Relief and Rescue

Whispers of Fire

Kiseop ran back in and held his palms out in front of him, golden sparks spraying at the dome around you and Yoon Sung.

You saw Yoon Sung laugh as Kiseop’s forehead broke out in sweat as he struggled against both you and Yoon Sung’s power combined.

“Stop using my power.” You hissed.

He laughed again. “It’s not your power anymore, it’s mine. I took it, remember?”

You grimaced as he began making the dome larger and larger, forcing Kiseop to back up. Pain tore through your gut and you had to bite your tongue to stop yourself from screaming.

Kiseop yelled as he fell on the ground, hearing a sickening crunch as his back connected with the cold floor.

Yoon Sung laughed as the dome subsided and he walked over to Kiseop.

Dongho entered, charging at Yoon Sung.

Yoon Sung spun around quickly, still holding on to you.

“Dongho!” You screamed.

Yoon Sung swung around and kicked Dongho swiftly in the stomach.

Dongho stumbled slightly, but quickly regained his balance. He aimed a surprised kick at Yoon Sung’s ankles, making him trip.

He gasped as he fell to the ground, dropping you as he did so.

Dongho quickly took the chance to attack as he fell.

You gasped as you lay on the ground in pain, unable to move. You watched Dongho silently, praying for his safety.

Suddenly, Dongho shrunk down and morphed into a wolf as he charged at Yoon Sung.

Yoon Sung grimaced as he lifted his hand and shot a thick beam of silver and black at the wolf.

The wolf fell back and whimpered in pain before morphing back into an unconscious Dongho on the ground.

“Dongho!”

This time it was Kiseop who yelled his name, not you. He turned to you with worried eyes.

We’ll come back.

You blinked, startled when you heard his voice pop up in your head. You did your best to nod and Kiseop nodded back as he jumped up and scooped up Dongho in his strong arms.

Yoon Sung smirked as they ran off to the students waiting outside. “Looks like they’ve given up on you, _________.”

You only glared back in response.

He got up slowly and bent down to scoop you back up into his arms.

Your arms dangled limply on each side of your body.

He sighed as he walked back over to your bed and gently placed you back on it. Just as he had set you down, he suddenly froze and jumped slightly as if he were having a seizure.

You blinked as you watched him with a mixture of fear and hope.

“They’ve disconnected my power.” He said, returning back to normal. “I no longer own Sun Hee’s power as a part of me.” He shook his head grimly.

“Good.” You snapped.

This time, it was his turn to glare. “You shut up. Be glad that I haven’t killed you.”

“I’d rather be dead than have my powers taken away.” You retorted. “So why don’t you kill me anyway?”

“Because I like you.” He purred softly, reaching out his hand to touch your soft hair.

“Don’t touch me.”

“Well you can’t really do anything about that in this condition, can you?”

You bit your lip as his hand touched your hair and began rubbing it in between his fingers.

He placed his other hand on the top of your forehead, murmuring. “Go to sleep.”

You shook your head, your vision already blurry. “I don’t want...”

~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up and you surveyed your surroundings.

Daylight? It’s morning.

Am I at school?

You blinked as you felt your hopes inside deflate when you recognized the room.

“Welcome back.”

You could hear Yoon Sung’s snide voice fill the empty room. “Have you been here the whole time?”

“Maybe.” He shrugged.

“You-”

The room door burst open and you recognized the woman you had seen from a few days before. “Sir! They’ve come!”

He jumped to his feet and grinned. “So they have. I’ll wait.”

Thank you, Kiseop.

You breathed quietly, feeling your heart begin to beat faster.

A large group of Dal students filed in and surrounded Yoon Sung.

He simply bent down and scooped you up with one arm. “May I help any of you?”

Kiseop stood in the part of the circle that was directly facing Yoon Sung. He clenched his fists as a beam of gold shot out from his chest. He closed his eyes, his hair being tossed around by the wind.

“What the-” Yoon Sung’s eyes widened in surprise as he clumsily formed a bubble around you and him.

The female student next to him did the same, dark blue streams shooting out of her heart and at the bubble.

Each student began doing the same, until the last one.

You looked up to see it was Sun Hee.

She looked dizzy and uncertain, set into a thin line on her pale features. Finally, she clenched her fists too and purple whips of fire blasted from her chest and at the bubble.

Yoon Sung screamed as the bubble popped leaving him unshielded and vulnerable. “I won’t be going down that fast.” He grimaced as he held out his palms and silver and black streams of flame blasted out at Sun Hee.

She clenched her fists even tighter as she fought back with her own powers. Kiseop joined her and his golden sparks curved and twisted around Yoon Sung’s streams of flame.

Yoon Sung groaned out loud and you did, feeling the impact of it as well as you were also tied to Yoon Sung’s powers.

The golden sparks mixed into the silver, making it begin to vanish slowly.

“Andwae!” Yoon Sung screamed loudly. “Stop!”

Kiseop managed to open his eyes and nod at Dongho who stood on his left.

Dongho nodded as he suddenly morphed into a wolf once again and charged at Yoon Sung.

Yoon Sung yelled when Dongho sunk his sharp wolf teeth into his leg and inserted his own werewolf venom into his blood.

He collapsed suddenly to the ground, blood pouring out of his calf.

You gasped as you fell down with him.

“No...” He gasped heavily for air.

The students began to file out from the room.

Someone was tugging you out of his arms.

You looked up to see a concerned Kiseop.

“You okay?”

“Mm...Yeah.” You stuttered, stumbling with your words.

Kiseop gently lifted you up into his arms and you felt relief wash over you.

“Is she okay?” It  was now Dongho (now in his human form) who had suddenly appeared next to Kiseop.

“Not sure, we’ll have to check.”

Dongho gently placed his cool hand on your forehead. “She’s burning up.” He whispered quietly.

“Aniyo...I’m fine.” You murmured back with protest.

Kiseop looked at you with blue worried eyes.

“Perfectly...” Your head fell back and thudded lightly against Kiseop’s strong chest. “Fine.”


~~~~~~~~~~