a slight smile, showing perfectly straight white teeth.


And on her cheek was was a blazing bright red rose tattoo.


Your eyes snapped open and you gasped, surprised to find sweat dripping from your forehead and dampening your pillow.


You slid off your bed and went into the washroom, snapping on the lights as your bare feet shuffled across the tiled floor.


You looked into the large mirror in front of the sink and stared at your left cheek.


On that girl’s cheek, there was a dark gash running through it, just like your tattoo.


Who is that...?


You leaned down and the water, splashing freezing water on your face.


Was she healed too? Was she healed and brought back alive after she died once?


You let the water run over your numb, shaking hands.


Scary thing is...


You looked back up at the mirror at your pale face.


She looked a whole lot like me.


Was she...


You turned off the tap and sank numbly to the floor, your knee knocking against the bottom of the sink.


You didn’t even have to question it. You knew the answer. You knew who it was.


Lee Kiseop’s sister.


Hana.


~~~~~~~~~~~~


The next morning, you opened your eyes to sunlight.


“Morning!” Nana chirped from the kitchen and your groaned as you struggled to sit up.


Glancing at the clock, your quickly jumped up. “Nana! We’re going to be late for classes!”


She rolled her eyes. “They announced that today is going to be off because of this boring teacher’s meeting, blah blah blah, whatever.”


Sighing in relief, you flopped back on your bed, tired from being unable to sleep last night.


You decided to keep last night a secret from Nana. “I just want to stay in bed all day.” You declared, yawning.


She shrugged. “Do whatever you want, but me, Hyun Jae, Kevin, and Kiseop were all planning on doing something fun together.”


You sighed again.


“We were going to get you to come, but...”


“Fine.” You snapped mock grouchily.


She poked her head out from the kitchen to give you a cheeky grin. “By the way, I’m making pancakes.”


Grumbling, you got back off your bed. “What the heck, Nana. Who makes pancakes?”


“Me.”


Putting your hands on your hips, you began to lecture her. “No one makes pancakes anymore. They just go out to the store and buy the frozen ones. And then you put it on a plate and you microwave it. Ta da. There goes your pancakes. Beautiful and squishy and warm. In two minutes.”


“Where’s the fun in doing that?”


“Whatever. You’re such an overachiever.”


She snorted. “How am I being an overachiever just because I’m making pancakes?”


“You’re doing this instead of sleeping.” You said pointedly.


“Point taken.” She threw down the pan. “Coffee?”


~~~~~~~~~~~


“Hey.” Kiseop winked at you when he saw you and Nana approaching the waiting group in the lobby of the school building.


You blushed.


“Save it.” Nana glared at him with a smile.


He laughed and came over, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. “Whatever. Let’s go.”


Everyone else nodded in agreement as the group began heading out the door.


You pushed through the door and walked out, freezing in your steps.


Jaehyo was there, his fists clenched as he eyed you warily.


“Jaehyo.” Kiseop said, staring at him.


Jaehyo didn’t look at him, only at you.


“They’re coming. Sun Hee’s coming back.”


He collapsed.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Late update, sorry. Didn't really know what to write...