Attack and Return

Whispers of Fire

 

 

You blindly held out your hands in front of you, desperately trying to defend yourself. You were surprised at how easily you could control your powers now as you felt two beams flare and explode out of your palms once again.

Your powers ripped through your chest and you bit down hard on your lip to stop yourself from screaming again.

The two beams hit and a bright flash of blinding purple and silver exploded, blinding everybody’s sight in the room.

You felt yourself thrown against the wall and you grimaced as your head slammed into the wall. You momentarily out before you sat up and stayed in that position for a moment, feeling dazed as you stared back at Sun Hee.

Sun Hee grinned as she now shot whips of purple out of her palms instead of fire.

You filled your lungs with air and imitated Sun Hee’s actions, black whips similar to hers bursting out of your hands.

You felt as if the pain inside of you was tearing your heart apart as you continued to keep your hands up and directed the whips towards Sun Hee.

The others in the room gasped at your unexpected control over your powers and Sun Hee’s expression became unreadable as she she clenched her teeth and doubled the force of her attack.

You added more force to your attack as you somehow continued to manage to hold out against her powers.

She sensed your weakness and laughed aloud as she sent one more final blast that sent you flying to the wall once again.

You blinked and felt black fuzzy dots fill your vision as you slumped to the ground.

Strong arms suddenly wrapped around your body, stopping it from hitting the cold floor. As the arms continued to hold your body, it seemed to send some sort of gentle power that helped dull the pain a bit.

However, after a little while, the pain grew worse than before and you clenched your hands as you sunk your teeth into your lip. You felt your throat grow dry as the taste of the metallic flavoured blood flowed into your mouth.

Your entire body fell to the ground as a purple glow flared from Sun Hee’s palms again, ready to strike.

The strong arms had let go of you.

“Sun Hee!” It was Kiseop’s voice that made its way to be heard above all else. “STOP THAT. NOW. She’s part of our pack! Why are you fighting her? STOP!”

“NO!” Her shrill scream filled the room. “How CAN I? For all I know, she could be training secretly for her own purposes! Did she pay you guys? What’s WRONG with you guys?!” She took a shuddering breath. “I thought you were my boyfriend, Lee Kiseop?!”

“I AM!” Kiseop screamed back. He lifted his hands, ready to use his powers against Sun Hee. He suddenly stopped and dropped to the ground. “I...I can’t do this.” His breathing became uneven. “Not to my own girlfriend.”

The path of the sound of his whisper somehow found its way to you as you continued attempting to sit up on the ground.

“Please...somebody else do this.”

“Kiseop!” It was the head trainer. “Nobody else can do this except for you!”

There was a moment of hesitation before Kiseop raised his hands again.

There was a sharp intake of breath before bright golden sparks sprayed out of Kiseop’s palms and exploded into the room.

“I’M SORRY!” He screamed into the gold, his voice reaching everybody within the large room.

You breath came out in shallow gasps as you finally sat up, propping yourself against the wall. You felt yourself trying to stand. You pressed your hands against the cool cement walls to push yourself up as you got off the floor.

You took a few steps toward Kiseop, about to tell him to stop. You gasped as you saw a dark purple glow around your body as your raised your arms.

You felt dizzy when you saw the purple. You felt your legs fail to support your weight once again.

Kiseop’s golden sparks continued to spray out of his hands, making the dark room light up brightly as if they were fireworks.

Sun Hee pointed one hand at you, one last purple beam shooting into your body before the golden sparks hit her and slammed into her own body.

Sun Hee’s purple beams slammed into your body and you felt yourself stagger back and fall back against the cold cement wall, your head hitting it with a crack before you slid to the ground in pain.

Something warm and wet flowed down onto your neck and down your back, staining your shirt.

Somebody’s large hand grabbed your hand and squeezed it, their voice yelling your name.

Golden sparks danced before your eyes before both you and Sun Hee screamed out into the whole room in unison.

“____________!” The person who was grabbing your hand called out your name once again.

You gasped for more air.

“Dongho...?” You breathed out, the warm liquid flowing down your back to pool around your useless hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~