Unknown Fact

Whispers of Fire

 

 

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05qjYHlhOzs

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Flying...

You felt as if you were drifting through the dark, stormy night sky, the clouds gently wrapping around your thin body. Your hair was softly blown around your face, the silky strands gently fluttering in the warm wind.

“________...”

Somebody was calling you away and you ignored them, continuing to drift through the clouds.

“________!” They called again, this time more sharply.

“What?” You called back in annoyance, your eyes snapping open to reveal your true surroundings.

A dark, navy blue room with a clean bed. A drip was inserted into your left arm.

“Thank goodness you’re awake.” Kiseop said quietly. “Speaking too.”

You blinked. “Kiseop?”

“I’m here.”

You looked around. “The others...” You stretched out your fingers. “They’re okay, right?”

“Um...Yeah.”

You started to sit up.

“Don’t sit up.” Kiseop advised. “You’re to stay like this for another day.”

You sighed, wanting to stretch your back badly. “So...Care to tell me what happened?”

“Yoon Sung,”

You felt an unexpected shiver roll down your spine.

“He was found to have died. We are currently investigating his student files and other things to see if he has done anything else.”

“Good.” You said slowly. “Where is everyone else?”

“Nana and the other trainers are all recovering in other rooms. Dongho and Sun Hee have returned to their normal routines, and you were kept here because we needed to monitor you closely.” He replied patiently.

“That’s a relief to know they’re all okay.” You commented awkwardly.

He nodded as an awkward silence fell over the both of you.

You sighed and sunk deeper into the pillows, staring at the blue ceiling.

“Listen, _______. I have something I really need to tell you.” He suddenly blurted hurriedly.

You turned your head to stare at him.

“Your tattoo...”

You raised your eyebrows. “My tattoo?”

He nodded and sighed. “When you first came here, I noticed it. The black shadow... It wasn’t there your whole life, was it?”

Is there something wrong with me? A wolf defect or something?

“Uh...yeah.” You confirmed, your voice shaking now.

“I...” Kiseop hesitated before speaking again. “I know how it got there.” He said quietly, ducking his head.

“What...?” You shook your head. “I’m sorry, that’s impossible. I’ve only known you for like, a month.”

“Are you sure?” He was suddenly staring at you, his dark blue eyes full of questioning.

“Kiseop...”

He sighed again. “I didn’t believe it either when I first saw you, but... The tattoo definitely confirms it.”

You shook your head. “Please, Kiseop. You’re scaring me.” You pleaded, concerned for Kiseop now.

“_______... I really need to tell you this.” Kiseop said desperately, his throat dry and sandy.

You bit your lip, not really enjoying the direction the conversation was going.

“Please...”

You sighed and bit your lip so hard that the skin broke, a bit of blood trickling into your mouth.

“Fine...” You nodded.

“Thanks.” He said quietly before beginning to speak again.

“________, what I wanted to tell you was that...your tattoo. When you were 7, a large group of werewolves went hunting for you. They were after you for who knows what, and at that time, I was one of your best friend.”

“What...? I don’t remember you, Kiseop.” You said softly, feeling dizzy and cold.

Kiseop ignored that comment and continued. “I was only 9 back then, and I remember that day. It was dark and rainy; my family was going home with your family. Then...” His voice caught in his throat. “It happened.”

He felt tears begin to burn his eyes as the ugly memories he had been trying to ignore for the past eight years resurface. “The p-pack...” He paused to swallow the lump that had appeared in his throat. “I was there...I watched them kill my own parents and yours too.”

Your breath caught in your throat.

“And... you were killed too.” Tears finally broke free and ran down his cheeks. “And...” He ducked his head and let them fall into his hands.

You didn’t know what to do as you watched him cry, his broad, muscled shoulders shaking.

“I healed you.”

You blinked. “...W-what?”

“I-I brought you back to life.” He stammered in his tears. “By bringing you back to life, it meant letting you give up all your memories with me and the ones with your parents and mine. When you were finally brought back, it left a shadow on your cheek, a symbol showing that you’ve been brought back from the other world. I thought...I thought I’d never see you again.”

You slowly reached up your left hand to touch your left cheek, your fingers lightly pressing against the tattoo. “But...”

“Let me finish.” He pleaded, wiping his tears with the back of his hand. “I....I’m so sorry, _________. I wasn’t able to save your parents, I passed out as soon as I had managed to get someone to take you into safety. If only... I’d been stronger. If I was stronger...”

You gulped, a lone tear trickling down your cheek and running over your tattoo. “Kiseop...”

“I-I’m so sorry....” Kiseop sobbed into his hands. “If only I had been stronger... I would have been able to save everyone. I’m sorry...It’s all my fault.”

“You couldn’t help it, Kiseop...” You said quietly, tears running freely down your cheeks now. “Don’t cry...”

He slowly looked up at you with his watery eyes. Slowly, he reached out to place on gentle finger on your tattoo. He stood up and slowly leaned in.

Closing his eyes, he pressed his lips against your own, tears trickling down both your faces.

You closed your eyes and laced your own fingers with his, squeezing his hand, telling him that i was going to be all right.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~